Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D1 Commitments 2011-2012

From Wayne State's Website:**

Rebecca Dow.........D..........(Ontario Hockey Academy)...........Ottawa Ontario

Keira St. Laurent..........D.........(Nepean Wildcats).........Stittsville Ontario

Comment

Just curious, what happens to players who committed to schools last year but never ended up going (i.e. Jenna McParland, Elizabeth Turgeon). Is it standard for them to just go the following year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
        Just curious, what happens to players who committed to schools last year but never ended up going (i.e. Jenna McParland, Elizabeth Turgeon). Is it standard for them to just go the following year?
        Don't know about Turgeon, but McParland is a definite at UMD for 11-12.

Comment

Originally posted by justthedriver View Post
          From Wayne State's Website:**

Rebecca Dow.........D..........(Ontario Hockey Academy)...........Ottawa Ontario

Keira St. Laurent..........D.........(Nepean Wildcats).........Stittsville Ontario
          WSU seems to have a pipeline to Ottawa. (Boales, Jefferson, Fenton, Fischer just a few past examples)

Comment

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...kes_detour.php

re: Kendall Coyne...confirms her dream landing spot, but sounds like it is still not 100% yet.

Also states Picard is heading to Harvard as well as some others which are already listed. I'm pretty sure that Picard to Harvard was already posted here at some point, but I don't see her on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
              http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...kes_detour.php

re: Kendall Coyne...confirms her dream landing spot, but sounds like it is still not 100% yet.

Also states Picard is heading to Harvard as well as some others which are already listed. I'm pretty sure that Picard to Harvard was already posted here at some point, but I don't see her on the list.
              Really makes you think what exactly happened that Durocher didn't have a scholarship anymore. Ah wells, as great as it would've been to have Coyne, I feel like she would've ended up transferring anyways if Harvard is her dream.

Comment

Well the name Poulin comes to mind. If I recall there were some academic challenges getting into BU as well, then Poulin expressed interest and there are limits on how many scholarships you can offer. I think Durocher is happy with the way things worked out. Best of luck to Coyne, if she gets into Harvard she will have a lot of chances to try and show it was a bad move by BU.
                Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                Really makes you think what exactly happened that Durocher didn't have a scholarship anymore. Ah wells, as great as it would've been to have Coyne, I feel like she would've ended up transferring anyways if Harvard is her dream.

Comment

Nice article, except for some glaring inaccuracies, including the fact that three players on this year's Four Nations team were under the age of 19 and actually younger than Miss Coyne. (Mangene, Picard, and Skarupa) Seriously, how difficult is it to actually check the facts?

Comment

A number of commitments have been added to BTD. Some of the note worthy additions that have not already been listed here are:

To Cornell:

Emily Fulton, F, Bluewater Jr. Hawks/Canadian U-18 (Stratford, Ont.)

To UVM:

Gina Repaci, D, Mississauga Jr. Chiefs/Canandian U-18 (Etobicoke, Ont.)

Comment

From BTD.

To Ohio State:

Stacy Danczak, G, Ohio Flames, (Macedonia, Ohio)

Comment

Looks like Ohio State is building a whole separate team of goalies.
                        GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

From the OHA's web site (http://ontariohockeyacademy.pointstr...hockey-academy)...

To Clarkson:

Christine Lambert, F, OHA/Canadian U-18 (Thetford Mines, QC)

To UNH:

Carolane "Brody" Broderick, D, OHA (Marblehead, MA)

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                            From the OHA's web site (http://ontariohockeyacademy.pointstr...hockey-academy)...

To Clarkson: Christine Lambert, F, OHA/Canadian U-18 (Thetford Mines, QC)

To UNH: Carolane "Brody" Broderick, D, OHA (Marblehead, MA)
                            There is a couple of other potential D1 recruits on OHA who are still in the shopping stage.

Great pick-up for Clarky. Another One for them from La Belle Province. Lambert is a 92, played a key role for Team Quebec U18 last year, and was on the TC U18 squad during the summer series with the USA in 2009.
                            Last edited by OnMAA; 12-21-2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

To Boston University:

Sarah Bayersdorfer, F Morristown, NJ - NJ Colonials U19

Comment

To Bemidji State University

Kayleigh Chapman D -------------Virden, Manitoba -----------Warner Hockey School
                                Alexandria Citrowske F ------------Savage, MN --------------Prior Lake HS
                                Rachael Kelly F ------------------ Rosemount, MN ----------Rosemount HS
                                Tegan Rose D -------------------Gibbons, Alberta ----------Edmonton Chimos
                                Whitney Wivoda F ----------------Fairbanks, Alaska -------- Minnesota Crunch

Merry Chrismas!

Comment

Working...
                                X