Butler Signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler Signs

If I am connecting my dots correctly I believe Bobby Butler has signed with the Ottawa Senators.
    Happily married to the PinkHatHater . . . GO CATS

Re: Butler Signs

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...ns-butler.html
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...ns-butler.html

Gib found evidence to back what I thought was true.
      Happily married to the PinkHatHater . . . GO CATS

Comment

It's done. He signed this afternoon.
        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Congratulations, Bobby. You were always fun to watch, especially this year. Best of luck in the Hobey contest. Hope you're bumping up against JVR along the boards real soon.
          Last edited by goblue; 03-28-2010, 09:52 PM.
          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
            Best of luck, Bobby. You were always fun to watch, and especially this year. Hope you're a Hobey winner.
            agreed, too bad UNH wasn't able to keep him for another two weeks

Comment

Did he have to sign with Ottawa, though? Bruins could use him.
              AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

Originally posted by Mowers10 View Post
                Did he have to sign with Ottawa, though? Bruins could use him.
                Nope he was a FA. But the Bruins backed off recently and there were 6 other teams recruiting him.

I'm sure Butler got a pretty penny, a la Bozak last year and the Bruins certainly couldn't afford that with their cap situation.
                BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

http://www.telegram.com/article/2010...19/1009/SPORTS
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Congratulations to him.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Always love to see a Hockey East player go pro, especially when it doesn't mean him leaving his school early to do so.

Butler contributed as much as possible to UNH for 4 years, the way it should ideally always be. It's just nice to see. I know he wasn't drafted earlier, but I'm tired of teams being hit with early departures. This is just a nice story.
                      BC '97
                      Home/Road (yes, even outside Boston ) supporter

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                        Nope he was a FA. But the Bruins backed off recently and there were 6 other teams recruiting him.

I'm sure Butler got a pretty penny, a la Bozak last year and the Bruins certainly couldn't afford that with their cap situation.
                        It isn't the B’s cap that caused them to back off, the numbers literally don't add up. There trade deadline moves opened up space they still haven't filled. Actually they could use a player who would be stuck with at best a rookie max salary.

I posted elsewhere but I think this is a bone head move by the B's. It is what works out to short money they have space for, and if he doesn't work out you ship him to the AHL where it isn't on the big club cap.

Low risk high potential reward. This has nothing to do with what Butler does at the NHL level - just bad strategy.

He is probably better off in Ottawa anywhere. No proof, I just have the feeling the B's aren't overly fond of the college guys.
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                        X