RIT used to play here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT used to play here.

Congratulations to RIT and their first NCAA D-I Tourney win over Denver this afternoon!
    Last edited by UCBadger; 03-26-2010, 06:57 PM.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Re: RIT used to play here.

To komey and the rest of the old gang...congrats! RIT may not have been the most talented team on the ice, but their hearts really showed what college hockey is about!
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Shocker!
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
        Congratulations to RIT and their first NCAA Tourney win over Denver this afternoon!
        (amend) ...since they beat Plattsburgh in the NCAA D-III quarterfinals.....
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I know many will go with Norwich, but today I officially pledge my first place vote in the USCHO D3 pre-season poll to RIT.
          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I'd like to know when that was....

RIT's last NCAA win before today was over UWRF

After that they played this game and the following season they played this game and ended it with this game.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
              Congratulations to RIT and their first NCAA Tourney win over Denver this afternoon!
              Sorry, but the first post was meant to include "D-I"and I know you all knew that!
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                History check....
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Biggest upset since Holy Cross beat Minnesota!

Comment

Originally posted by cadetfan76 View Post
                    Biggest upset since Holy Cross beat Minnesota!
                    1st- Congrats to RIT for the win, and I'm not trying to take anything away from a big win... but I wouldnt say it was Holy Cross vs Minnesota big.

On paper it looks like a huge upset! But DU had been slipping, they beat Atlantic Hockey opponent Air Force 2-1 in OT back in early Feb and AF gave them hell, DU got a lucky win there... In the WCHA post season Michigan Tech put up a good fight before DU lost to NoDak and then got smoked by Wisconsin in the 3rd place game. The team came into the NCAAs in a slump (not the time to have a slump!). Overall the last month or so DU didnt have the jump and spark they did earlier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
                      I'd like to know when that was....

RIT's last NCAA win before today was over UWRF

After that they played this game and the following season they played this game and ended it with this game.

That's what happens when you read the darn NCAA tournament guide and you need new glasses....in 2002 it was RIT 4 Platty 4; RIT 2 Platty 2; Platty 1 RIT 0 mini game. Matt is right in 2001 was the last RIT NCAA win (before tonight).
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So this could be Adrian in 5 years, right after we join the CCHA.

Sorry. It was just sitting there. I couldn't help myself.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

So, I just got back from the Time Union Center... what a night of Hockey! I was sitting 10ft away from Barry Melrose

Now, having been at the RIT game i would like to say this: Denver may have been the more talented team, but RIT was clearly the better team on the ice all night. Denver just could not get anything going against RIT's Defense, and if they did, DeMichiel shut it down. RIT's two goals were well-earned 5x5 goals (EDIT: forgot the GWG was a PPG. Despite what some are saying, I saw the replays on the big screen, and definitely felt like there was a deliberate upward motion of the body, such that the player was able to lead with the elbow into the head - Good Call by the Refs...) that were FOUGHT for. Denver's goal was a lucky-bounce, 5x4 PPG. I was impressed with RIT tonight, I didn't expect them to "hang with the big boys" quite this well.

The UNH - Cornell game was also an interesting watch. The reason why Cornell lost is that their entire game plan seemed to be "Scrivens will stop it... don't worry", but they weren't able to adjust when Scrivens started to fall apart. I should also like to note: That was a goal, the Refs got it right after the review. But I think they did the right thing by not calling it a goal, and leaving it to a review. Second time in as many years a puck went through the net in a regional game! Oh, and Barry agreed that it was a goal.

Now, why is my discussion of the game pertinent? Because Cornell's game plan is why I am predicting an RIT trip to Detroit. RIT played great defense, Cornell played none. UNH played very well, but I just think that RIT played better tonight. Of course, anything can happen... this is still college hockey, after all.

My Prediction:
                          RIT 3
                          UNH 1
                          Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 03-26-2010, 09:21 PM.
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

My Prediction:
                            RIT 3
                            UNH 1
                            [/QUOTE]

If that happens get the glass slipper out!

Comment

And a lot of RIT fans still love DIII. Our hearts are in DI, but our roots are in DIII. Heck I saw UC in person a lot more than the Tigers this year.

And to the Real Georgia Peach. I yelled as loud as I could when they posted "congradulations" to the DIII champion Norwich Cadets on the scoreboard between periods. Also May 1st, make sure you stay home and watch the NCAA championship show on CBS. If I recall, you missed it the last time the Cadets were national champions.
                              John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                              AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                              NCAA DII - 1983
                              NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X