X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2010 Off-Season Thread: "Say it Ain't so Neil"

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    It's because we're better than you.
    O.K. O.K. I'll debate that one with you in October!!

Comment

It's because we're better than you.
      What was it you said earlier? Something about Oswego's usual role being Plattsburgh's bridesmaid?

You got a year to shine, don't let it go to your head

And don't forget: you still didn't make it any further than us in the national tournament. Yeah, you got the SUNYAC hardwear... but you didn't outshine us when it really mattered... in Lake Placid. In fact, you lost to the team that lost the next day. We lost to the National Champions, for the 3rd year in a row

but I like Birds's response: we'll debate this one in October and November (Campus Center on 11/6)
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
        Ok ok...so we'll say you're ahead two to one...

BUT.....

I'll even the score, and maybe take the lead since this is a goalie....

Adam Laderoute...

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=3067
        You have a MAJOR advantage in this competition
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

You have a MAJOR advantage in this competition
          What small advantage I have simply makes up for the fact that I, a mere mortal, am up against the great Prez!
          Last edited by Ozz; 07-01-2010, 01:26 PM.
          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

1st time I have seen the OSU Club Team site, WOW WOW it is better than the BIg clubs site........not bad uni's either

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              1st time I have seen the OSU Club Team site, WOW WOW it is better than the BIg clubs site........not bad uni's either
              I agree. Those black unis are sick. I wish the college would bring back the anchor as part of its logo. Any Oswego hockey jersey from the last 15 years that had the anchor on it was sweet.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                You're welcome
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                  your THE BEST ;-))

Comment

So, any word on this Ian Boots fellow who is potentially going to grace the ice of the campus centre? I was a little thrown off by his number from freshman year to last year, but that aside, I think having a D1 kid joining the ranks will be a plus. From the looks of our recruiting thus far, we should, and I emphasize SHOULD be able to get back most of the goal scoring that Selleck and Musselwhite left behind. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuy_11 View Post
                      So, any word on this Ian Boots fellow who is potentially going to grace the ice of the campus centre? I was a little thrown off by his number from freshman year to last year, but that aside, I think having a D1 kid joining the ranks will be a plus. From the looks of our recruiting thus far, we should, and I emphasize SHOULD be able to get back most of the goal scoring that Selleck and Musselwhite left behind. Thoughts?
                      Never know how the recruits will pan out once they actually hit the ice at the collegiate level.

On paper, Oswego has a good class. But Mussells and Dormo brought some incredible intangibles to that team. There is a reason why they both were important cogs to the 2007 championship team as freshmen.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

I like the class this year as well. We didn't need a lot of players, but losing KGT, Dormo and Mussel-man means we need quality.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuy_11 View Post
                          Here is some info on him

Excerpt:
                          ...Boots had 29 points in 50 games, but only four in 18 last year, and his career never recovered from the spearing penalty vs. Notre Dame in his freshman year...
                          ...So that makes four guys who are gone, three to the NHL (Bartkowski, Bishop, Dalpe) and now Boots. I'm not worried. I expected some attrition. You'll have that when you bring in a new coach.

From USCHO: Shocking Spear Spurs Second Ranked Irish To Overtime Victory

Excerpt:
                          Selfish penalty cost us the game,” Ohio State coach John Markell said...
                          Last edited by norm1909; 07-10-2010, 09:24 PM.
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

With that type of history and the anticipated rules changes regarding penalties, will Eddie even think about putting Boots in uniform let alone on the ice with the chance of possibly skate short-handed?

Comment

Originally posted by mdmadison View Post
                              With that type of history and the anticipated rules changes regarding penalties, will Eddie even think about putting Boots in uniform let alone on the ice with the chance of possibly skate short-handed?
                              On the forum that Norm linked to, I think one post that he did not quote really stands out to me:

After meeting Boots his freshman year, and knowing him a little bit after that I have to say this is good for the team.
                              That came in response to the news that Boots was leaving. Given Oswego's wonderful history with D1 transfers, and the fact that OSU's (erm.. Ohio State's) fans actually seem to be happy that he's gone, I'm none too worried about this, as a Plattsburgh fan.

Also, as you can tell from the fact that I've put him on the list, I've confirmed that Boots is, at this time (again, check Oswego's history with D1 recruits), planning to attend SUNY Oswego.
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                On the forum that Norm linked to, I think one post that he did not quote really stands out to me:

"After meeting Boots his freshman year, and knowing him a little bit after that I have to say this is good for the team."

That came in response to the news that Boots was leaving. Given Oswego's wonderful history with D1 transfers, and the fact that OSU's (erm.. Ohio State's) fans actually seem to be happy that he's gone, I'm none too worried about this, as a Plattsburgh fan.

Also, as you can tell from the fact that I've put him on the list, I've confirmed that Boots is, at this time (again, check Oswego's history with D1 recruits), planning to attend SUNY Oswego.
                                The quote Card's cited and the "selfish penalty" quote from Ohio State coach John Markell is consistant with the innuendo I've heard about Boots style of play. That said, I also remember this...

Excerpt from USCHO:
                                One of the keys to the Lakers has ridden below the radar: goaltender Kyle Gunn-Taylor, the other senior on the team. A slow progression at Oswego coupled with the skating stars on the team has pulled the spotlight away from him.

Gunn-Taylor started his career at Buffalo State and made an impression in his sophomore year. After a falling out there, essentially missing his junior year, he transferred to Oswego.

A Paul Beckwith injury provided Gunn-Taylor an opportunity to seize. And seize it he did. Recently, he has been playing his best hockey of his career, fulfilling the promise everyone saw from him at Buffalo State. You can’t go far in the playoffs without solid goaltending.

“He got back to playing the way we hoped, like he was at the beginning of the season when he was hungry and wanted to prove he was a quality goaltender and deserved a spot on the team,” Gosek said...
                                Last edited by norm1909; 07-11-2010, 08:06 AM.
                                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X