Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Miami vs B.C. Frozen Four Semifinal: Gotta happen sometime, right?

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
    You do need to meet him. He's more like Cousin Eddie. However, I wonder if the Vacation reference will resonate...
    I may be young, but I am not without some culture

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
      BC is in Miami's head. No, not every player on each team remembers 2008...or 2007...but collectively, Miami might enter the game in Detroit 'over-thinking' the whole thing. That first ten minutes might well see Miami coming out tentative & nervous against BC, which is what BC will need to capitalize on if they want to win.

Three key questions:
      1.) Which Muse will we see?
      2.) Can Miami skate with BC?
      3.) What will the quality of the ice be at Ford Field?
      I expect Miami to come out guns-a-blazin', trying to set tempo and being physical and trying to set the tone of the game. If BC can weather this storm (???), I like the Eagles chances in the 2nd putting up some goals. It seems that most teams, outside of Yale (who arguably was faster and quicker than BC, something I'm not accustomed to seeing) get burned out a little by the 2nd and this usually creates some good scoring opportunities for the Eagles.

I'm looking for 1st period to have Miami score at least once
      2nd period Eagles score at least once, maybe more
      Third period to have the game tied w/about 10 mins to go.

Should be a great one!

Comment

Originally posted by BCMike22 View Post
        I expect Miami to come out guns-a-blazin', trying to set tempo and being physical and trying to set the tone of the game. If BC can weather this storm (???), I like the Eagles chances in the 2nd putting up some goals. It seems that most teams, outside of Yale (who arguably was faster and quicker than BC, something I'm not accustomed to seeing) get burned out a little by the 2nd and this usually creates some good scoring opportunities for the Eagles.

Should be a great one!
        Funny stuff, cuz I was gonna say the exact opposite, lol! I think BC is going to come out very aggressive. Miami should feel them out, and continue to grind in the second and third. Miami usually has a big burst at the end of the 3rd (which is great as long as they pick up the go-ahead goal).

goal differential by period:

Miami: +12 (31/19), +31 (65/34), +24 (48/24), +0 (2/2)
        BC: +26 (52/26), +21 (55/34), +8 (50/42), +1 (2/1)

Not sure if you can read a lot into these stats, but for what their worth...
        Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
          Funny stuff, cuz I was gonna say the exact opposite, lol! I think BC is going to come out very aggressive. Miami should feel them out, and continue to grind in the second and third. Miami usually has a big burst at the end of the 3rd (which is great as long as they pick up the go-ahead goal).

goal differential by period:

Miami: +12 (31/19), +31 (65/34), +24 (48/24), +0 (2/2)
          BC: +26 (52/26), +21 (55/34), +8 (50/42), +1 (2/1)

Not sure if you can read a lot into these stats, but for what their worth...

Good stats! I unfortunately have been limited to the televised games in terms of actually watching the team play here in Atlanta to the last month or so, but that's just the impression that I've gotten...they seem to get a lot of good chances in the 2nd...but as you said, the RedHawks look like they really have a great history of doing the same. That 65 tally is impressive!

Not surprising BC is not overly attractive in the 3rd. Seems like from the games I've watched if they feel like they have the game in the bag (and they seem to often think this when this is not the case), they let up and stop being aggressive, which I think is what kind of helps out our D.

Muse has been so up and down lately it does worry me a little bit. Most of the Yale goals were all pretty terrific, but seven goals is seven goals no matter how you slice it. I'm darn sure we won't put up nine on Miami so he'll have to step up his game if my Eagles are going to advance to Saturday.

Comment

any BC fans having trouble on the BC thread? every time i go to page 7 and scroll down to the matt lombardi interview link someone sent in the computer locks and wont go past it with out like stretching out the entire post. hard to explain but i tried another PC here and same thing. I go to other threads and no problems...........

