Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    It was a deal Coach Cole put together over the last year with the Preds. He wanted to do it for some time. Too bad he won't be around to enjoy it. I'll enjoy it though!!! Also, it's hard to beat a good Fudruckers hamburger while in the Music City.
    Heard Fuddruckers closed in Nashville. They aren't listed on the Fudd's website anymore either.

Comment

... The fact that we have more home games this year (Translation = other teams are coming to us!) is something to be celebrated even if I have to drive 80 - 100 miles to see them.

Keep supporting the Chargers in any way you can... just keep supporting them!
      Last year, there were 12 home games. This year there are 8 home games plus 4 neutral-ice games within a 100 miles. The last home game is 8 Jan., and the regular season ends 12 Feb. Given this, simple survival is the thing to be celebrated.

Comment

Supporting the Chargers means ALWAYS buying season tickets. You can always give any you can't use to potential new fans as I have done for years with the EXTRA reserved seats I always buy. Come on... you can do it!!!
        Heck, I live in Colorado and have four tickets! I maybe go to a weekend series a year. Maybe. I used to travel more to Huntsville but these last few years have been sparse. For most of the season I have given to some guys I know professionally, and I rely on them to pass them on to their colleagues.

I may have to try to see about Nashville, that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
          I just give to the BLC. And, quite honestly, I'd rather see people who have no intention of attending game give that money to the BLC and allow a fan who's gonna scream his or her head off at games sit in that seat.

JMHO.
          In terms of dollar-for-dollar support of the program, that helps more than buying tickets for a game, yes. In terms of how people view the success of the program from outside, not so much. We'd have to be crazy to think that two of the CCHA's concerns about admitting our beloved team is that 1) our arena shafts us on dates and 2) they're concerned about how well we draw.

In my mind, it's quite simple: previously, you could argue that crap attendance was because we were in a crap league. I mean, does anyone really get all that excited about Robert Morris coming to Huntsville, other than the 50 kids who still love that YouTube clip of Troy Maney going at it with Rob Cowan and think that the Colonials are UAH's big rival because of it? Not really.

Ferris. PC. RPI. Bemidji. If you can't draw for that schedule, just when the **** are you going to draw? When Notre Dame comes to town? Great---now you have the exact argument that every one of the Small Six in the CCHA have---we can only draw when we play Mich/Sparty/tOSU/NtD/Miami. [Okay, so Miami doesn't often get play in that discussion, but their national standing in the last half-decade takes them out of the little sister division.]

I'm not going to tell any of you how to spend your money. I will tell you, however, that this year is put up or shut up when it turns to ticket sales and attendance, especially season ticket sales. Now, we all know that the VBC eats a lot of the money that goes into that revenue stream, but if we struggle to draw 16,000 fans for those eight Huntsville home games ...

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
            Last year, there were 12 home games. This year there are 8 home games plus 4 neutral-ice games within a 100 miles. The last home game is 8 Jan., and the regular season ends 12 Feb. Given this, simple survival is the thing to be celebrated.
            There are actually 10 home games plus the 4 neutral ice games... You're missing one weekend.

PS-Terry. Richard Smith at the Flying Monkey this Friday night. I'm going to count his fingers... I think he has more than the usual guitar player...
            Doug
            UAH 1974
            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

There are actually 10 home games plus the 4 neutral ice games... You're missing one weekend.

PS-Terry. Richard Smith at the Flying Monkey this Friday night. I'm going to count his fingers... I think he has more than the usual guitar player...
              Ok, I'm just counting D-1 games. Is Danton bringing his U.S. National Under-17 team to Huntsville at the end of the season?

Yes, Richard and Julie are a great pair/act!
              I'd like to see Richard teamed with Hazelgreen's Shane Adkins ( http://www.shaneadkins.com/ ).

Walker Street Opry (on the back dock Friday) is always worth seeing, especially if Tony Robertson of IronHorse (http://ironhorsebluegrass.com/the-band/) is with them.
              "The skill and ability of Iron Horse to transpose metal to bluegrass while maintaining the identity of the originals is exceptional. The versatility of Iron Horse is demonstrated by the more traditional flavor of their first CD, “Ridin’ Out the Storm”. This versatility enables Iron Horse to perform such standards as “Rocky Top” and “Man of Constant Sorrow” with little effort, while entertaining “metal-heads” with the familiarity of the compositions of metal and pop icons – all on the same stage"
              Last edited by tnlong; 07-15-2010, 01:22 AM.

Comment

So I noted that the schedule has been updated just a bit more. Moo U and Bobby Mo decided to finally confirm some dates. The only interesting thing is that the dates for Bobby are a Sat/Sun combo. Not entirely sure why but the games are after Final Exams, so they won't affect our players and might mean we can convince a few of our B'ham based students to show up at the game. There's also the plus of not fighting traffic and food issues in B'ham on a Friday night. I've spoken to my father and he thinks he might want to make both the the Bobby Mo and Merrimack series so we'll drag and extra fan or two with us.

