X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches who are goalies

Separate thread now.

Re: Coaches who are goalies

Where did the thread go that this was originated from?

Comment

Goalies quite often are a different breed...never met a goalie that was really "normal" ...I think it comes from taking too many pucks to the melon...

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
        Goalies quite often are a different breed...never met a goalie that was really "normal" ...I think it comes from taking too many pucks to the melon...
        As a converted baseball catcher to goalie, I resemble that remark!

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
          I must disagree with this. Coach Durocher is a great person and completely normal.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

There is an ex-NHL player here who does a lot of training and development in MN and has built a large NA training business. He makes a comment about F-D-G who he knows and has played with. He said F become coaches and salesman, D become administrators and VP & G become Presidents, CEO or great leaders - he said although goalies often are knocked they are very competitive are very good watchers and spot ideas and their energy is often very motivating.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
              Where did the thread go that this was originated from?
              I had a post in there, and it appears to have vanished.
              Censorship without warning.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                I had a post in there, and it appears to have vanished.
                Censorship without warning.
                It would appear that if someone doesn't like what is being said or which direction a thread might be taking that it can mysteriously fade to black...

Comment

It would appear that if someone doesn't like what is being said or which direction a thread might be taking that it can mysteriously fade to black...
                  IMHO it is better to lock it than to delete it, specially in this particular example, as I don't recall there being any outrageous or offensive postings in that particular thread. (Or did I miss something ?)

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                    IMHO it is better to lock it than to delete it, specially in this particular example, as I don't recall there being any outrageous or offensive postings in that particular thread. (Or did I miss something ?)
                    Do you remember who started the thread? On most forums, the OP can delete the entire thread by deleting his/her initial post in the thread.

Comment

Anyway...as I was saying, Glen Hanlon and Gerry Cheevers had less than stellar careers as bench bosses. Patrick Roy ...well, isn't he on probation now?

I had pointed out that Emile Francis may have been the most successful goalie-turned-coach in history.

What about Eddie Giacomin... didn't he do something for the Penguins?

Can't think of any present female head coaches in the NCAA that were once goalies...maybe it's time that there is.

Comment

Anyway...as I was saying, Glen Hanlon and Gerry Cheevers had less than stellar careers as bench bosses. Patrick Roy ...well, isn't he on probation now?

I had pointed out that Emile Francis may have been the most successful goalie-turned-coach in history.

Can't think of any present female head coaches in the NCAA that were once goalies...maybe it's time that there is.
                        Only an female assistant or two in NCAAs were goaltenders.

Comment

I would have to agree that the Cat was probably the most successful. It was Eddie Johnston, not Giacomin who coached for several years in Pittsburgh. I don't think that Giacomin ever coached.

One of the greatest hockey minds ever and probably the best goalie ever to play the game turned out to be a dud as a Coach. Jacques Plante coached the Quebec Nordiques of the WHA with very mediocre results. Apparently he was very frustrated that his players did not share the same absolute devotion to the game that he did.

Ron Low coached in Edmonton for a number of years, both as an assistant and Head coach.

Can't think of too many others who coached in the NHL. I believe that Turk Broda had pretty good success coaching the Toronto Marlies Junior team after he retired from the Leafs.

Comment

this was part of the deleted postings earlier but
                            Jacques Martin was a St. Lawrence goalie
                            and has performed quite well in the NHL for
                            several years as well as receiving the Jack Adams
                            award in 1997-98 I believe.

Comment

Working...
                            X