SCSU Huskies 2010 Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU Huskies 2010 Off-Season Thread

First i'd like to thank Lasch and Raboin for the past 4 years, they have been two of my favorite players to watch since i've become a Husky fan.

It was definitely a good season and we have a great team coming back... as of now.

Who stays, who goes? Dunn? Marvin? Roe? I hope everyone comes back, with improvements from the younger guys and incoming recruits, we should have a real solid team.

We are no longer one-and-done U!!

Re: SCSU Huskies 2010 Off-Season Thread

None of those three are leaving.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Congrats on the season St. Cloud and getting that Tournament win monkey off your back.

Believe it or not but I was actually hoping the Huskies would prevail over Wisconsin.

See you guys when the Huskies and [insert whatever UND's team may be called here] meet next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        Are you 100% sure? How do you know?
        SCSU!

Comment

Only reason I even mentioned Roe or Marvin is because some others have just tossed it out there, not that I think they would or should leave. Dunn on the other hand, I don't know why he would want to stick around. He had to split starts with a freshman and didn't get the nod in the playoffs. Lee is only going to improve with more experience and will get even more starts next year. You never know.

Comment

Next year's possible roster

Offense

Garrett Roe, Sr.
            Aaron Marvin, Sr.
            Toney Mosey, Sr.
            Nick Oslund, Sr.
            Brian Volpei, Sr.
            Mitch Ryan, Sr.
            Drew Leblanc, Jr.
            Jared Festler Jr.
            Travis Novak, Jr.
            Jordy Christian, Jr.
            David Eddy, So.
            Ben Hanowski, So.
            Cam Reid, Fr.
            Cory Thorson, Fr.
            Bryce Ravndalen, Fr.
            Nick Oliver, Fr.
            Nic Dowd, Fr.

Defense

Chris Hepp, Sr.
            Brett Barta, Sr.
            Oliver Lauridsen, Jr.
            Sam Zabkowicz, Jr.
            Nic Rioux, Jr.
            Taylor Johnson, So.
            Kevin Gravel, Fr.
            Nick Jensen, Fr.
            Brandon Burrell, Fr.

Goalies

Dan Dunn, Sr.
            Mike Lee, So.
            Nate Hardy, Jr.

I have a hard time seeing Rioux or Ryan being on the team next year, but I guess we won't know til later.
            Last edited by HuskySieve; 03-28-2010, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskySieve View Post
              Only reason I even mentioned Roe or Marvin is because some others have just tossed it out there, not that I think they would or should leave. Dunn on the other hand, I don't know why he would want to stick around. He had to split starts with a freshman and didn't get the nod in the playoffs. Lee is only going to improve with more experience and will get even more starts next year. You never know.
              Roe is such a late round pick and so small that it's a real stretch that he goes even with the numbers he's put up.
              I'd also guess he's going to want another crack at a title.
              Marvin may leave but I think he would only if he feels he's going to be targeted either by the refs or by other teams and he'd feel he wouldn't be effective playing his game.
              Judging by his play after the suspension, I don't think he goes anywhere.
              Yes Dunn had to split time, but that's also the most he's ever played since he's been here.
              He's not ready to go pro and he's not going to transfer as a senior (unless he can't do the academics right Jase?) so I doubt he goes as well.
              I do hear Ryan may try med school so he may not be around next season.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by HuskySieve View Post
                First i'd like to thank Lasch and Raboin for the past 4 years, they have been two of my favorite players to watch since i've become a Husky fan.

It was definitely a good season and we have a great team coming back... as of now.

Who stays, who goes? Dunn? Marvin? Roe? I hope everyone comes back, with improvements from the younger guys and incoming recruits, we should have a real solid team.

We are no longer one-and-done U!!
                yeah, losing Lasch and Raboin is going to hurt some. hopefully incoming recruits can offset that some. as for Marvin and Roe i think they will stay. if anything, Roe might leave early. however, he seems content (if you can say that!?)

as for your guys' win, congrats again. the monkey is off your back!! now all you guys have to do is get a national championship!!
                pssst...take a look at your team...i think it has Minnesotans on it.

