X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota - Offseason Thread 2010

UND men's hockey: On the way out?
    Toews set to go to major juniors
    Sophomore forward David Toews will leave UND for Canadian major juniors, sources say. No move has been announced as of yet, but it is expected to come within a couple of weeks.
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/160853/

Probably the best move for Toews, development-wise. He'll get more playing time. It'll suck to see him go but I wish him the best whether he stays or leaves.
    Last edited by SiouxFanatic; 05-09-2010, 04:55 AM.

Comment

That's surprising to me. I would have expected Toews to fill a bigger offensive role next season as a junior, and then an even bigger role the following year as a senior with the forward class that graduates.
      He never really got completely going in a Sioux uniform though, despite showing signs of great play at times.
      I hope he does well in whatever league he plays in next season, but I'd still like to see him in a Sioux uni.

Now we just wait for confirmation on this and Fienhage...
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        That's surprising to me. I would have expected Toews to fill a bigger offensive role next season as a junior, and then an even bigger role the following year as a senior with the forward class that graduates.
        He never really got completely going in a Sioux uniform though, despite showing signs of great play at times.
        I hope he does well in whatever league he plays in next season, but I'd still like to see him in a Sioux uni.

Now we just wait for confirmation on this and Fienhage...
        wow me to,
        he was my pick for a breakout year!!!
        i hope he stays but if not good luck to him in what ever road he takes!!!
        Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
          Can you get me a pic of the bunker underneath the Ralph?
          *****http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7648/15435197572e1881236e.jpg******

*****http://farm1.static.flickr.com/76/182543086_6626f88083.jpg******

When do we meet? I'll put it in my BlackNaziberry.
          Last edited by Dirty; 05-09-2010, 10:15 AM.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            *****http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7648/15435197572e1881236e.jpg******

*****http://farm1.static.flickr.com/76/182543086_6626f88083.jpg******

When do we meet? I'll put it in my BlackNaziberry.
            To be fair, that 2nd one is under the Denver Airport. But yeah everything else is right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVEfWMZMC0
            Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
              His point is valid though. If Marto and Lapoint make a good defensive pairing, why split them up?.
              I don't see any reason to split them up either.
              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
              Eric's Twitter
              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                I don't see any reason to split them up either.
                http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/2009/08/23/marto/

Neither does Dave but obviously he hasn't consulted JDr1 yet this off season so he doesn't know that Marto is going to be playing left wing with Tate Maris centering the line.
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

So now does Davidson just take Toews forward spot, or does Hakstol bring in one of the forward recruits to take his spot?
                  Rodwell is already coming in, but now we are replacing VV, Zajac, and Toews.
                  Either Nelson, St. Clair, or Mattson would appear to be the ones most likely to come in. Maybe even Ryan Walters who decommited from UMN.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

From the UND blog:

UND's recruits ranked second

Red Line Report has ranked college recruiting classes and UND has checked in at No. 2 behind only Minnesota.

The rankings were reported in the Wisconsin State Journal.

1. Minnesota
                    2. UND
                    3. Boston University
                    4. Denver
                    5. Notre Dame
                    6. Boston College
                    7. Colorado College
                    8. Wisconsin
                    9. Minnesota-Duluth

It's a little surprising that UND's class was ranked this high being that we only know of three guys who are coming at this point. And with all of UND's returning players, the rookies won't need to make major impacts for the Sioux to be successful.

Minnesota and Denver, on the other hand, will look for significant contributions from their large rookie classes.

As always, the Herald will preview the incoming recruits in the annual college hockey preview section. We've correctly picked the last two WCHA rookies of the year, calculating projected impact, rather than NHL potential (which is what Red Line Report uses as criteria).
                    Pretty crazy that UND is that high despite only really knowing so far that Forbort, Simpson, and Rodwell are coming in for sure (by comparison, UMN has over 10 recruits coming in next season). Red Line ranks solely based on NHL potential though, and both Forbort and Simpson are way up there.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

So now does Davidson just take Toews forward spot, or does Hakstol bring in one of the forward recruits to take his spot?
                      Rodwell is already coming in, but now we are replacing VV, Zajac, and Toews.
                      Either Nelson, St. Clair, or Mattson would appear to be the ones most likely to come in. Maybe even Ryan Walters who decommited from UMN.
                      Lets hope Toews doesn't leave.

I suspect that if David does leave the team another recruit will be brought in, if for no other reason than to protect the team in the event of a rash of injuries.

Given the situation on D with the team this coming season, I also wouldn't be surprised to see a few games where Hak dresses only 11 forwards and 7 D, letting the youngsters on defense pick up some playing time and rotating the two fourth line forwards in here and there.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

From the UND blog:

Pretty crazy that UND is that high despite only really knowing so far that Forbort, Simpson, and Rodwell are coming in for sure (by comparison, UMN has over 10 recruits coming in next season). Red Line ranks solely based on NHL potential though, and both Forbort and Simpson are way up there.
                        Michigan does not own this?

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                          Michigan does not own this?
                          Evidently they're not even on the list.
                          Must be some sort of mistake.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I bet Michigan fell from #1 to #11 once goalie World Jr. goalie Jack Campbell decommitted from Michigan and signed with Windsor of the OHL.

I think Michigan was rated highly a year or so ago, but with the loss of Campbell and lack of development in NTDP players Moffatt, Fallon and Clare, Michigan did not get ranked.

Comment

Michigan's class being #1 is a given. Therefore, they only bother to rank everyone else.
                              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

From Schlossman's twitter:

Speculation after Force game is that St. Clair won't be back... which would mean he's coming to UND. Haven't confirmed that yet, though.
                                That would surprise me if St. Clair is the other forward recruit to come in.
                                Both him and Danny Mattson seem like they could use another year in the USHL (going off of their stat lines).
                                We know that Rodwell is coming in already. Most people seemed to think that Nelson would be the one coming in early if needed...pull an Oshie and coming straight from MN HS.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X