Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE Stop Complaining About the Auto-bid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE Stop Complaining About the Auto-bid!

After 3 wins by 3 different teams for Atlantic Hockey in the tourney and a FF trip by the College Hockey America auto-bid team last year, anyone who is against the auto-bid needs to shut up now. It has proven its worth in this sport with some wins against some major college hockey powers. I have always been in favor of it, but now its time for everyone to stop b*tching about it.
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Re: PLEASE Stop Complaining About the Auto-bid!

Yes because if there's one thing that's been proven effective over the years, it's to ask everyone to stop doing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      Yes because if there's one thing that's been proven effective over the years, it's to ask everyone to stop doing something.
      Yeah, I know. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over while expecting different results. So I'm insane.
      Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
      -dggoddard

Comment

I'm fine with the auto bid, if you don't play well enough to assure an at-large bid then you don't deserve to be in. Plus, it allows a higher chance that my (usually) high ranked Sioux will get an easy team in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
          I'm fine with the auto bid, if you don't play well enough to assure an at-large bid then you don't deserve to be in. Plus, it allows a higher chance that my (usually) high ranked Sioux will get an easy team in the first round.
          Yeah, HC, AFA, RIT and BSU have been really easy opponents.
          -dggoddard

Comment

The people who complain about the auto-bids are either ignorant or arrogant... and often they're both.
            Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
              The people who complain about the auto-bids are either ignorant or arrogant... and often they're both.
              Hey! I'm both, and I dont complain!!!!
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

AUTO BID BAD!!!!

F THE AUTO BID!!!!!

AUTO BID BAD!!!!

F THE AUTO BID!!!!!

AUTO BID BAD!!!!

F THE AUTO BID!!!!!

AUTO BID BAD!!!!

F THE AUTO BID!!!!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                  Truth. I think that people that complain are usually from the teams that got beat by the auto-bid.

Not the auto-bids fault the other team forgot to show up

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
                    Yeah, tell that to Denver.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

At the beginning of the season, every team has the same opportunities to make the tournament.

1) Schedule good teams and beat enough of them that your PWR gets you into the tournament.

2) Win your conference tournament.

The coaches and administration at every school knows this. So nobody should be complaining.
                      University of North Dakota
                      NCAA National Champions:
                      1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000...

WCHA Champions:
                      1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982,
                      1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Women's National Champions: 201?

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Yeah, tell that to Denver.
                        and Minnesota, and Michigan, and...
                        -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by dakotadan View Post
                          At the beginning of the season, every team has the same opportunities to make the tournament.

1) Schedule good teams and beat enough of them that your PWR gets you into the tournament.

2) Win your conference tournament.

The coaches and administration at every school knows this. So nobody should be complaining.
                          #2 is definately true.

#1 is technically true, but often times, the AHA (who is probably the only conference that COULD be complained about now) teams have a harder time getting "good" teams to play them at ALL, much less get a home game from them.

That said, MY AHA team (RIT) has been somewhat fortunate in that area, and from what I have seen regarding the schedules for the next couples years they are getting good teams to play them.
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                            That said, MY AHA team (RIT) has been somewhat fortunate in that area, and from what I have seen regarding the schedules for the next couples years they are getting good teams to play them.
                            RIT and AFA are usually able to schedule a few games against decent teams (AFA plays CC and DU every season, plus played Bemidji State this year as well). The rest of the AHA seems to have trouble in that department, at least on a consistent basis.
                            -dggoddard

Comment

There's a third equally effective, but rarely perfected method: play a cupcake schedule, but lose only one or two games all year. That will get you an at-large, too, but it's risky - you literally cannot afford a single off night all season.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                              X