Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Official thread.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

The more threads the merrier.

I also have a feeling we might see some new NMU posters coming out of the woodwork as the week goes on.

I'm just hoping I get time off so I can see this game in-person.
    Embrace the hate.

Comment

congrats to Northern for their ncaa 1st round victory!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Can't say that I know much about St. Cloud but I'm smart enough not to chalk this one up for NMU quite yet. Making plans to attend and hope NMU represents much the same they did in Detroit this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
          Can't say that I know much about St. Cloud but I'm smart enough not to chalk this one up for NMU quite yet. Making plans to attend and hope NMU represents much the same they did in Detroit this past weekend.
          By taking second? There is no "good job" for second this weekend.

Comment

Mildly optimistic the huskies can just pound away while scoring on the flaming cooters.

Note to the SCSU training staff: keep the antibiotics on hand for this game.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
              The more threads the merrier.

I also have a feeling we might see some new NMU posters coming out of the woodwork as the week goes on.

I'm just hoping I get time off so I can see this game in-person.
              I bought my ticket package to all 3 games back in December, and lucked out that my team gets placed in this regional Pricing kinda sucks though for the more casual fan, I bought the 3-game package for $90 (plus tax/INconvenience fees), but a single game ticket is $50+?! Brutal to have the cost of 2 single game tickets be more than the 3-game package. the Midwest regional has single game prices of 35-45 and a 3-game of 85.

I haven't checked up on NMU very much, so i guess that'll be a task for the next few days. Hopefully SCSU can get the NCAA monkey off their backs and advance, if they do, i'd get to watch them in the regional final on my birthday That'd be an amazing birthday present

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
                if they do, i'd get to watch them in the regional final on my birthday That'd be an amazing birthday present
                I hope you're used to being disappointed on your birthday.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Meh, that just means i'd have to drink more on my bday, which is usually how it's spent. But at least I won't be buying!

Hopefully Roe recovers quickly and fully from his injury vs. Wisconsin, we'll need him back to make a strong push. Sounds like he's pretty much OK from what I heard, but the coaches kept him out of the WCHA title game to be on the safe side. We'll need him and his 47pts!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
                    Meh, that just means i'd have to drink more on my bday, which is usually how it's spent. But at least I won't be buying!

Hopefully Roe recovers quickly and fully from his injury vs. Wisconsin, we'll need him back to make a strong push. Sounds like he's pretty much OK from what I heard, but the coaches kept him out of the WCHA title game to be on the safe side. We'll need him and his 47pts!
                    Not exactly what Motzko said to Allenspach....

"Motzko said Roe, who suffered a neck injury during Friday's 2-0 semifinal win over Wisconsin, could not have played -- even though the team said a decision on his status wasn't going to be made until shortly before gametime."

Comment

I'm going to be there.

And we will win.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo Swoon is in season.
                      Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy If this turns out to be correct: Big Pieps > Kevin Allenspach

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Wow, I've never heard that one before, how original.

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
                          Not exactly what Motzko said to Allenspach....

"Motzko said Roe, who suffered a neck injury during Friday's 2-0 semifinal win over Wisconsin, could not have played -- even though the team said a decision on his status wasn't going to be made until shortly before gametime."
                          Hmmmm wasn't privy to that info. But here's hoping he makes a good recovery this week and can play on Friday. Would be a shame to see him sidelined after such a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskySieve View Post
                            Wow, I've never heard that one before, how original.
                            Not original but still relevant and funny.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Not original but still relevant and funny.
                              Whats funny is Duluth not being in the tournament at all

Comment

Working...
                              X