Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFFF Semi (4/8): Wisconsin vs. RIT

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
    Highest Point in NY: Mt. Marcy (El. 5344 ft.)
    ..and they need Sherpas in Wisconsin.
    You guys only wish there was a Marcy anywhere near your campus to mount.
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-06-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
      Maybe a lot like Wisconsin?)
      Maybe it's alot like Wusconsin
      Lets go Brampton Battalions

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
        This young man clearly does not understand how you climb mountains
        Thanks for calling me young ...
        (/Old, but not too old to mount ... err climb Marcy!)
        -M

Comment

C'mon Thursday already...I think Wisconsin will silence a lot of the RIT fans quite well by the end of the night. Let's just hope they hang around for at least a day or two after. Hey, at least you'll have a new ice arena to talk about during the off season...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
            C'mon Thursday already...I think Wisconsin will silence a lot of the RIT fans quite well by the end of the night.
            Doubtful...we'll be cheering no matter what the score is.
            RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
              This young man clearly does not understand how you climb mountains
              True... But go easy. You know- 'cause they haven't been up the mountain before. Hills, yes. Boulder-ers apparently, but not up the mountain...

They haven't turned up the volume. Hell, they're probably still climbing the mountain with earplugs in!
              I don't want earplugs in our boys' ears. I want them to relish it. Because unless you relish it, having earplugs is a false way to play. You've got to be able to play at a higher level, and I don't think earplugs are going to do any good. I want earplugs out. I want our guys turning the volume up!

Because that's how you climb a ****ing mountain!
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                True... But go easy. You know- 'cause they haven't been up the mountain before. Hills, yes. Boulder-ers apparently, but not up the mountain...

They haven't turned up the volume. Hell, they're probably still climbing the mountain with earplugs in!
                I don't want earplugs in our boys' ears. I want them to relish it. Because unless you relish it, having earplugs is a false way to play. You've got to be able to play at a higher level, and I don't think earplugs are going to do any good. I want earplugs out. I want our guys turning the volume up!

Because that's how you climb a ****ing mountain!
                When do they get their B-12 shot?

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                  And if to prove the point, once and for all, atick praises Spotted Cow, a cloying abomination not suited for cleaning out the commode.
                  I swear... if he's trashing on tCow just so he can praise some grainy Irish degreasing fluid, I'm going to lose it.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                    I personally like swill, and laugh at those uppity jerks who look down upon my friends and I.

(though I'll still take a Spotted Cow over swill any day. )
                    Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                    Yes. It's sad, but true, NYTrojan. It appears most of the guys here wouldn't know a good beer if it bit em in the butt.

And if to prove the point, once and for all, atick praises Spotted Cow, a cloying abomination not suited for cleaning out the commode.

Sorry atick, but it had to be said.
                    See bold.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      I swear... if he's trashing on tCow just so he can praise some grainy Irish degreasing fluid, I'm going to lose it.
                      Yeast is for brewing, not for drinking.

Comment

I personally like swill, and laugh at those uppity jerks who look down upon my friends and I.

(though I'll still take a Spotted Cow over swill any day. )
                        I contend that people like American Macrobrews for the same reason little kids like McDonalds... a combination of marketing and simply not knowing any better. If somebody tells you that their favorite burger comes from the golden arches and you decide to take them to Dotty's you aren't an uppity jerk, you're helping to open their world

You don't have to like the same beers as anybody else, but to profess great love for something that has next to no flavor at all? What's the point other than to get drunk slowly?

Funny thing: For April Fools day my favorite microbrew pub had a competition: A blind taste test for American Macrobrews. This is the kind of place that imports beer from Maine, Oregon, Germany, France, all over the place.... and they were serving flights of Highlife, Bud, Coors, etc... If you could correctly identify all 6 beers... if you could tell them apart.. you'd win $100 bucks. Nobody got more than 3.

Comment

I also posted this in the RIT thread but figured some Wisco fans might have an idea as well...

I was looking into some "tale of the tape" stats and came across the stat line of per player expenses. I was just wondering exactly what costs are factored in to determine this stat.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by NYTrojan View Post
                            I contend that people like American Macrobrews for the same reason little kids like McDonalds... a combination of marketing and simply not knowing any better. If somebody tells you that their favorite burger comes from the golden arches and you decide to take them to Dotty's you aren't an uppity jerk, you're helping to open their world

You don't have to like the same beers as anybody else, but to profess great love for something that has next to no flavor at all? What's the point other than to get drunk slowly?

Funny thing: For April Fools day my favorite microbrew pub had a competition: A blind taste test for American Macrobrews. This is the kind of place that imports beer from Maine, Oregon, Germany, France, all over the place.... and they were serving flights of Highlife, Bud, Coors, etc... If you could correctly identify all 6 beers... if you could tell them apart.. you'd win $100 bucks. Nobody got more than 3.
                            Meh...never did "profess great love" for it, I just don't mind it. I like trying different beers, but I'm still a young guy who simply likes going out and having a good time with his friends, and prefer spending a couple bucks per beer at the bar than four or five.

Actually I think you guys should be thanking "my kind" - I'm guessing it's the sales of Miller, Bud, Coors, etc. that keep the bars and liquor stores in business.

Plus, Madisonians always preach to us about buying local - that's what I'm doing by drinking Miller and Spotted Cow.

Comment

It's only Wednesday.

Get ****ed!!

Edit : Wow they don't allow that word.

Comment

Meh...never did "profess great love" for it, I just don't mind it. I like trying different beers, but I'm still a young guy who simply likes going out and having a good time with his friends, and prefer spending a couple bucks per beer at the bar than four or five.

Actually I think you guys should be thanking "my kind" - I'm guessing it's the sales of Miller, Bud, Coors, etc. that keep the bars and liquor stores in business.

Plus, Madisonians always preach to us about buying local - that's what I'm doing by drinking Miller and Spotted Cow.

Ah, young jedi...

It will dawn on you one day that while you can buy more Miller Lite's for $25, for that same amount you will get less "good" beers in number but more well off (more booze).

Throw down a couple good IPA's and Ales that are nearing the 8-9% level and you'll be converted for life I imagine.

This is not to say I don't like Miller Lite or judge those who drink it. A time and a place for all beers, I say. I like to wind up my night with a couple "waters" once I'm well off to help hydrate me for the next day

Comment

Working...
                                X