Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I'm actually hoping to be able to leak the schedule before I leak the coaching news.

GFM
    ???? I thought I already leaked the schedule... except for the "mystery" games? Hey, I got to have some fun here. I didn't bother putting dates to them but Terry has pretty much taken care of that...
    Doug
    UAH 1974
    Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
    Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
    Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
    Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
    Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
      ???? I thought I already leaked the schedule... except for the "mystery" games? Hey, I got to have some fun here. I didn't bother putting dates to them but Terry has pretty much taken care of that...
      You did Doug...a quick copy paste of what I've saved from the earlier mentions renders this as the current "known" schedule:

Thu 10/07/2010 Ferris State 7:05 CT
      Fri 10/08/2010 Ferris State 7:05 CT
      Fri 10/15/2010 @ Wisconsin 7:05 CT
      Sun 10/17/2010 @ Wisconsin 1:05 CT
      Fri 10/22/2010 @ Bowling Green 7:05 ET
      Sat 10/23/2010 @ Bowling Green 7:05 ET
      @ Michigan State
      @ Michigan State
      Fri 11/05/2010 @ Ohio State 7:05 ET
      Sat 11/06/2010 @ Ohio State 7:05 ET
      Fri 11/12 Providence College
      Sat 11/13 Providence College
      Rensselaer Holiday Tournament @ Troy, NY
      Fri 11/26/2010 vs Bowling Green 4:00 ET
      Sat 11/27/2010 vs UConn/RPI 4:00/7:30 ET
      @ Cornell
      @ Cornell
      Robert Morris
      Robert Morris
      @ Mercyhurst
      @ Mercyhurst
      Thu 12/30/2010 Rensselaer 7:05 CT
      Fri 12/31/2010 Rensselaer 7:05 CT
      Fri 01/07/2011 Bemidji State 7:05 CT
      Sat 01/08/2011 Bemidji State 7:05 CT
      *surprise home game*
      *surprise home game*
      Fri 01/21/2011 @ Colorado College 7:35 MT
      Sat 01/22/2011 @ Colorado College 7:05 MT
      Fri 01/28/2011 @ Nebraska-Omaha 7:35 CT
      Sat 01/29/2011 @ Nebraska-Omaha 7:05 CT
      Fri 02/11/2011 @ Ferris State 7:05 ET
      Sat 02/12/2011 @ Ferris State 7:05 ET
      NDTP
      NDTP

I've also got comments (which I know you and Geof heard too) which have lead me to believe that they are trying to get us a combo deal with the Preds for a double header or two College Hockey/NHL style.

So we're missing dates for a handful, mostly in December and January. The surprise will be the weekend of the 14th and 15th in January, and that's just extrapolation from the bookends that we do have set. The same is basically going to be true for the MSU games because of the known Bowling Green and OSU games. Heck, I could probably safely add in the dates for about half the ones outstanding without any risk of being wrong, provided the information I'm collecting is accurate.

Comment

Charger Fans... Here is the "unofficial" schedule for next year... yep, all 34 of them. I'm not putting any dates to them just to tease you guys... he, he, he You know how to figure them out... There are always possible changes but, as of today, it looks like this:

H - Ferris State
        @ Wisconsin
        @ Bowling Green
        @ Michigan State
        @ Ohio State
        H - Providence
        @ RPI Tournament
        @ Cornell
        H - Robert Morris
        @ Mercyhurst
        H - RPI
        H - Bemidji State
        H - (Surprise!!!) You'll have to wait for the "official" announcement
        @ Colorado College
        @ Nebraska-Omaha
        @ Ferris State
        H - NDTP

Here's the game breakdowns by league affiliations:
        10 CCHA
        8 WCHA
        6 ECAC
        4 Hockey East
        4 Atlantic Hockey
        2 NDTP

A couple details are left out for reasons that will become clear when the official schedule is announced but hey, what a great schedule!!! If we can hold our own, sadly without Talbie, we could qualify for an at-large bid. Big task but then you got to play the big boys to learn to play like them. With new goalies coming in a .500 season will be a tough chore but if it happens, it will be quite an accomplishment!!! Take a good look at that schedule, you'll be hard pressed to find many tougher. We should score big points in the Strength of Schedule department for sure... Enjoy Charger Fans!!!

PS - I'd like to personally thank each and every team that stepped up and helped us make this schedule happen - you should do the same.

PPS - And thank you Millsy... :the flag is flying high:
        Here's Doug's initial post about the schedule if folks forgot and/or don't want to look it up.

Comment

Yes, you did essentially leak the schedule, and Terry essentially leaked who UAH is playing that one weekend.

From previous experience, UAH doesn't release the schedule until every last contract's ink is dry. Fits UAH's culture.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            Yes, you did essentially leak the schedule, and Terry essentially leaked who UAH is playing that one weekend.

From previous experience, UAH doesn't release the schedule until every last contract's ink is dry. Fits UAH's culture.

GFM
            UAH's culture? You mean that obsessive compulsive streak that runs through 2/3rds of the student body?

(Hey, I've got it too.)

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
              UAH's culture? You mean that obsessive compulsive streak that runs through 2/3rds of the student body?

(Hey, I've got it too.)
              Combined with a heaping help of "we've always done it this way" syndrome...
              UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
              2006 Time Person of the Year
              Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
              It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Are there any names being bandied about in the coaching search?
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

According to the Warrior Rink Rat site, the Merrimack schedule will be released tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post

(Hey, I've got it too.)
                    No, I was referring to the corporate culture of the staff.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

The Merrimack schedule is out Merrimack is playing UAH Jan 15th &16th in Nashville.

http://www.merrimackathletics.com/sp...10-11/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                        The Merrimack schedule is out Merrimack is playing UAH Jan 15th &16th in Nashville.

The 14th and 15th, actually. According to your link.

The Predators are at home against the Blackhawks on the 15th, thus the 1 p.m. (CDT) faceoff.

ETA: And I might actually be able to make the games! Basketball plays at home on the 13th, but is gone the rest of the weekend! Squee!
                        Last edited by MikeAnderson; 07-07-2010, 10:31 AM.
                        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                        2006 Time Person of the Year
                        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Ding ding ding ding ding ding... we have a winner!!!

Okay Johnny, tell the man what he won... Well Doug, he won an all self-expense paid trip to beautiful downtown Nashville, Tennessee to attend a fun-filled weekend of NHL and NCAA DI HOCKEY!!!!! Next...
                          Doug
                          UAH 1974
                          Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                          Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                          Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                          Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                          Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Ding ding ding ding ding ding... we have a winner!!!

Okay Johnny, tell the man what he won... Well Doug, he won an all self-expense paid trip to beautiful downtown Nashville, Tennessee to attend a fun-filled weekend of NHL and NCAA DI HOCKEY!!!!! Next...
                            good for Mack fans...............i was looking forward to going to nashville, maybe another time i guess

Comment

Are both games in Gnashville? Is there any source that specifically indicates Gnashville as the site?

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                                Are both games in Gnashville? Is there any source that specifically indicates Gnashville as the site?
                                Yes, they are.

You can count me as a secondary source.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X