NO Replays at WCHA Final Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO Replays at WCHA Final Five

Does anyone know why they wouldn't show the replays at the Excel during the WCHA Final Five?

Re: NO Replays at WCHA Final Five

This is not uncommon across the whole of sports. Generally it saves on "disparaging remarks" that would be heaped upon the officials should the decision not go the way the crowd would prefer.

When producing video board replays for a AA baseball team I was instructed that replays of close/controversial plays and double plays originating from second base were to be replayed no more than one time and always at full speed.
    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
    2006 Time Person of the Year
    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

I was at the play-in game against UMD and noticed the same thing. Talk about lame.

Comment

MLB has a policy to not show replays on the video board that will make the umpires look bad. It is a good policy. You don't want to enrage fans at that stadium/arena. The safety of the opposing players and officials has to be taken into account. Unfortunately anytime you get a large number of people together you will always have a few idoits that will take it to far and that is why they have policies like this.

Comment

negative. My friend who works for the Wild explained it to me.

She said because the Wild/X use FSN to get all their replays on the jumbotron, they have to use the FSN logo on said replays. Since FSN does not officially sponsor the WCHA Final Five, they have no other way of getting replays up there.
          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I know at the Ralph they do the same thing. If a call is questionable or is being reviewed by the refs they will not show it on the screens.

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post

She said because the Wild/X use FSN to get all their replays on the jumbotron, they have to use the FSN logo on said replays. Since FSN does not officially sponsor the WCHA Final Five, they have no other way of getting replays up there.
            So how do they get the live video feed on the screen? I guess I don't see the difference.
            University of North Dakota
            NCAA National Champions:
            1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000...

WCHA Champions:
            1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982,
            1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Women's National Champions: 201?

Comment

Originally posted by dakotadan View Post
              So how do they get the live video feed on the screen? I guess I don't see the difference.
              I'm just relaying 2nd hand info.

(she's a UND grad, btw)
              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

The live video was FSN and it had the logo's up there the whole time...
                "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

They don't officially sponsor it yet they broadcast it. I am missing something?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

As far as I know, they don't show replays because the crowd reaction could somehow influence the call on the ice/review, and/or undermine the reffing credibility. It's stupid, but that's the way I heard it.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

When we all pay a boat load of money to watch WCHA hockey, they should provide us replays. It's that simple.

The Refs are big boys. They can handle themselves.
                      Anthem singers should not be American idol wannabes. - Dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxRuleWCHA View Post
                        Does anyone know why they wouldn't show the replays at the Excel during the WCHA Final Five?
                        If you were in charge of WCHA officiating would you want replays? It's so bad they are just trying to save face.
                        Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                        NFL Min
                        MLB NYM, Min
                        NHL Min, Dal
                        NCAAB Min, Baylor
                        NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                        Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by goalie heckler View Post
                          When we all pay a boat load of money to watch WCHA hockey, they should provide us replays. It's that simple.

The Refs are big boys. They can handle themselves.
                          This is how I feel about it. I would be willing to except a sponsorship issues over the fact that its because they don't want confrontational calls to be seen by the crowd.

Comment

Cant they just get them off Youtube like the rest of us?

Comment

Working...
                            X