Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching changes 2010 - and only coaching changes

Originally posted by THE Icemom View Post
    Ok, another week has gone by. Any word yet about who is going to coach Chatham? Anyone know where Coach Manchester landed?
    I can't imagine what's taking so long now that they have aquired the sevices of a knew AD from the hockey hotbed of Raleigh, NC....

Comment

Julie Chu, going to Union!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey 1st View Post
        Julie Chu, going to Union!
        Here's the release

http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...607102710.aspx

Shows Union wants to make a step up the rungs of the ECACHL
        The WCHA Dynasty
        Wisconsin
        National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
        MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
        National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
        MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
        National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
        MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          From the GWH facebook page:
          Minnesota Women's Hockey Assistant coach Jamie Wood has accepted an associate head coaching job at New Hampshire. We will all miss Jamie, but wish him all the best at UNH.
          Link to press release on UNHWildcats.com

“I am really excited to come to UNH,” Wood stated. “Obviously the program has a great tradition and a respected and dedicated staff. I believe it will be a great fit for me and my family, and I can't wait for next season.”
          Very sorry to see Coach Wood leave Minnesota, but I concur with the quoted sentiment. Wildcat fans -- you're getting a great guy.
          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Best of Luck to JW and his family! He is without a doubt one of the best individuals we know for seeking out hockey talent. His "early days" tenure in shaping the Warner (Alberta) Warriors female hockey program well....it's no wonder they call it the "JW" HL around these parts.....

UNH's stock just went up!

Comment

George Morrison, RIP, added a great deal to the coaching effort at Union. I hope that Julie C. will do the same. Lord knows Assano needs all the help she can get.
              Best of luck to Union next season.

Comment

Hillary Witt back at NU
                http://gonu.com/news/2010/5/28/WHOCKEY_0528102310.aspx

Comment

Williams suddenly needs a head coach -

http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=3417051

Maybe this is a large hint at who the next Bowdoin coach is.

Comment

And is Chatham hiring a coach or is the program going kaput?
                    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Comment

Originally posted by THE Icemom View Post
                      And is Chatham hiring a coach or is the program going kaput?
                      I heard they scheduled games, so I don't think the program is kaput, but it will be interesting to see what direction they go in.

Comment

After posting a comment about the new Chatham AD someone, (not signed) left a note on my user CP that the new AD subsequently turned down the job. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
                          Williams suddenly needs a head coach -

http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=3417051

Maybe this is a large hint at who the next Bowdoin coach is.
                          May we have a drum-roll please...

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                            After posting a comment about the new Chatham AD someone, (not signed) left a note on my user CP that the new AD subsequently turned down the job. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
                            David Zinn is the new athletic director at Chatham. It's confirmed. Checked their website.

Here: http://www.chatham.edu/athletics/sto...ID=2087&cat=25

Any word on Williams? Or Chatham?

I'm surprised by Julie Chu heading to Union. But hey, it's great for Union hockey fans. They'll have a lot to look forward to in the coming seasons.

Comment

Minnesota

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=204960377

University of Minnesota women’s hockey head coach Brad Frost has announced the hiring of Joel Johnson as an assistant coach. Johnson, who was the head coach of the Bethel University men’s hockey team, returns to the Gopher staff where he was an assistant coach during the Golden Gophers’ 2000 and 2004 national championship runs. He replaces Jamie Wood, who accepted an associate head coaching position at the University of New Hampshire. Johnson begins his duties immediately.
                              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                                Dude/Dudette... re: recent 5 4's user CP.... If you had the ability to reread your original submission to me you would understand why I'm struggling with who is hired and who isn't...then you have the stones/stonettes to dis me in your second submission and continue not to acknowledge who you are?

Like...what's up with that? If you have something to say...bring it to the boards.

JC Cowboy up!

Comment

Working...
                                X