Comment

Raboin will be the toughest to replace next year. Hopefully Lauridsen, Johnson and Zabkowicz all continue on the improvement they showed later in the season. they played well at some points down the stretch, but showed their age and experience at certain times as well.

Where were our incoming Freshman D playing last year? USHL? which teams?
                  This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                  www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

although it doesn't narrow it down by NCAA schools, you can view by USHL team and by what player is going to what school. so, this should help for some SCSU fans wanting to know about incoming recruits.

http://www.ushl.com/ncaa/
                    pssst...take a look at your team...i think it has Minnesotans on it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                      Where were our incoming Freshman D playing last year? USHL? which teams?
                      Copied from Dahuskies

Jensen: 25 points (6G, 19A) 35PIM +34 in 50 games for Green Bay (USHL) (tied for 2nd in league in +/-)
                      Gravel: 6 points (3G 3A) 30PIM -9 in 48 games for Sioux City (USHL)
                      Burrell: 24 points (4G 20A) 35PIM +11 in 47 games for Wenatchee (NAHL)

Comment

Yeah, losing Lasch and Raboin will sting, no doubt about it but we'll have a lot upper class leadership coming next year (hopefully) and if some of the younger D man continue to improve then we should be ok.
                        "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Posting from Cancun, Mexico

Great job to the Husckeys and Bob Motzko and his crew for their first NCAA win!
                          Watched the MSU-M series at the NHC and both games in the WCHA FF, but didnĀ“t check schedules well enough to coordinate Spring Break with Regional play.

Good to get the monkey off the back, but this program is bringing in the best talent regardless of their NCAA record. Most knew if was only a matter of time.

2010-2011 team should be outstanding and an early season favorite to win the McNaughton. Go Husckeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Well, the offseason is the time for recruit watching. Here's a handy schedule of events that will give us something Husky related to follow all offseason long...

Weekend of:
                            03/27 - NTDP Evaluation Camp ('94 BY)
                            04/02 - NAHL Playoffs Start, USHL Regular Season Final Weekend
                            04/09 - USHL Playoffs Start, NHL Central Scouting Final Draft Rankings
                            04/16 - America's High School Showcase, MN Advanced 16's ('94 BY) & 17's ('93 BY)
                            04/23 - MN Final 54 for Advanced 16's & 17's
                            04/30 - MN Advanced 15's ('95 BY)
                            05/28 - NHL Draft Combine
                            06/11 - Advanced 15's Minnesota Hockey Summer Camp (102 players)
                            06/25 - USA Hockey Select 16's, NHL Draft
                            07/09 - USA Hockey Select 17's
                            07/16 - USA Hockey Select 15's

I'll add more events when I have more time to give it some thought. Feel free to offer suggestions in the meantime.
                            Last edited by The Exiled One; 03-29-2010, 08:55 AM.
                            scsuhockey.com
                            CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Yeah, but by law of averages, I'll say that one of the three leaves. I'm not saying on specifically, I'm saying I'd bet one of the three does, and I'm not sure which.

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                              Raboin will be the toughest to replace next year. Hopefully Lauridsen, Johnson and Zabkowicz all continue on the improvement they showed later in the season.
                              Were you watching this team for the last two months? If so, I don't know how you put Lauridsen, Johnson and Zabkowicz in the same thought. If play continues as it did for the last couple months, Lauridsen is hands down the best blueliner we have returning, and I'm not just talking about his offensive output coming to fruition. Both of the last two weekends, I felt safe when Raboin was in on an opposing rush, and I felt safe when Lauridsen was, bc they both just shut down plays and players.

The Gaudet-Zabkowicz pairing scared the HELL out of me the last two days. And Johnson started off really well, but he played horribly the last month and a half or so, just a complete liability. Honestly, I've never been on his bandwagon, but Hepp got noticeably better at the end of the season. I'm hoping that Johnson and Zabkowicz can calm down and get back to where they were, 'cause they've both regressed in my opinion.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                              X