Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bemidji State offseason, WCHA, BREC here we come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bemidji State offseason, WCHA, BREC here we come!

Here is a blog post on Matt Dalton and his possible chances with the Bruins:

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/07...0-matt-dalton/
    Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 07-19-2010, 02:47 PM.
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoBemidjiFan View Post
      Moose, is there an rss feed for the hockey show other than the blog's atom feed? Would be nice if I could download the show with my rss podcasting tool on my phone. Due to my phone being ******** (don't buy a windows phone) I can't download a file that big to my phone unless I use my rss reader. Not a huge deal, mainly just curious.
      I don't know much about that sort of thing, but it looks to me as if blogger is limited to atom - I didn't see any rss options...

Anyway, now that I'm back, here's last Friday's show:

http://thehockeyshow.blogspot.com/20...dition-of.html
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Moose, you're right about blogger being limited to atom. In order to get an rss feed for the blog you would have to use feedburner (or another free service) to convert the atom feed to rss and it would have an address similar to this:
        http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheHockeyShow

You also would have to put a direct link to the mp3 file in your post (in addition to or instead of the link to the quicktime stream at ourmedia) so feedburner would format the feed as a podcast feed. Listening to the show right now. Interesting to hear Coach Serratore's take on the challenges of the WCHA schedule and the prospect of having a good contingent of Beaver fans traveling regularly in coming years to the relatively close conference road games (Minn, UMD, North Dakota, St. Cloud, Wisconsin, Minn. St., etc.). I'm very excited to see how the Beavers handle the challenge of the rigorous WCHA schedule. Also nice to hear how close the BREC is to completion.

Comment

Once again, excellent job by both you and Scott on the show. Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments.

As for feedburner - I'm all too familiar with it. I don't know how long you've been listening to The Hockey Show, but it used to be available on iTunes. That was set up using feedburner. Unfortunately, Google bought them, and screwed with the url's of all the feeds. That invalidated the feedburner account and the iTunes account we had set-up. I spent way too much time on trying to solve the issue, and the end result was that The Hockey Show is no longer available on iTunes.

All that said, The Hockey Show's web presence should be dramatically different come October (fingers crossed). That's one of the reason's I haven't spent much time upgrading the current site...
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

How long of a show is it usually? You could take the audio file, bring it into iMovie, Final Cut, or other video editing program. Add a picture and post to Vimeo. The free version allows 500 MB to be uploaded per week. The paid version allows 5 gigs a week to be uploaded.

Comment

According to an article in the Bemidji Pioneer, the BREC is currently $12.5 million under budget!

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/...99/group/News/

From the article:

"The board held its annual meeting at the Hampton Inn & Suites, after taking a tour of the Bemidji Regional Event Center, where they found out from Bemidji City Councilor Ron Johnson that construction is $12.5 million under budget."
                Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 07-21-2010, 08:55 AM.
                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Millsy, I'm rooting for Daltie to get a shot with my Bruins.

If the Hockey Show guys ever wanted a better solution for the site, I have ways...

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Yeah, it would be nice to see Dalton get a chance with the Bruins.

And per Moose over on the Construction Thread:

Facebook photo update:
                    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/a...d=418666450639
                    Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Former Beaver Tyler Lehrke has signed on with the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees of the CHL.

http://www.krgv.com/sports/story/Kil...qmAHO96hw.cspx

I have actually watch the Killer Bees play once while down there visiting my in-laws. A nice arena, and I got to see a six on six fight (yes, even the goalies got into it). There were several fights after that and by the end of the game, each team had around 8 players left.
                      Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                        Thanks for the compliments.

As for feedburner - I'm all too familiar with it. I don't know how long you've been listening to The Hockey Show, but it used to be available on iTunes. That was set up using feedburner. Unfortunately, Google bought them, and screwed with the url's of all the feeds. That invalidated the feedburner account and the iTunes account we had set-up. I spent way too much time on trying to solve the issue, and the end result was that The Hockey Show is no longer available on iTunes.

All that said, The Hockey Show's web presence should be dramatically different come October (fingers crossed). That's one of the reason's I haven't spent much time upgrading the current site...

Comment

a little off topic, but might be of some interest to those of you who follow more than just Bemidji State Hockey.

*****http://www.d2football.com/images/magazine2010.png******

D2Football Magazine

D2Football 2010 Pre Sale

For the most in depth look at D2 Football for across American, and even to a small part of Canada now that Simon Fraser is now a NCAA D2 school.

First 300 orders get free shipping of the second annual preseason magazine.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            a little off topic, but might be of some interest to those of you who follow more than just Bemidji State Hockey.

*****http://www.d2football.com/images/magazine2010.png******

D2Football Magazine

D2Football 2010 Pre Sale

For the most in depth look at D2 Football for across American, and even to a small part of Canada now that Simon Fraser is now a NCAA D2 school.

First 300 orders get free shipping of the second annual preseason magazine.
                            You got football in our hockey, d00D!
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              You got football in our hockey, d00D!
                              Shut up ya stinkin' Hoser!!!!!
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                Shut up ya stinkin' Hoser!!!!!
                                Alabamians are many things, but we're pretty far from being Hoser.

GFM <-- not a Canadian, but roots for them in Blue and White.
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X