Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Ok round two lol, got it right this time.

Again keeping with the theme of the season, continue the discussion here.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

All is well in the universe

Comment

Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Onward and Upward!!!!

Can someone tell me if I have this analogy right?

Hockey East is like the PAC-10. Their fans seem to think that the teams there play with such fast and talented offenses that they don't need to play defense.

It just boggles my mind that they actually think that Miami's D can't hold down the BC offense. Don't get me wrong, they are incredibly talented and can score with the best of them. However, the big evidence that is presented against Miami's defense is the 5-5 tie with UNH. They conveniently forget that this was the second game on a road trip. We also beat them 6-3 the previous night. Seems that we had the ability and performance to shut them down pretty well. Come to think of it, that's another thing HE has in common with the PAC-10.
      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

I will give them BC fans this, they are definitely confident lol. But some of the points they are trying to make in that thread are border line delusional. Not that BC can't come out and drop 7 on Miami, it could happen. But they are almost taking it as a given, beyond absurd.

Comment

Didn't you guys hear? Jerry York went over to the Bulldogs and told them "eh, we're going to let you put 7 in". Clearly, BC could have scored 379 if they wanted, but they didn't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            I will give them BC fans this, they are definitely confident lol. But some of the points they are trying to make in that thread are border line delusional. Not that BC can't come out and drop 7 on Miami, it could happen. But they are almost taking it as a given, beyond absurd.
            If they drop 7 thats only because Blasi and Saksa let them of course, and we already had a 10 goal lead.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              Didn't you guys hear? Jerry York went over to the Bulldogs and told them "eh, we're going to let you put 7 in". Clearly, BC could have scored 379 if they wanted, but they didn't want to.
              It's all a ploy to make us feel over confident. Those tricky eagles...

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                It's all a ploy to make us feel over confident. Those tricky eagles...
                Oh its definitely got me worried, I have little to no faith now in the top 2 goalies in the country in GAA. Muse has been a stud recently, only giving up 14 goals on 86 shots. Connor is a sieve, giving up 4 in his last 124 shots.

Comment

I will say that he was pretty good the last time we faced him. Granted, very beatable, but he was still pretty good.

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

Any word on vinny making a recovery by next week? I really am not looking forward to b smith on the blueline again. Tomassoni should have played back and smith up on Sunday. Too many close calls with Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Any word on vinny making a recovery by next week? I really am not looking forward to b smith on the blueline again. Tomassoni should have played back and smith up on Sunday. Too many close calls with Brandon
                      Seriously about the b. smith. He seemed kinda like an eager beaver on defense. Why did Rico move him back to defense? I thought he was doing well on offense.

Comment

Good luck against BC...i can tell you that almost all of us Spartan fans are cheering for you guys.

What is the health of your team at this point? I would assume Blasi will go back to Reichard, is that correct?
                        MICHIGAN STATE
                        1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
                          Seriously about the b. smith. He seemed kinda like an eager beaver on defense. Why did Rico move him back to defense? I thought he was doing well on offense.
                          Would seriously doubt vinny makes it back. Also reason B. Smith was on D was due to tomassoni getting hurt. Fatige and injuries gave him no choice. Atleast they had someone that could make the jump. Its a good thing we got guys like that to go to. Just adds to the tremendous depth.

Guys B.C. fans are going to do what they do. They think they are untouchable, just like this team will be intimidated because they beat us 3 years in a row....

Just let them go on their rants, when we beat them its a simple 4 words. I TOLD YOU SO!

This team gave up 5 goals to UNH and UND two of the best offenses in the country. If they want to say Michigan's offense isn't anywhere as good as theirs they lose all credibility. Alaska held them to 3 goals (well two and an empty netter) so they didn't have any problem shutting down that high octane offense and our defense statistically is better than theirs...but yea they will light us up
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                            Good luck against BC...i can tell you that almost all of us Spartan fans are cheering for you guys.

What is the health of your team at this point? I would assume Blasi will go back to Reichard, is that correct?
                            Well our only upperclass defenseman is most likely out but still have a lot of experience and talent on the blueline. That is our only injury so we are extremely healthy. I wouldn't assume he goes with Reichard. For me I don't know how you don't go with knapp, if anything to reward to the kid for how spectacular he played.

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post

You just asked the $1 million question. Many would see Knapp's Michigan heroics as deserving of a start against BC - and probably so. However, it is still difficult to justify sitting the CCHA player of the year and lowest GAA in the nation.

Comment

Working...
                              X