DIII Coach of the Year Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIII Coach of the Year Award

Congratulations to Coach Bolding and his staff, sure was an impressive year for such a young program. This also marks the second time that two coaches from the same school have earned the coach of the year award. I believe Coach Mandigo and Beaney were the first.

Again, congratulations and looking forward to next year.

Here's the link:

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...lding_03-24-10

Re: DIII Coach of the Year Award

Originally posted by HockeyDman View Post
    Congratulations to Coach Bolding and his staff, sure was an impressive year for such a young program. This also marks the second time that two coaches from the same school have earned the coach of the year award. I believe Coach Mandigo and Beaney were the first.

Again, congratulations and looking forward to next year.

Here's the link:

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...lding_03-24-10
    Very deserving. Coach Bolding and his whole staff did an excellent job. Hard to imagine that this team could not maintain a top 10 ranking throughout the season. I hope that people will realize that even though many think that the ECAC East should be renamed the EASY East, that does not mean that there are not teams worthy of being ranked. Besides Leclerc and Fortier most people (opposing coaches included) could not name another player on this team without looking them up........and to do what Coach Bolding and his staff did with a group of players that most people can not even name just shows what a great job they did. Congrats!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Bolding (Red Deer, AB.) on his award and his staff and players for supporting him. He had his charges believing all year. I had predicted in an earlier post at the start of this years play that Norwich would make some noise this year. Just didn't think they would make that much noise.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        Congratulations to Coach Bolding (Red Deer, AB.) on his award and his staff and players for supporting him. He had his charges believing all year. I had predicted in an earlier post at the start of this years play that Norwich would make some noise this year. Just didn't think they would make that much noise.
        Yah...yer a regular Karnac!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
          Yah...yer a regular Karnac!!
          Hey I must be...cause I also predicted who would win the Cardinal/Panther Classic and the ECAC West tourney. I'm on a roll baby....

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
            Something that another alum told me and not sure if this is true or not but I heard that Coach Boldings staff is all part time volunteers???? Is that true?? And if it is, when in the world are they going to start paying a full time assistant for this program like they do on the men's side. Is there a time limit on that?? This program has been great and achived much in a 3 year period, Norwich needs to get on the stick on this. I am sure that there are programs out there that would love to hire away a Coach like this and all he has done in 3 years for their program, especially if it is a program that just needs a bit more push to get over the top.......they may even offer him a full time assistant to sweeten the pot to do so.......you just never know.

If that is in fact true and none of those assistants are full time paid position, that makes it even better that they were able to pull off this award.

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
              Something that another alum told me and not sure if this is true or not but I heard that Coach Boldings staff is all part time volunteers???? Is that true?? And if it is, when in the world are they going to start paying a full time assistant for this program like they do on the men's side. Is there a time limit on that?? This program has been great and achived much in a 3 year period, Norwich needs to get on the stick on this. I am sure that there are programs out there that would love to hire away a Coach like this and all he has done in 3 years for their program, especially if it is a program that just needs a bit more push to get over the top.......they may even offer him a full time assistant to sweeten the pot to do so.......you just never know.

If that is in fact true and none of those assistants are full time paid position, that makes it even better that they were able to pull off this award.
              Not sure who is getting paid and who isn't at Norwich. Fact remains that although their meteoric rise to the top was impressive, Bolding loses his star to graduation this year and then guess what...10 to graduation in the next couple of years. If he doesn't have any paid help assisting him with recruiting he had better get some...and quick. In this game your only as good as what you did last year...so what are you going to do next year?
              Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 04-02-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

There currently is no full-time assistant, however next year that will change.
                The position will be available, and I am sure it will be filled, although probably not by the current assistant.

No doubt Coach Bolding will get offers from other schools based upon his results so far. But I consider it highly unlikely that he would do any more than listen to them, knowing him.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                  There currently is no full-time assistant, however next year that will change.
                  The position will be available, and I am sure it will be filled, although probably not by the current assistant.

No doubt Coach Bolding will get offers from other schools based upon his results so far. But I consider it highly unlikely that he would do any more than listen to them, knowing him.
                  Why would they not hire the current assistant?? Or any of the assistants for that matter, I know that they recruit for the program because I have seen them out and about at rinks. Will Coach Bolding have a say in his assistant or will it be assigned to him?? Just courious how you came to the conclusion that it probably would not be filled by the current assistant ( or any of them I would imagine). I know they have all been there for a while and if I was the head coach I would want someone who was familiar with what I want and familiar with Norwich, I thinkthey fit that bill. Is it a money thing?

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                    Why would they not hire the current assistant?? Or any of the assistants for that matter, I know that they recruit for the program because I have seen them out and about at rinks. Will Coach Bolding have a say in his assistant or will it be assigned to him?? Just courious how you came to the conclusion that it probably would not be filled by the current assistant ( or any of them I would imagine). I know they have all been there for a while and if I was the head coach I would want someone who was familiar with what I want and familiar with Norwich, I thinkthey fit that bill. Is it a money thing?
                    Indirectly, it is a money thing, although not in the manner you probably are thinking.

I think they would love to hire the current top assistant, who happens to have a young family, and a very good start in a pretty decent job. It would likely be a substantial pay cut. Would he still make the move? He might, as he is also a maroon and gold guy ike Mark.
                    I don't know why Mark would not have the say in hiring his own assistant. If they decide to conduct a search, it may be because the current assistants weren't being considered (which may have nothing to do with their ability).
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Indirectly, it is a money thing, although not in the manner you probably are thinking.

I think they would love to hire the current top assistant, who happens to have a young family, and a very good start in a pretty decent job. It would likely be a substantial pay cut. Would he still make the move? He might, as he is also a maroon and gold guy ike Mark.
                      I don't know why Mark would not have the say in hiring his own assistant. If they decide to conduct a search, it may be because the current assistants weren't being considered (which may have nothing to do with their ability).
                      I guess that makes sense......I am a Maroon & Gold guy myself so I understand the pull but with a young family it probably makes more sense to think of them in terms of the money and the situation that you could put your family in, no matter how "Maroon & Gold" you are, they need to come first, especially in this economy. I would hope that they would let Coach Bolding have the say in who he wants in any case, whether it is a current assistant or someone that they find in a search, I hope that the reigning Coach of the Year has some say in who he works with

Comment

Doesn't Norwich still carry a roster of 26 or so?

Comment

Yes.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Yes.
                            How does that work? Do they have a JV team?

Comment

No, there is no JV team.

It works the same as it does on the men's team. Some play most games, some split time. All play some. I don't think it is any different than most other teams.
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                              X