X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Huskies 2010 Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
    Is there hope Skeeter?
    It's quite possible in this case, that a strong dose of LSD may be required.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Sorry I never felt the need to go to a game drunk, I'd rather be able to pay attention and follow along.
      A good number of students at the hockey games would disagree with you. What was the slogan on some shirts I saw at homecoming a few years back...oh yeah, "Getting S***ty in Cloud City"

Comment

So the students would disagree, what's your point? In this case the students wouldn't have a lot of leverage. Money talks and bull**** walks and well the students can't provide any more money as their tickets are paid for but they can sure provide a lot of bull****. As with anything, the season ticket holders would provide the leverage and I doubt enough of them care about homecoming to make any noise.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I was never drunk at a game at the Hockey Center. Never saw the point. If you really need booze to enhance your experience, you're not that big of a hockey fan.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Yeah, and if you can't just enjoy having sex with one chick, what good would be bringing in a second one?
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              So the students would disagree, what's your point? In this case the students wouldn't have a lot of leverage. Money talks and bull**** walks and well the students can't provide any more money as their tickets are paid for but they can sure provide a lot of bull****. As with anything, the season ticket holders would provide the leverage and I doubt enough of them care about homecoming to make any noise.
              Good point made. I'm not really trying to argue with you, I like to watch hockey sober as well, but I'm just pointing out that among many students here, or at least the ones ive seen, hockey=drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
                Good point made. I'm not really trying to argue with you, I like to watch hockey sober as well, but I'm just pointing out that among many students here, or at least the ones ive seen, hockey=drinking.
                To be fair, at SCSU alcohol went with such activities as crossing the street or going to the library.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Yeah, and if you can't just enjoy having sex with one chick, what good would be bringing in a second one?
                  It's been too long...what's that like again?
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    It's been too long...what's that like again?
                    Its like a thin slice of heaven.... topped with six strips of bacon.

Comment

To be fair, at SCSU alcohol went with such activities as crossing the street or going to the library.
                      True. You forgot to mention Move-In day. That's a big one.

Comment

No, SCSU felt Move-In Day gave them a black eye, so they totally changed it. First, they split it up over multiple days. They did it over the weekend, with Saturday and Sunday and then I think over three days. And now school doesn't even start during Labor Day week.

Best signs I ever saw on Move-In Day (before they banned signs... yeah, Public Safety was harassing people for having signs):

"She's been calling you 'Daddy' for 18 years... now it's my turn"

and

"Forget your daughter... I want your wife"

Comment

You have a lot to learn, rookie.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

No, SCSU felt Move-In Day gave them a black eye, so they totally changed it. First, they split it up over multiple days. They did it over the weekend, with Saturday and Sunday and then I think over three days. And now school doesn't even start during Labor Day week.

Best signs I ever saw on Move-In Day (before they banned signs... yeah, Public Safety was harassing people for having signs):

"She's been calling you 'Daddy' for 18 years... now it's my turn"

and

"Forget your daughter... I want your wife"
                            Girl passed out from alcohol poisoning and a kid ate a 'shroom and was acting funny in the lobby of Sherburne. This was all in my first three hours there. If moving it to multiple days was supposed to help, it didn't do the job. And school starts in August. Awesome signs, btw.

Comment

As for hockey talk, incoming Husky Kevin Gravel was named one of the top 10 sleeper picks in the draft by sportsnet.ca. Yeah, the drafts been over for a few weeks, but it says something about his potential. Looks like he could be a pretty good defenseman at SCSU.

Comment

Yeah, and alcohol and hockey don't mix.
                                Dude, I hardly ever agree with you know who, but she is right on this one. Very few people care about a homecoming hockey game. In fact I doubt many alumni who come up for homecoming would even go to a saturday night hockey game instead of being out with their friends downtown having a good time.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X