Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFFF Semi (4/8): Wisconsin vs. RIT

Originally posted by NYTrojan View Post
    Well then you sure as shooting didn't send any of those out here during your last Rose bowl run. What happened? Scared that they'd see the sunshine and not come back... or was it just a 'Let's see if we can't drive the cattle west' tactic?

Either way, well played.
    The hot ones were back here having sex.

Comment

Also, living in San Diego, I find it positively hilarious that Wisconsin would dare to comment on any school's women. They're in the land of brats and fried cheese curds people.
      Congrats on living in San Diego...no one care. I love how people from New York and California love to tell everyone where they're from. It never fails if you are talking with them about something completely different they will find a way to sneak it into the conversation

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
        Are you saying UW isn't a state school?? Maybe our terminology for that is different back east too?
        Of course it is - it's a public university. But no one refers to it as "state." That kind of moniker is explicitly reserved for schools that, you know, actually use the word "state" in their name - Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, etc.

*****http://blog.mlive.com/state_sports/2007/10/large_spartans18.jpg******

You won't see any Wisconsin team referring to themselves as such.
        "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by Nooner View Post
          That U-Wisco is the equivalent to a state school.
          1.1 billion. That is how much research funding our school received in the past year. I guess the NIH, DOD, ect thinks this PUBLIC universitiy is worth the investment.

Also, per university policy, we do not accept classified grants. If we did, we would most likely have much more funding, but we want to be able to actually share our knowledge .
          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            Congrats on living in San Diego...no one care. I love how people from New York and California love to tell everyone where they're from. It never fails if you are talking with them about something completely different they will find a way to sneak it into the conversation
            I didn't start the talk about the quality of the local young ladies... don't pin that one on me. Just joining in on the good natured ribbing going back and forth. Your other bucky brethren got it. Guess I touched a nerve.

"Going there is like winning the 98th prize in a beauty contest with only 97 prizes." John McKay on going to Wisconsin.

Comment

See also: Ohio State grads

Whenever someone acts like they should be proud of the fact that they live in California, Tool's Aenima gets stuck in my head.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I didn't start the talk about the quality of the local young ladies... don't pin that one on me. Just joining in on the good natured ribbing going back and forth. Your other bucky brethren got it. Guess I touched a nerve.

"Going there is like winning the 98th prize in a beauty contest with only 97 prizes." John McKay on going to Wisconsin.
                What does San Diego have to do with the ladies at RIT or UW?

Comment

[QUOTE=RITProf;4738626]Are you saying UW isn't a state school?? Maybe our terminology for that is different back east too?
                  [QUOTE]

The terminology in NY is different. NY has the whole SUNY thing, and that's really it.

Most states have 2 levels for their schools. University of [State Name] and [State Name] State. Typically the U of schools are more prestigious, get more funding, and are more difficult to get into.

Examples: University of Arizona and Arizona State University. University of California (there are a few of these, the most popular is Berkeley, but UCLA is another) vs Cal State xxx (like Cal State San Louis Obispo, Cal State Northridge, etc). University of Oregon vs Oregon State... and on and on.

Comment

The terminology in NY is different. NY has the whole SUNY thing, and that's really it.

Most states have 2 levels for their schools. University of [State Name] and [State Name] State. Typically the U of schools are more prestigious, get more funding, and are more difficult to get into.

Examples: University of Arizona and Arizona State University. University of California (there are a few of these, the most popular is Berkeley, but UCLA is another) vs Cal State xxx (like Cal State San Louis Obispo, Cal State Northridge, etc). University of Oregon vs Oregon State... and on and on.
                    Our state school would be University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. They have, in the past, thought about changing the name to Wisconsin State but I guess (to the best of my knowledge) it never materialized.
                    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

UW-Whitewater was rumored to be wanting to switch to Wisconsin State University a few years ago.

Comment

What does San Diego have to do with the ladies at RIT or UW?
                        Let me replace SD with the words 'A place where the women are well known for being very good looking'

I said

"Coming from -A place where the women are well known for being very good looking'- I can't believe Wisconsin would comment on anybody's women"

Does that make more sense?

The thing was a 'Those who live in glass houses' bit. That's all. Silly good natured ribbing. You people are wound way too tight. I can't believe I have to explain this. If you have 4s you really don't have a lot of room to insult a place for having 3s. Next thing you'll know we'll see a page and a half of people getting upset for being called cockey

Example a Wisconsin native might understand: Can someone who drinks Budweiser really make fun of someone who drinks Coors for drinking crappy beer?

Comment

Topic: insularity of some California residents.

Awhile back I hosted a visiting scientist from California working on one of our projects. His daughter, he confided, had asked him to bring her back a UC-Madison sweatshirt.

Comment

GO R I T TIGERS!
                            R I T HOCKEY
                            Frozen Four
                            Elite Eight
                            NCAA Tournament
                            2010-2015-2016
                            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Let me replace SD with the words 'A place where the women are well known for being very good looking'

I said

"Coming from -A place where the women are well known for being very good looking'- I can't believe Wisconsin would comment on anybody's women"

Does that make more sense?

The thing was a 'Those who live in glass houses' bit. That's all. Silly good natured ribbing. You people are wound way too tight. I can't believe I have to explain this. If you have 4s you really don't have a lot of room to insult a place for having 3s. Next thing you'll know we'll see a page and a half of people getting upset for being called cockey

Example a Wisconsin native might understand: Can someone who drinks Budweiser really make fun of someone who drinks Coors for drinking crappy beer?
                              I really could care less what you think of Wisconsin women. That wasn't the point the point was you sneaked into the convo that you were from California, which I found funny.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                                Topic: insularity of some California residents.

Awhile back I hosted a visiting scientist from California working on one of our projects. His daughter, he confided, had asked him to bring her back a UC-Madison sweatshirt.
                                Good one. Hope he got her a Wisky sweatshirt... sounds like that's as close as she'll get to a U of anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X