Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    You mean Mr. Michigan High School Hockey? (...or something like that) Amen to that brother...
    Yeah, him. Jared somethingorother.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Wait ... did Rosie go to DCC too? I know that he and Roscoe were Mr. Michigan back-to-back years, but I can't remember if they played HS hockey together.

Either way, Rosie was a year ahead of Roscoe in HS and played juniors a year, which is how they entered as freshmen together.

[Insert fun story about how UAH stole both Roscoe and Muny from Michigan State, and that our current coaching staff is all Spartans and Chargers.]

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Geof, can you lay off the nicknames? You are one of two people here that get major wood for independent-team hockey, so the rest of us in hockey-rich states would appreciate using real names. Thanks!
        "Who do you play for?"
        "USA!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbagged View Post
          Geof, can you lay off the nicknames? You are one of two people here that get major wood for independent-team hockey, so the rest of us in hockey-rich states would appreciate using real names. Thanks!
          Well, we are talking UAH. I see DU people talking about "Chevy" and not Chevrie. If this was still a CHA thread, I'd be using proper names and all that.

Roscoe would be Jared Ross. Rosie is Keith Rowe, Jared's one-time linemate. Both were Mr. Michigan in hockey before coming to UAH. Muny is Scott Munroe, who CHA fans should be well-acquainted with.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            ...Roscoe would be Jared Ross. Rosie is Keith Rowe, Jared's one-time linemate. Both were Mr. Michigan in hockey before coming to UAH. Muny is Scott Munroe, who CHA fans should be well-acquainted with. GFM
            Darn Geof, you let the cat(s) out of the bag...
            Hmmmm, you mean someone from outside UAH is actually looking at this thread? Hmmmmm...
            Doug
            UAH 1974
            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Darn Geof, you let the cat(s) out of the bag...
              Hmmmm, you mean someone from outside UAH is actually looking at this thread? Hmmmmm...

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

The name at the top of the forum here isn't College Hockey Alabamy y'all know that.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Detroit Catholic Central

Detroit Catholic Central:
                  Keith Rowe - MI Mr. Hockey 1999
                  Todd Bentley - 2000
                  Jared Ross - MI Mr. Hockey 2001

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    The name at the top of the forum here isn't College Hockey Alabamy y'all know that.
                    But it is on the thread!

And thanks, Terry. I'd forgotten about Bentley.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      That's only because Mike started the thread before I did... I would have kept the CHA alive as College Hockey Alabama... just as Cole coined it.
                      Doug
                      UAH 1974
                      Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                      Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                      Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                      Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                      Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

I still hate Huntsville.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                          I still hate Huntsville.
                          Buck Femidji.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

That's only because Mike started the thread before I did... I would have kept the CHA alive as College Hockey Alabama... just as Cole coined it.
                            I thought that was going to be the Alabama season thread title??
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbagged View Post
                              I'm surprised anyone else cares about UAH hockey. I mean, didn't you hear? UAH is dropping it's hockey program. Just like it was last year. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that.

etc.
                              UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                              2006 Time Person of the Year
                              Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                              It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

RMU alum Matt Krug was named the IHL Defenseman of the Year.

http://ism3.infinityprosports.com/is...article_id=804

Comment

Working...
                                X