Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Good compromise for both of you!
    That was the first of many times when I learned that I'm not really a fan of IPAs.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      That was the first of many times when I learned that I'm not really a fan of IPAs.

GFM
      I am not a fan of IPAs either, but it only took me once to figure it out....
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I hope UAH is going to be able to get into a conference soon because some of the players they are offering scholarships to most Div. III schools passed on. Which leads me to believe that this could be their last season.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
          I hope UAH is going to be able to get into a conference soon because some of the players they are offering scholarships to most Div. III schools passed on. Which leads me to believe that this could be their last season.
          Prove that assertion. Exactly none of the recruits lined up before the CCHA's decision in August dropped their commitment.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

...Which leads me to believe that this could be their last season.
            This leads me to believe that you know nothing about UAH hockey... actually, I know it. You do know that we're hosting the 2012 Frozen Four, right? Translation - the program is, at the very least, good through then... duh!
            Doug
            UAH 1974
            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Really?

Name the recruits and name the D-3 schools that passed on them.

Comment

Charger Fans... Here is the "unofficial" schedule for next year... yep, all 34 of them. I'm not putting any dates to them just to tease you guys... he, he, he You know how to figure them out... There are always possible changes but, as of today, it looks like this:

H - Ferris State
                @ Wisconsin
                @ Bowling Green
                @ Michigan State
                @ Ohio State
                H - Providence
                @ RPI Tournament
                @ Cornell
                H - Robert Morris
                @ Mercyhurst
                H - RPI
                H - Bemidji State
                H - (Surprise!!!) You'll have to wait for the "official" announcement
                @ Colorado College
                @ Nebraska-Omaha
                @ Ferris State
                H - NDTP

Here's the game breakdowns by league affiliations:
                10 CCHA
                8 WCHA
                6 ECAC
                4 Hockey East
                4 Atlantic Hockey
                2 NDTP

A couple details are left out for reasons that will become clear when the official schedule is announced but hey, what a great schedule!!! If we can hold our own, sadly without Talbie, we could qualify for an at-large bid. Big task but then you got to play the big boys to learn to play like them. With new goalies coming in a .500 season will be a tough chore but if it happens, it will be quite an accomplishment!!! Take a good look at that schedule, you'll be hard pressed to find many tougher. We should score big points in the Strength of Schedule department for sure... Enjoy Charger Fans!!!

PS - I'd like to personally thank each and every team that stepped up and helped us make this schedule happen - you should do the same.

PPS - And thank you Millsy... :the flag is flying high:
                Last edited by Douglas; 05-28-2010, 05:49 PM.
                Doug
                UAH 1974
                Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                  H - (Surprise!!!) You'll have to wait for the "official" announcement
                  Based on your breakdown, it's a HEA team. My heart is screaming Lowell or Maine. My beg is screaming Boston College...

EDIT: Unless I'm just forgetting who's in the RPI tournament...
                  UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                  2006 Time Person of the Year
                  Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                  It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

What I want to know is why Douglas has this information and why I don't.

I'm curious as to see what's released first: the 2010-11 schedule or John McCabe's replacement. DC told me that he was very close to replacing Caber.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hmm, does this mean the admin has finally decided I'm allowed to post now?

Doug, don't tease us like that. We want specific days and times!

I knew about the MSU game and a few others, mostly from people at those schools making mention of it. I'm hoping to head up to see my friends at Moo-U, but that all depends on the exact dates. My wife can't get time off during November and December very easily and it looks like that's where those games are going to fall. Oh well. Though Ferris State might be an alternative option, given my wife wants to head up in the spring to catch an NHL and AHL game in the area anyway.

14 home games then? I'd like to have had at least 2 more, but at this moment I don't think beggars can be choosers. But 14 is a far sight better than none at all. Too bad there are so many bruisers in this schedule. Not that our goalies don't see a lot of rubber, but I dislike breaking in a rookie with that kind of opposition. I hope the guys are up to it.

Well, here's to another season... LETS GO CHARGERS!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                        Based on your breakdown, it's a HEA team. My heart is screaming Lowell or Maine. My beg is screaming Boston College...

EDIT: Unless I'm just forgetting who's in the RPI tournament...
                        I can tell you it's not Maine.

Comment

Fri 10/15/2010 @ Madison, WI
                          Sun 10/17/2010 @ Madison, WI
                          Fri 10/22/2010 @ Bowling Green, OH 7:05 p.m.
                          Sat 10/23/2010 @ Bowling Green, OH 7:05 p.m.

Rensselaer Holiday Tournament @ Troy, NY
                          Fri 11/26/2010 vs Bowling Green 4:00 ET
                          Sat 11/27/2010 vs UConn/RPI 4:00/7:30 ET
                          Last edited by tnlong; 06-01-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Wooohoo!!! @Ohio State!!! I'm back in Huntsville now, but I'd make the trip back up to C-bus for that weekend.
                            "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                              Rensselaer Holiday Tournament @ Troy, NY
                              Fri 11/26/2010 vs Bowling Green 4:00 ET
                              Sat 11/27/2010 vs UConn/RPI 4:00/7:30 ET
                              Any of you who make it to Troy on Thanksgiving weekend for the tournament, I promise you all the first round at Brown's Taproom is on me.
                              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by fangers
                                Thanks Doug, nice to see the Ohio State add to the schedule as that means @5 road trips within 4-5 hours for me Hey Mike, let me know if you want to do a trip or four.
                                You know, depending on the date for that OSU weekend (4-0-1, baby!), I'm all up for a trip. Of course, my home will be welcome as a half-way stop (for some of you ).
                                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                                2006 Time Person of the Year
                                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Working...
                                X