Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
    so what is your pairings going to be hot shot--
    lapoint-marto
    blood- macwilliam
    gleason-genoway
    simpson- forbort
    davidson- fienage
    thats 10 d-man
    and Genoway, mac, blood, lapoint and marto will play almost every game so 5 guys for one spot!! and if forbort and simpson are as good as talked about somebodys not going to be happy!!
    His point is valid though. If Marto and Lapoint make a good defensive pairing, why split them up? Plus, you've got great senior experience at the blue line, which could be key to making a push for some serious post-season hardware. The incoming freshmen are highly touted, but they are still freshmen. Rotate them through the lineup to give them playing experience and enjoy the luxury of actually having a strong group of experienced seniors.
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota - Offseason Thread 2010

so what is your pairings going to be hot shot--
      lapoint-marto
      blood- macwilliam
      gleason-genoway
      simpson- forbort
      davidson- fienage
      thats 10 d-man
      and Genoway, mac, blood, lapoint and marto will play almost every game so 5 guys for one spot!! and if forbort and simpson are as good as talked about somebodys not going to be happy!!
      Davidson started as a forward, which is where I'm guessing he'll get his playing time next year. And if Fienhage leaves to MJ like the rumors suggest, that leaves only 8 dmen.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        Davidson started as a forward, which is where I'm guessing he'll get his playing time next year. And if Fienhage leaves to MJ like the rumors suggest, that leaves only 8 dmen.
        Forwards- 15 for 12 spots
        Sr- Trupp, Malone, Frattin, Davidson,
        Jr- Hextall, Gregiore, Toews, Lamoureux
        So- Kristo, Cichy, Knight, Rowney, Bruneteau,
        Fr- D.Mattson, Rodwell

Defense- 10 for 6 spots
        Sr -Genoway, Lapoint, Marto
        Jr - Blood, Fienhage
        So - Gleason, MacWilliam, Hill
        Fr - Forbort, Simpson
        Ok if Fienhage leaves but still there is talk about Nelson coming in too..
        nice problem for Hakstol and company to have and hopefully everyone stays healthy, but on the same note kids do need ice time. think where toews could be if he got to play more last year he had 15 points...
        do we know for sure if simpson is coming I know he excelled his education?
        Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Forwards- 15 for 12 spots
          Sr- Trupp, Malone, Frattin, Davidson
          Jr- Hextall, Gregiore, Toews, Lamoureux
          So- Kristo, Cichy, Knight, Rowney, Bruneteau
          Fr- D.Mattson, Rodwell

Defense- 10 for 6 spots
          Sr -Genoway, Lapoint, Marto
          Jr - Blood, Fienhage
          So - Gleason, MacWilliam, Hill
          Fr - Forbort, Simpson
          Schlossman said on his blog that he believes that only Rodwell, Forbort, and Simpson are confirmed for this fall so far.
          It has been talked about Nelson coming in, but Danny Mattson won't be coming in this fall. He will play another year in the USHL, as will Nick Mattson now that Genoway is coming back. So that leaves 14 or 15 forwards on the roster, which is pretty common.

On the defense side, you can't count Hill in on the equation, his role is just a walk-on, knowing that he will never see the ice unless it's an exhibition. That leaves 8 or 9 dmen on the roster (depending on Fienhage), which is also common.

I think the roster is looking pretty good for next season. I'm sure Hakstol has it figured out already.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Schlossman said on his blog that he believes that only Rodwell, Forbort, and Simpson are confirmed for this fall so far.
            It has been talked about Nelson coming in, but Danny Mattson won't be coming in this fall. He will play another year in the USHL, as will Nick Mattson now that Genoway is coming back. So that leaves 14 or 15 forwards on the roster, which is pretty common.

On the defense side, you can't count Hill in on the equation, his role is just a walk-on, knowing that he will never see the ice unless it's an exhibition. That leaves 8 or 9 dmen on the roster (depending on Fienhage), which is also common.

I think the roster is looking pretty good for next season. I'm sure Hakstol has it figured out already.
            i am sure he does too!! but its along time till oct. need something to talk about
            Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

So... who knocked up Mario... and more importantly how was that possible?
              Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxAviator View Post
                So... who knocked up Mario... and more importantly how was that possible?
                It might have been Duncan with the way that Mario was showing Ryan affection during the interview.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Awards from last season were announced (from Brad):

Award: Jeff Anderson Hockey Scholarship
                  Criteria: Player voted most valuable player by his teammates.
                  Winner: Chris VandeVelde

Award: Cliff Fido Purpur Award
                  Criteria: Player who demonstrates hard work, determination and being a creator of excitement on the ice.
                  Co-winners: Mario Lamoureux and Evan Trupp

Award: Tom Hoghaug Memorial Scholarship
                  Criteria: Freshman who has demonstrated initiative, character and a sense of responsibility.
                  Winner: Andrew MacWilliam

Award: Archie Krum Memorial Athletic Scholarship
                  Criteria: Player who has demonstrated leadership qualities, high academic standards and athletic excellence.
                  Co-winners: Chay Genoway and Darcy Zajac

Award: Plus-minus award
                  Criteria: Best plus-minus on the team
                  Winner: Jake Marto, +18

Award: Most Improved player
                  Winner: Tate Maris

Award: Rookie of the year
                  Winner: Danny Kristo

Award: Coaches Unsung Hero Award
                  Winner: Jake Marto

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

It might have been Duncan with the way that Mario was showing Ryan affection during the interview.
                    Ryan, when it comes to Mario's baby............
                    *****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ElK_i1wfy5k/ShWu6PQKddI/AAAAAAAAAAU/xxlqnhPnQZ0/s320/u-r-the-father.gif.png******
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Hey Dirty, I'm putting a team of Iglourious Bast*rds together for next season....wanna join?

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
                        Hey Dirty, I'm putting a team of Iglourious Bast*rds together for next season....wanna join?
                        Wash out of the E?
                        Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Darn right I do. I'd get to hang out with you, Ty!
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxAviator View Post
                            Wash out of the E?
                            Don't be a PC pr*ck. That's an "a" S*it Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Darn right I do. I'd get to hang out with you, Ty!
                              Can you get me a pic of the bunker underneath the Ralph?

Comment

Can you get me a pic of the bunker underneath the Ralph?
                                the secret access is under the net... all you have to do is knock it off at full speed and you're golden.

Comment

Working...
                                X