Regional Syndication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Syndication

What does it mean exactly? I'm seeing lots of complaining in the threads that many of these games will only be on ESPN360. Is this accurate?
    The way I took regional syndication to mean is that the games would be on 360 nationally, but on local TV stations in the teams local areas. Is this correct?

Re: Regional Syndication

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
    What does it mean exactly? I'm seeing lots of complaining in the threads that many of these games will only be on ESPN360. Is this accurate?
    The way I took regional syndication to mean is that the games would be on 360 nationally, but on local TV stations in the teams local areas. Is this correct?
    ESPN will film and produce the games and put them on ESPN 360...

If TV 5 in SmallTown, MN wants to air the NMU/St. Cloud game, they can buy the rights of the 360 feed from ESPN and show it locally... It's TV 5's choice though... They aren't guarenteed any broadcast rights... It's just what they want to pay for...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
      Regional syndication is when a local channel pays ESPN for the rights to broadcast the game on said local channel.

I am pretty sure ESPN hasn't allowed regional syndication for the past 2 years. I hope they do this year since they are screwing teams and sticking the games on ESPN360.com.
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        ESPN will film and produce the games and put them on ESPN 360...

If TV 5 in SmallTown, MN wants to air the NMU/St. Cloud game, they can buy the rights of the 360 feed from ESPN and show it locally... It's TV 5's choice though... They aren't guarenteed any broadcast rights... It's just what they want to pay for...
        Thanks, that's generally what I thought it was.Although I'm not sure how much cash small TV stations have to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
          Regional syndication is when a local channel pays ESPN for the rights to broadcast the game on said local channel.

I am pretty sure ESPN hasn't allowed regional syndication for the past 2 years. I hope they do this year since they are screwing teams and sticking the games on ESPN360.com.
          USCHO says on their tourny rundown page that games will be available via regional syndication. I wonder if this will be both local over-the-air channels and the various regional cable sports outlets, such as some of the 214 FOX Sports local entities? Hopefully at least those with access to sports packages via their cable/satellite provider can view all the games.

Comment

It seems like last year we had to go to USTREAM or justintv for the regionals.
            ESPNU is just as bad as 360 for me.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

I get ESPNU on my television and just checked ESPN360.com for the first time ever and was able to watch for a few minutes an SEC baseball game so hopefully, I will be able to watch NMU-SCSU on it Friday and the other games on ESPNU. I will be attending Worcester Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Code:
                Day	Date	        Network(s)		Time (ET) 	DirecTV	DishNet.		Game
                Fri.	03/26/10	ESPNU HD 		3 p.m. 	        614	148		NCAA East Regional: Denver vs. RIT
                Fri.	03/26/10	ESPNU HD 		6:30 p.m.	614	148		NCAA East Regional: Cornell vs. New Hampshire
                Fri.	03/26/10	ESPN Syndication 	5:30 p.m.	*	*		NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State vs. Northern Michigan
                Fri.	03/26/10	ESPNU HD 		9 p.m.	        614	148		NCAA West Regional: Wisconsin vs. Vermont
                Sat.	03/27/10	ESPN Syndication	1:30 p.m. 	*	*		NCAA Northeast Regional: Boston College vs. Alaska Fairbanks
                Sat.	03/27/10	ESPN Syndication	5 p.m.	        *	*		NCAA Northeast Regional: North Dakota vs. Yale
                Sat.	03/27/10	ESPNU HD 		6:30 p.m. 	614	148		NCAA East Regional: Final
                Sat.	03/27/10	ESPNU HD 		9 p.m. 	        614	148		NCAA West Regional: Final
                Sat.	03/27/10	ESPNU		        4 p.m. 	        614	148		NCAA Midwest Regional: Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville
                Sat.	03/27/10	ESPN Syndication	7:30 p.m. 	*	*		NCAA Midwest Regional: Bemidji State vs. Michigan
                Sun.	03/28/10	ESPNU		        5:30 p.m.	614	148		NCAA Northeast Regional: Final
                Sun.	03/28/10	ESPNU		        8 p.m.	       614	148		NCAA Midwest Regional: Final
                If you have ESPNU, you'll be able to see all but 4 games this weekend. I don't know that ESPN is going to allow syndication, but I'm sure the locals nets are checking. Your local affiliate might know more.

Comment

Just saw that the games are on tape delay if they aren't on live. Guess that rules out syndication.

Friday, March 26
                  11:30: 2-St. Cloud State (23-13-5) vs. 3-Northern Michigan (20-12-8) at St. Paul, Minn., ESPNU (tape delay)

Saturday, March 27
                  11:30: 2-Bemidji State (23-9-4) vs. 3-Michigan (25-17-1) at Fort Wayne, Ind., ESPNU (tape delay)

Sunday, March 28
                  9:30 a.m.: 1-Boston College (25-10-3) vs. 4-Alaska Fairbanks (18-11-9) at Worcester, ESPNU (tape delay from Saturday)
                  Noon: 2-North Dakota (25-12-5) vs. 3-Yale (20-9-3) at Worcester, ESPNU (tape delay from Saturday)

Comment

What's with all of the hate of espn360, just hook up your computer to a tv and it looks the same if not better than what ever standard def channel picks up the games since we can still get HD. If you go on amazon you can find any of the cords needed for reasonably cheap. I think i got my dvi to hdmi cord for like $6.
                    Originally posted by Mankato student
                    Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                    "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                    -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                      What's with all of the hate of espn360, just hook up your computer to a tv and it looks the same if not better than what ever standard def channel picks up the games since we can still get HD. If you go on amazon you can find any of the cords needed for reasonably cheap. I think i got my dvi to hdmi cord for like $6.
                      ESPN360 is only available to certain people. I can't get it. As a Comcast Internet subscriber, I probably never will.

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                        I think ESPN360 is fantastic. The thing is, it's totally up to your internet provider if you have access to it. Which leaves large groups of people out in the cold. (I think in one thread it was said that virtually no one in Alaska has access to it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          ESPN360 is only available to certain people. I can't get it. As a Comcast Internet subscriber, I probably never will.
                          I used it earlier today with Comcast. The page says, "Powered by Comcast."

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                            I used it earlier today with Comcast. The page says, "Powered by Comcast."
                            Holy ****! You're right. Last time I bothered to look we couldn't get on. Cool!

But if your ISP isn't on their list, you can't access it.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Holy ****! You're right. Last time I bothered to look we couldn't get on. Cool!

But if your ISP isn't on their list, you can't access it.
                              I'm not the kind of guy to lie about that!

I thought the same thing until I tried it this morning.

I've been talking to a bar just north of St. Paul, MN, about getting a TV to watch the games from a laptop as they have free wireless.

Comment

Working...
                              X