Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen Four Semifinal (4/8): Boston College vs. Miami (OH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four Semifinal (4/8): Boston College vs. Miami (OH)

Two Number Seeds.
    Two great teams.

Should be fun. Can't wait.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Re: Frozen Four Semifinal (4/8): Boston College vs. Miami (OH)

someone started this thread way too quickly
    Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
    when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
    "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

I think Miami will come out nervous & tight against BC. After all, a Boston school has sent Miami home the past three years.

Tonight's game determined whether there will be 35,000 at Ford Field...or 35. No matter, it's great to see a FF comprising four different leagues.

The people in Detroit can't be too happy at tonight's outcome. I was actually pleased to see Miami win on a rather soft OT goal since they lost the same way last year. As for Michigan, I was at the FleetCenter in 1998 to see them win the Championship on a soft goal. So I guess tonight's outcome balanced things out somewhat.

BC-Miami is the late game, BTW.
      Chris V
      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
        I think Miami will come out nervous & tight against BC. After all, a Boston school has sent Miami home the past three years.

Tonight's game determined whether there will be 35,000 at Ford Field...or 35. No matter, it's great to see a FF comprising four different leagues.

The people in Detroit can't be too happy at tonight's outcome. I was actually pleased to see Miami win on a rather soft OT goal since they lost the same way last year. As for Michigan, I was at the FleetCenter in 1998 to see them win the Championship on a soft goal. So I guess tonight's outcome balanced things out somewhat.

BC-Miami is the late game, BTW.
        I believe it's been 4 years. We've had the pleasure of doing it 3 times. Unless of course, you're forgetting last year's national championship game happened (which I don't blame you for doing ).

I figured we'd be the late game no matter the outcome of Miami-Michigan because either a) we'd be facing Michigan who would pack the house for the late game or b) it would be the only matchup of two number 1 seeds. It's going to be a LONG next two weeks...can't we just play tomorrow??
        Boston College '12
        1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Michigan worried me the most...they were hot, and they had a lot of lady luck working for them (well, until tonight).

Comment

Go BC!!!

Comment

Just had to include (OH) in the title didn't you.

Should be a good one. I'm going to conveniently forget for the next two weeks that Yale knocked in 7 goals and lost .

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post

Should be a good one. I'm going to conveniently forget for the next two weeks that Yale knocked in 7 goals and lost .
                It's ok. We'll conveniently forget that Miami (OH) blew a 3-1 lead with a minute to go in the NCAA Championship game, too...

I think this game's winner will take the trophy on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post

Well you guys aren't in Miami!!! Change your name to Oxford University!

[/BU fanboy]

I agree with you that this should be a good game though. A top offense vs. a top defense is always a great matchup to watch.
                  Boston College '12
                  1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    It's ok. We'll conveniently forget that Miami (OH) blew a 3-1 lead with a minute to go in the NCAA Championship game, too...
                    Please repeat this fact as much as possible in this thread. kthxbai
                    GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                      Well you guys aren't in Miami!!! Change your name to Oxford University!
                      I ain't no bloody Brit

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
                      Please repeat this fact as much as possible in this thread. kthxbai
                      I'm over it...kinda...why couldn't Cody just look up?!?!?!...mommy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                        It's ok. We'll conveniently forget that Miami blew a 3-1 lead with a minute to go in the NCAA Championship game, too...
                        Unlike MUhawks628, I am definitely NOT over it, and I won't be over it until they bring home the hardware. However, I'm over being bothered by the reference, particularly after having to see that ****ed ridiculous OT game-winner on TV every time our games are broadcast and on the big screen at the Coliseum a bazillion times before the games and during the intermissions this past weekend.

Hopefully in 2 weeks, I can say I'm over it
                        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                          Unlike MUhawks628, I am definitely NOT over it, and I won't be over it until they bring home the hardware. However, I'm over being bothered by the reference, particularly after having to see that ****ed ridiculous OT game-winner on TV every time our games are broadcast and on the big screen at the Coliseum a bazillion times before the games and during the intermissions this past weekend.

I still vomit a little each time i see that...especially since I was there.
                          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

They did seem to play it during every TV timeout last night, just cut in with a different music video. But yeah I don't think anyone is going to be satisfied until we win it all, I just don't get the urge to curl into a ball and sob every time I see that clip anymore. Not to say it isn't still painful to watch.

Comment

Trust me, you'll never get over it. 20 years from now, you'll be at an NCAA game and they'll show it and you'll cringe, even though you've (maybe possibly) won an actual title or two. They keep showing 1991 every. single. year. 1995 helped. A lot. And last season helped even more. Mostly because I know they will keep showing it over the years at NCAA tournaments to come. Now it's your turn to see it every. single. year.

That said, congrats on making it back to the Frozen Four. And best of luck. I have to say, I love the Miami uniforms this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X