Looks like we're just waiting to hear about the folks at Cornell and from Cole's NTDP. Anyway, updated schedule:

Thu 10/07/2010 Ferris State 7:05 CT
                Fri 10/08/2010 Ferris State 7:05 CT
                Fri 10/15/2010 @ Wisconsin 7:05 CT
                Sun 10/17/2010 @ Wisconsin 1:05 CT
                Fri 10/22/2010 @ Bowling Green 7:05 ET
                Sat 10/23/2010 @ Bowling Green 7:05 ET
                Fri 10/29/2010 @ Michigan State 7:05 ET
                Sat 10/30/2010 @ Michigan State 7:05 ET
                Fri 11/05/2010 @ Ohio State 7:05 ET
                Sat 11/06/2010 @ Ohio State 7:05 ET
                Fri 11/12/2010 Providence College 7:05 CT
                Sat 11/13/2010 Providence College 7:05 CT
                Rensselaer Holiday Tournament @ Troy, NY
                Fri 11/26/2010 vs Bowling Green 4:00 ET
                Sat 11/27/2010 vs UConn / RPI 4:00 / 7:30 ET
                @ Cornell (Projected: Fri 12/3/2010)
                @ Cornell (Projected: Sat 12/4/2010)
                Sat 12/11/2010 Robert Morris (Birmingham, AL) 7:05 CT
                Sun 12/12/2010 Robert Morris (Birmingham, AL) 2:05 CT
                Thu 12/16/2010 @ Mercyhurst (nc) 7:05 ET
                Fri 12/17/2010 @ Mercyhurst (nc) 7:05 ET
                Thu 12/30/2010 Rensselaer 7:05 CT
                Fri 12/31/2010 Rensselaer 7:05 CT
                Fri 01/07/2011 Bemidji State 7:05 CT
                Sat 01/08/2011 Bemidji State 7:05 CT
                Fri 01/14/2011 Merrimack 7:00 CT (Nashville, TN)
                Sat 01/15/2011 Merrimack 1:00 CT (Nashville, TN) + NHL: Chicago @ Nashville
                Fri 01/21/2011 @ Colorado College 7:35 MT
                Sat 01/22/2011 @ Colorado College 7:05 MT
                Fri 01/28/2011 @ Nebraska-Omaha 7:35 CT
                Sat 01/29/2011 @ Nebraska-Omaha 7:05 CT
                Fri 02/11/2011 @ Ferris State 7:05 ET
                Sat 02/12/2011 @ Ferris State 7:05 ET
                National Team Development Program
                National Team Development Program

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                  Ok, I'm just counting D-1 games. Is Danton bringing his U.S. National Under-17 team to Huntsville at the end of the season?
                  Is it the U-17 team that plays the college kids?

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Is it the U-17 team that plays the college kids?

GFM
                    No. They play in the USHL. The U18 NDTP team is the one that plays a lot of college teams. Also the U20 Junior team will play RPI in a tune up for the World Juniors. The Swedish Junior team has several college games lined up as well. The US junior team is only together from December 16 until the completion of the tournament at Buffalo and Niagara on January 5 so they have only a week to schedule exhibitions and besides RPI they play the Czech Republic and Norway Junior teams.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                      No. They play in the USHL. The U18 NDTP team is the one that plays a lot of college teams. Also the U20 Junior team will play RPI in a tune up for the World Juniors. The Swedish Junior team has several college games lined up as well. The US junior team is only together from December 16 until the completion of the tournament at Buffalo and Niagara on January 5 so they have only a week to schedule exhibitions and besides RPI they play the Czech Republic and Norway Junior teams.
                      Thanks for the info.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hey everybody! New to posting on these boards and just wanted to say hello. A small group of us from the Ohio State area jumped on the UAH bandwagon after hearing about your conference plight. I have often wore my "The CCHA Hates Biscuits" shirt out and have gotten a few questions about it up here. Looking forward to discussing UAH hockey with you all, and Geoff, you should be commended for all you do with the program! Job well done!

Comment

Originally posted by CDogg1 View Post
                          Hey everybody! New to posting on these boards and just wanted to say hello. A small group of us from the Ohio State area jumped on the UAH bandwagon after hearing about your conference plight. I have often wore my "The CCHA Hates Biscuits" shirt out and have gotten a few questions about it up here. Looking forward to discussing UAH hockey with you all, and Geoff, you should be commended for all you do with the program! Job well done!
                          I am but one of many. I'm just loud.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Is there going to be some sort of ticket package option for the double-header with the Predators?
                            "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by CDogg1 View Post
                              Welcome to the fold...
                              Doug
                              UAH 1974
                              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

I was at a hockey camp in Huntsville tonight and Coach Luongo was a guest coach. He is a very nice guy, knows his hockey, and can command a room. I think I shocked him a little bit when I took a puck to the ovaries area and was like "ow!!!! shot to the baby maker!!!" lmao. He looked at me like I had 2 heads. lol. But it was a fun skate and he seems like a great guy. He talked a bit about the Chargers and next season. Sounds like the Chargers are being led by a good one and he's excited for the season.
                                "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X