Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    lol good luck with that. They are the best defensive team in the country for a reason. Not going to get into a ****ing match, you just sound bitter. Time will tell.
    Not bitter at all. Just calling it like I see it. Ive got no hate towards Miami. Maybe I'm wrong...but maybe I'm right.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

It doesnt really, just used the series as an example. Take out the second period Miami shut them down. Look, BC is good as is Miami. Teams play completely different styles, whoever can establish their game wins.
      The 2nd period counts just as much as the 1st and 3rd. Just look back to '08 for evidence.
      Boston College '12
      1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
        The 2nd period counts just as much as the 1st and 3rd. Just look back to '08 for evidence.
        Lol well in that case we could break that down to just a 3 min span lol
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          Not bitter at all. Just calling it like I see it. Ive got no hate towards Miami. Maybe I'm wrong...but maybe I'm right.
          Lol I know a good eye doc....

Just tough to take it serious when you say that about a team that gives up an average of 1.85 goals a game. Alaska held them in check and you don't think Miami can? Miami has a lot more offensive weapons that Alaska does. BC has given up goals in bunches lately. 6 against Maine and 7 against Yale, Miami won't give up that many so if they allow that big number they are in trouble.

It's fine, we will know soon enough. If Miami can play their style you will see a 3-2 type game. Miami does fine playing from behind as well. Came back from down 2 goals on more than one occasion this year to either tie or send a game into overtime. People underestimate how quick Miami is because they don't play a transition, track meet style. They play puck possesion and do it very very well. Not to mention they are probably the deepest team in the country using all 4 lines consistantly. I like the match up, I like the way BC plays and they earned where they are right now. But this isn't a miss match like most have seemed to think....
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

And they also gave up 0 goals to UVM and 1 to Alaska. And yet you post the high number of goals BC gave up right before saying you expecting a 3-2 game because of Miami's style.

The great thing about BC is that they can run and gun and bang around and play any type of game with 4 lines that are all quite different. We'll see what happens. Miami is a great team. BC is a great team. Should be a good one.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Lol well in that case we could break that down to just a 3 min span lol
              Don't worry about that 3 minute span again this year, Rico used a timeout in the last game! We're good now.

Comment

All of you amuse me with you're "analysis" and prognostications. Here's the thing...Miami is coming through you. Have a nice day. GO SKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                  Not much system work goes into don't leave the guy in front of the net uncovered.
                  True enough...haha!
                  Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    Don't worry about that 3 minute span again this year, Rico used a timeout in the last game! We're good now.
                    see? even coaches can learn something new!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

Miami has a lot more offensive weapons that Alaska does.
                      Yeah that 2-1 win over UAH was an offensive explosion.

You can talk all you want about how many goals BC has been giving up...but in Miami's last 5 games they haven't scored more than 3, and the only game they scored 3 was an overtime game.
                      I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post

You can talk all you want about how many goals BC has been giving up...but in Miami's last 5 games they haven't scored more than 3, and the only game they scored 3 was an overtime game.
                        Doesn't matter how many goals you score, as long as you make sure your opponent scores fewer. 1-0 is a win as surely at 10-0. Regardless, Miami was certainly not playing their best hockey against UAH on Saturday, and post-season Michigan is definitely not a team that gives up many goals. However, Michigan scored 5 or more goals in the 7 games leading up to Sunday's contest. On Sunday, they scored 2.
                        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post

Still, the point remains that Alaska only has 4 forwards with 20 points or more. Miami has 7. BC has a rather ridiculous 9.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                            Doesn't matter how many goals you score, as long as you make sure your opponent scores fewer. 1-0 is a win as surely at 10-0. Regardless, Miami was certainly not playing their best hockey against UAH on Saturday, and post-season Michigan is definitely not a team that gives up many goals. However, Michigan scored 5 or more goals in the 7 games leading up to Sunday's contest. On Sunday, they scored 2.
                            Miami has won 29 games this season more or less playing close, low scoring games. It seems to have worked out for them so far, we shall see

Oooh I just realized, Miami scored 10 goals twice this season. BC failed for reach double digits all season, does that mean Miami is the better offensive team?!? Thats about how ridiculous half these arguments sound to me.
                            Last edited by MUhawks628; 03-30-2010, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              Miami has won 29 games this season more or less playing close, low scoring games. It seems to have worked out for them so far, we shall see

Oooh I just realized, Miami scored 10 goals twice this season. BC failed for reach double digits all season, does that mean Miami is the better offensive team?!? Thats about how ridiculous half these arguments sound to me.
                              As someone posted, these are the top 4 teams in scoring margin. Miami gets it done by allowing just a few goals and scoring a bit more that their opponent, BC has recently given up a bunch of goals but scoring a bit more than their opponent.

This game will be close throughout, and a 4-3 win for someone.
                              Boston University 2009 Champs
                              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                                As someone posted, these are the top 4 teams in scoring margin. Miami gets it done by allowing just a few goals and scoring a bit more that their opponent, BC has recently given up a bunch of goals but scoring a bit more than their opponent.

This game will be close throughout, and a 4-3 win for someone.
                                I can't argue with you here. IMO, the 4 will be whoever scores first and is able to dictate play.

Here's to Miami's first goal!

Comment

Working...
                                X