• Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego State 2010 Off-Season Thread: "Say it Ain't so Neil"

CONGRATULATIONS NEIL MUSSELWHITE... ALL OF D3 IS PROUD OF YOU TODAY
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

My sources tell me he completed his lap in 14.63secs. His opponent (Minnesota State U-Mankato Zach Harrison) finished with a 15.19sec time. Neil's hardest shot was 91.9mph. The winner (Massachusetts-Lowell’s Kory Falite ) clocked in at 92.9mph.

Ironically - Zach Harrison and Neil have something in common ...

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...1_harrison.php

go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by puckfunny View Post
        Congrats Neil!!! Anybody know his time? The NCAA record is 14.97secs - did he beat it?

Seems Mr. Todd D. Milewski is none-to-pleased with Neil's victory. He didn't feel it worthy to report as he did with the other individual events ...

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...sCounting.html

Now there's sportsmanship for ya.
        The Oswego athletics page doesn't seem to have found it newsworthy either.
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Suck on that, DI.
          “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
          19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Congrats Neil!!! Anybody know his time? The NCAA record is 14.97secs - did he beat it?

Seems Mr. Todd D. Milewski is none-to-pleased with Neil's victory. He didn't feel it worthy to report as he did with the other individual events ...

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...23#post4744523
            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

the kid can fly.........CONGRATS, ALL AROUND...........

Comment

Only two differences I can think of ... one, the Skills Challenge guys, if they made it to the final race, had two races. The other ... I'm curious to know the quality of the ice at Ford Field. Can anyone that attended the event comment?

Comment

My sources tell me he completed his lap in 14.63secs. His opponent (Minnesota State U-Mankato Zach Harrison) finished with a 15.19sec time. Neil's hardest shot was 91.9mph. The winner (Massachusetts-Lowell’s Kory Falite ) clocked in at 92.9mph.

Ironically - Zach Harrison and Neil have something in common ...

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...1_harrison.php

go figure.

If you look up Hat Trick on Wikipedia, Neil's Natural Short handed hatty is mentioned too.

Comment

Oswego State Athletics News

Men’s Hockey

Musselwhite Wins Fastest Skater Competition At NCAA Frozen Four Skills Challenge

Oswego State senior men’s hockey player Neil Musselwhite closed out his collegiate career by winning the Fastest Skater competition at the 2010 NCAA Frozen Four Skills Challenge on Friday night at Ford Field in Detroit, Mich. Musselwhite, the only Division III men’s hockey player at the competition, edged Minnesota State-Mankato’s Zach Harrison by two-tenths of a second in the final with a new event record time of 14.3 seconds after advancing to the final by winning his respective heat. However, the East squad fell to the West squad by the score of 10-6.

The Burlington, Ontario native not only competed in the Fastest Skater competition, but the Hardest Shot competition as well. He took second place in the event with a shot of 91.8 mph, which was behind Massachusetts-Lowell’s Kory Falite, who blasted a shot of 92.9 mph.

Musselwhite was a 2009-10 Second Team All-SUNYAC selection and led the Lakers with 23 goals this season to go along with 13 assists for 36 points, which ranked fifth on the squad. Oswego State finished the season as an NCAA Division III Semifinalist with an overall record of 26-3-0.
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

And the 2nd hardest shot as well (91.8)...way to represent Neil.....and yeah, suck on that D1!

Comment

I agree. It was a magnificent feat, and showed there is some pretty darn good talent in D 3. This guy Milewkski probably didn't want to tick off any of his D 1 buddies. The top D 3 teams could play with a lot of these D 1 teams.

Comment

Congrats Mussel-Man. This should prove that some D III players can go with the big boys.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

******* width="500" height="405">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SVzFxoiXyo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SVzFxoiXyo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405">

******* width="500" height="405">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yoMVQ0zOTb0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yoMVQ0zOTb0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405">
                            Voice of the Lakers, 2007-2009
                            Follow me on Twitter
                            The VOTL.com
                            Chairman Hows Glorious Army

Comment

I dont know if this has been discussed yet, but the other two teams in the Pathfinder tournament with Oswego and Stevens Point are Hamilton and Hobart.

Hobart plays Point and Oswego meets Hamilton in the first round games.

Usually they announced the field after the tournament, but they didn't do it this past year.

Adrian is confirmed for 2011-2012 tourney.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X