Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Huskies 2010 Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    To be fair, at SCSU alcohol went with such activities as crossing the street or going to the library.
    Very true. To be fair that is the case with most college students any where in this country.

Hockey is great sober or with a good buzz. To much though and it is not so fun.
    Last edited by scsutommyboy; 07-22-2010, 12:24 PM.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      No, SCSU felt Move-In Day gave them a black eye, so they totally changed it. First, they split it up over multiple days. They did it over the weekend, with Saturday and Sunday and then I think over three days. And now school doesn't even start during Labor Day week.

Best signs I ever saw on Move-In Day (before they banned signs... yeah, Public Safety was harassing people for having signs):

"She's been calling you 'Daddy' for 18 years... now it's my turn"

and

"Forget your daughter... I want your wife"
      Move in day was awesome! I knew a guy who walked around and handed out flyers to freshman chic's inviting them to a party at his place. He would do it right in front of their parents when they were moving the girls into the dorm. One of the funniest things I have ever seen watching the expression on some girls dad's face.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Back in the Hippie days, when I attended SC, when the cops came to parties, all they did was direct traffic. No one got arrested, even for openly smoking dope. One well known party house advertised in the Chronicle, the "house with the pop machine", which was filled with beer bottles. Ah, those were the days, peace, love, sex, drugs, and rock n roll.
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          Don't forget Sloe Gin and his modern theories.
          I think he hasn't been removed because he doesn't dress like he's asking for it!!!
          Seriously, still think that guy is a doosh!

Alcohol is a catch 22. It makes somethings WAY better
          e.g. Food, music, less than attractive women, STB posts on the boards ect
          It makes somethings ok in moderation
          e.g. Sports, conversation
          and makes somethings WAY WORSE, especially when too much is involved
          e.g. Everything

I never have found the need to drink BEFORE huskies games, now after.... that's a different story!
          A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

as for games over Homecoming, meh, we don't need more wasted students chanting f-the____(insert team name here)
            A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
              as for games over Homecoming, meh, we don't need more wasted students chanting f-the____(insert team name here)
              But I think most of those students you speak of will be out somewhere getting smashed, maybe not even able to make it to the game. I'm more thinking that its nice to tie it in for people who don't live in St. Cloud anymore and would like to see both Homecoming and a hockey game or two.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                But I think most of those students you speak of will be out somewhere getting smashed, maybe not even able to make it to the game. I'm more thinking that its nice to tie it in for people who don't live in St. Cloud anymore and would like to see both Homecoming and a hockey game or two.
                Yes it would be nice, but both leagues SCSU competes in don't care about it and not enough of those people who would like to see it are going to care about it enough to want to create enough noise to change it.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Yes it would be nice, but both leagues SCSU competes in don't care about it and not enough of those people who would like to see it are going to care about it enough to want to create enough noise to change it.
                  I think we should have a Homecoming hockey game. What are your thoughts FTLT?

Comment

If you haven't figured that out, you haven't been paying attention.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                      I think we should have a Homecoming hockey game. What are your thoughts FTLT?
                      And I think we should get trashed beforehand.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        I got suspended once for saying UMD fans are fat.
                        Ummmmm.... Hell, I've met some of them, and yeah, they would qualify as being portly.

You guys do know that coordinating it means two leagues who don't give a rip about each other would have to come to a consensus.
                        It doesn't matter what you're asking them to do, they have to have a reason to do it.
                        A few complaining fans isn't enough.
                        Theree is no guarantee a homecoming game would be sold out, especially against say MTU or UAA.
                        The NSIC doesn't have hockey so why would they care about it?
                        The WCHA doesn't have or work in homecoming into their games so why would they care about it?
                        Wisconsin isn't home for homecoming, Minnesota isn't playing that night and they had to put in an exhibition just to be home that weekend.
                        North Dakota isn't home that weekend, etc...
                        I've never seen anyone complain so much about a "homecoming hockey game" as a few people on here do.
                        Homecoming at SCSU isn't even about the games anyway, it's about getting hammered starting at 7am so what's the point?
                        You have SCSU, MSU-Mankato, UMD, and Bemidji St. both in the WCHA and the NSIC, plus MTU and UNO as well who would likely find it beneficial to have a home hockey series the same weekend they have Homecoming for football and the other fall sports as well. Its a great excuse for All alumni to be back on campus, and ideally for the coffers of those said schools, a chance to pry open the wallets of those alumni as well. It would be pretty easy for the 4 Minnesota schools to get together to ask that they could at least get home series for those weekends. Its not like they would be asking for Minnesota, Wisconsin, or North Dakota to be their Homecoming partner. Hell, you look for a cream-puff to bring in for Homecoming. I'm pretty sure the GLIAC has been able to accommodate MTU, NMU, and FSU pretty well when it comes to trying to sync up schedules for homecoming. Last year MTU hosted NMU and LSSU on their homecoming weekend.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

We have a football team? Whoa.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            Per NCAA rules, you do have to have to fund more sports than just Men's Ice Hockey.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Tommy wishes we didn't.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Yet another stupid NCAA rule.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X