RIT (aka Team Canada)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT (aka Team Canada)

I count 15 Canadians and 1 Fin on RIT's roster. The other Final Four teams are mostly Americans. Apparently the NCAA has no rule against stocking your team with Canucks?
    That's kind of a shame, considering how far USA Hockey has come and that the Olympics show that our youth hockey development program is almost on par with Canada. But not if we give away our college roster spots to non-Americans.

Re: RIT (aka Team Canada)

Originally posted by Geoff View Post
    I count 15 Canadians and 1 Fin on RIT's roster.
    Roboshark?
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff View Post
      I count 15 Canadians and 1 Fin on RIT's roster. The other Final Four teams are mostly Americans. Apparently the NCAA has no rule against stocking your team with Canucks?
      That's kind of a shame, considering how far USA Hockey has come and that the Olympics show that our youth hockey development program is almost on par with Canada. But not if we give away our college roster spots to non-Americans.

Why can't they use {100% Minnesota residents} ?!?!?!!?!?

BPH- *standing ovation*

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Don Cherry + Uncle Sam = Geoff?

I like to see Americans on the rosters, but I certainly don't think anything less of the foreign born college players or teams that recruit them. I can't imagine college hockey without some of the Canadians that have come through the ranks...and even a few Europeans here and there.

Does anyone have current numbers on birthplace of college players?
        MICHIGAN STATE
        1966:1986:2007

Comment

Let me guess, RIT also has a much older team than the other three participants...

Comment

I was wondering how long it would be before a "25-year-old Canadians" complaint surfaced.

RIT teams have been mostly Canadian for as long as I can remember (that means early 1980s for my RIT memory and many many years of DII and DIII play). There are many reasons for that, our proximity to Canada being one. The players available for a place with no athletic scholarships is another. Anyone want to complain about how almost all do well in classes and get their degrees (e.g. Ringwald who finished in 3 years and is working on a Master's this year.)

BTW: Jared DeMichiel happens to be from Connecticut. Something that always amused me during intros against UConn.
            -M

Comment

We're playing them next and I don't have a problem with it.

If a Canadian is walking down the street can you even pick him out? Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                I was wondering how long it would be before a "25-year-old Canadians" complaint surfaced.

RIT teams have been mostly Canadian for as long as I can remember (that means early 1980s for my RIT memory and many many years of DII and DIII play). There are many reasons for that, our proximity to Canada being one. The players available for a place with no athletic scholarships is another. Anyone want to complain about how almost all do well in classes and get their degrees (e.g. Ringwald who finished in 3 years and is working on a Master's this year.)

BTW: Jared DeMichiel happens to be from Connecticut. Something that always amused me during intros against UConn.
                So not only are they overaged canadians, but they're overachieving, overaged canadians!

Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  If a Canadian is walking down the street can you even pick him out? Who cares?
                  And if you could, would it matter???

Also, don't tell anyone, but Cameron Burt (RIT #18) is from Detroit ... and he's black, too. But we don't care, because he's a good student, a great guy, and as the Corner Crew likes to say "Burt brings the Hurt!!".
                  -M

Comment

I dont see the problem with 22 year old Canadian Feshmen?
                    They couldnt find one 1990 or 1991 player for their team. BC alone has 10 players born in 90 or 91

BC has zero 85's and zero 86's. Only 3 -87's, one a walk on who nevr dresses. RIT has 3-85's, 4-86's and 5-87's.

Give me a good old fashioned, all about the acedmics 22 year old Canadian freshmen in an American school, which they have, and I will be there rooting hard, for whoever they play against......

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                      And if you could, would it matter???

Also, don't tell anyone, but Cameron Burt (RIT #18) is from Detroit ... and he's black, too. But we don't care, because he's a good student, a great guy, and as the Corner Crew likes to say "Burt brings the Hurt!!".
                      You have a black player!?

Call it off!

My point is, they're your players and they meet eligibility and they're wearing your uni, so I have no problem with where they're from, what color they are or what language they speak.

Your team vs. our team. Drop the puck!

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                        Roboshark?
                        Why does Finland have one "n" but the term to describe people people from Finland has two has two? It's such a strange world.

And yes I realize Finland actually has two n's. Shut up.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          Why can't they use {100% Minnesota residents} ?!?!?!!?!?
                          Like Grant Potulny (sp?) and Thomas Vanek?

Comment

From being around college hockey for years, I can tell you that often times, the over-aged Canadians are more appreciative of their scholarship and their opportunity to earn a degree than a lot of the Americans.

This enrages me every time this comes up. As long as they meet the clearinghouse standards and can add to the skill level, they belong.

Further, the talent level has been watered down with more teams, kids going major junior, leaving early, want to see how bad the talent level would be if we made it Americans only? Didn't think so.

Comment

I also forgot their 23 year old freshmen goalie. He will only be 27+ when he graduates where Benn Ferriero, who is younger, will be finishing his 4th year of pro hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X