Comment

Yup. Same thing here. Actually I'm glad to hear the it isn't just me. I can go anywhere else on this website except page 7 of the BC thread. Anybody else? and what do we do about it?
              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

The problem BC often has is playing two-thirds of a game, or one third of a game. In the Fenway Park game versus BU, they sleepwalked through 1 & 2 and 'woke up' in the 3rd. Against UNH in the second-to-last game of the season, they blazed through Periods 1 & 2 and dozed in Period 3 (turning a sure win into a tie). So there you have one example of each, and that M.O. played out several other times during the season.

The cliche is that you have to play 60 minutes. But with BC, they really need to take that seriously.

If you're BC next Thursday, you need to come out with guns blazing in the first ten minutes. I think Miami will come out very tentative ("Oh Gawd...another Boston team!") and BC's best chance is to go up 3-0 or 3-1 and make Miami come from behind.

If you're Miami, you obviously want to neutralize that first ten minutes and at least stalemate it. Then, anything can happen the rest of the way (and usually does).

Good stats! I unfortunately have been limited to the televised games in terms of actually watching the team play here in Atlanta to the last month or so, but that's just the impression that I've gotten...they seem to get a lot of good chances in the 2nd...but as you said, the RedHawks look like they really have a great history of doing the same. That 65 tally is impressive!

Not surprising BC is not overly attractive in the 3rd. Seems like from the games I've watched if they feel like they have the game in the bag (and they seem to often think this when this is not the case), they let up and stop being aggressive, which I think is what kind of helps out our D.

Muse has been so up and down lately it does worry me a little bit. Most of the Yale goals were all pretty terrific, but seven goals is seven goals no matter how you slice it. I'm darn sure we won't put up nine on Miami so he'll have to step up his game if my Eagles are going to advance to Saturday.
                Chris V
                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

The problem BC often has is playing two-thirds of a game, or one third of a game. In the Fenway Park game versus BU, they sleepwalked through 1 & 2 and 'woke up' in the 3rd. Against UNH in the second-to-last game of the season, they blazed through Periods 1 & 2 and dozed in Period 3 (turning a sure win into a tie). So there you have one example of each, and that M.O. played out several other times during the season.

The cliche is that you have to play 60 minutes. But with BC, they really need to take that seriously.

If you're BC next Thursday, you need to come out with guns blazing in the first ten minutes. I think Miami will come out very tentative ("Oh Gawd...another Boston team!") and BC's best chance is to go up 3-0 or 3-1 and make Miami come from behind.

If you're Miami, you obviously want to neutralize that first ten minutes and at least stalemate it. Then, anything can happen the rest of the way (and usually does).
                  In the Fenway game, when it stopped snowing is they "woke up" due to the terrible conditions with the snow littering the ice finally ending but if you look at this year and their progression as a team, that was precisely when they "woke up" IMO...........

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                    Yup. Same thing here. Actually I'm glad to hear the it isn't just me. I can go anywhere else on this website except page 7 of the BC thread. Anybody else? and what do we do about it?
                    just wanted to tell you that at home i did not encounter the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                      You do need to meet him. He's more like Cousin Eddie. However, I wonder if the Vacation reference will resonate...
                      NORTH NORTH NORTH, EAST, SOUTH, NORTH NORTH NORTH!
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Should be a great one!
                        I would expect the intensity to increase each period. Seems both teams have some depth, and I know Miami plays 4 lines consistantly so it is tough for them to wear down by the second period. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see the game tied with 10 min left at all.
                        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I really think the "Boston" angle is a non factor. These kids don't care who they play and most have only played BC once and that was the OT loss. The first 10 min will be interesting. I would expect Miami to not be tenative but not aggressive either. Feel their way through and establish their style. They will try and do what they do best and that is control the puck and pressure in their own end. BC players can expect a Miami guy in his face in BC's offensive zone. I don't really remember Jerry taking a lot of chances early in games, maybe this year is different but don't remember that from years past.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            In the Fenway game, when it stopped snowing is they "woke up" due to the terrible conditions with the snow littering the ice finally ending but if you look at this year and their progression as a team, that was precisely when they "woke up" IMO...........
                            So what your saying is we should bring snow???

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                              Do you know how to multiquote?
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                                So what your saying is we should bring snow???
                                exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X