Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I'm just sad that no one wants to talk about the team with me. :kicks can:

GFM
    Hey, we don't all get to hang out with the team all the time like some people.
    Overheard at UAH/ND Regional during rendition of “Sweet Home Alabama” by UAH’s band: “Is that their fight song?”

Comment

Originally posted by DerF View Post
      Jealousy is not pretty on you, Derf. You have eyes---tell me what you think about the team. I know you have opinions on things other than the quality of refereeing.

Still haven't seen anything on Mo signing with the Habs. I sure hope that isn't true, as that organization is the only NHL club where I don't think I could root for a UAH player after their Charger career is done. INCH has a pro signees page if you're interested.

I've been saying to anyone who'll listen that a .500 record with the SOS we'll see starting next season will get us an at-large bid. With Talbie back, I thought we had a shot at that. I don't know if I believe that anymore. Groh has looked solid in previous years, but it looks like his stats are taking a downturn this year. I'm ready to be wrong, though. I don't know enough about his playing time this year. I do know, though, that you could see Talbie's college success coming with his OHL stats.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by DerF View Post
        Yup, some of us have lives.
        -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
        web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Originally posted by wnickelson View Post
          Yup, some of us have lives.
          Bitterness does become you, though.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
            I can't believe they used the headshot I took this year. Why? Look at him, it's right after he was mugged. They could have at least photoshopped out the black eye. Shucks, I'd have done it for them... or they could have used last years photo.
            Doug
            UAH 1974
            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
              I can't believe they used the headshot I took this year. Why? Look at him, it's right after he was mugged.
              Talbie got mugged? I knew Seabass was dirty, but dang.

GFM <-- is just kidding...
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                I can't believe they used the headshot I took this year. Why? Look at him, it's right after he was mugged. They could have at least photoshopped out the black eye. Shucks, I'd have done it for them... or they could have used last years photo.
                Think Slap Shot. It makes him look mean!
                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                2006 Time Person of the Year
                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Still haven't seen anything on Mo signing with the Habs. I sure hope that isn't true, as that organization is the only NHL club where I don't think I could root for a UAH player after their Charger career is done. INCH has a pro signees page if you're interested.
                  Since the Cincinnati Cyclones hold dual affiliation with Nashville and Montreal, I would not be opposed to this signing.

/Still miffed I missed Bruuuuuuuuuce a couple of years ago in the Kelly Cup final.
                  UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                  2006 Time Person of the Year
                  Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                  It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

RMU's Dave Cowan signs a tryout contract with the Norfolk Admirals.

http://www.norfolkadmirals.com/relea...y1.php?id=1856

Comment

Originally posted by atkinsj30 View Post
                      RMU's Dave Cowan signs a tryout contract with the Norfolk Admirals.

http://www.norfolkadmirals.com/relea...y1.php?id=1856
                      Is this where UAH fans call Rob Cowan a hack?

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I like seeing any CHA player get a shot at the pros... Maybe he'll make it. Anyone joining former CHA teams next year will not qualify though... Only the next three seasons will we graduate, or at least move on, CHA players. Best of luck to all of them. They had the guts to join a dying league.
                        Doug
                        UAH 1974

Comment

I like big defensemen... we've had several in the past, like Schrieber, Winchester, and Butler to name a few, and they're always fun to watch and can put the really big hits on an opposing team. Hopefully, Gatt will grow into that kind of role and at 6'3" and 195 now, he can only get stronger with a real strength training regimen. Now, if it turns out he has a killer slap shot to go with it, well, that's just gravey... Way to go coaches!!!
                          Doug
                          UAH 1974

Comment

I think I'd like to see Miami go all the way this year... it wouldn't look to bad for us if the National Champion only beat us by one goal... with the help of some really bad reffing too...
                            Doug
                            UAH 1974

Comment

Originally posted by fangers
                              Looks like UAH has added another Def:

http://topekaroadrunners.pointstreak...ews/news_12102

Good skater, sees ice well, big improvement over course of the season.
                              I liked the last kid we took that played at DCCHS.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I liked the last kid we took that played at DCCHS.

GFM
                                You mean Mr. Michigan High School Hockey? (...or something like that) Amen to that brother...
                                Doug
                                UAH 1974

Comment

Working...
                                X