• Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    1999: Watched at my friend's wife's house
    2001: Was at Van Andel Arena
    2002: Watched at a friend's house
    2003: Watched at McRudy's in St. Cloud
    2007: Watched at Jake's in Plymouth
    2008: Watched at Joe Senser's in Plymouth

Yes, I've had to watch 6 of the 8 losses.
    I'm right there with you I just can't name the places I watched the games at.

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
      I'm right there with you I just can't name the places I watched the games at.
      I had to think about it for a while the other day. The game against Maine escaped me.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Got this rep, from an anonymous poster (I really did. I wish I coulda made this up):

Is it just me, or is it REALLY funny watching SCSU fans remember where they were for the NCAA losses like it was 9/11?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Got this rep, from an anonymous poster (I really did. I wish I coulda made this up):

If we lose tomorrow, it'll be like the Holocaust.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

So USCHO does a section on 16 reasons to cheer, each one having to do with a the tournament teams, and St. Cloud's WASN'T about Aaron Marvin. What a load of b.s. Next you're gonna tell me they stole the Hobey from Mark Hartigan and gave it to some no talent *** clown wearing maroon and gold in '02.

Wait... they did what? Son of a....
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              If you go to norteast there are three must stops on the bar tour.

Stasiu's: is the best dive bar in minnesota and has strong cheap drinks.
              You haven't been out in awhile have you? This place has been closed since last summer when the owner died in a hot tub at a party. I think it was a cocaine overdose. Its a great place and I'd love to own it but I'm afraid owning a bar would cause me to be an alcoholic.

I'd suggest going to Tony Jaro's for a Greenie instead of Stasiu's. One Greenie isn't enough, two is too many and three is JUST RIGHT.

You also forgot to mention Grumpy's. No trip to NE is complete w/o a stop at Grumpy's. BEST beer selection in Nord'east, certainly for local brews. One of only 15 or so places in MN with Summit Oatmeal Stout on tap and always have 2-3 varieties of Surly on tap. Occasionally they have Left Hand Milk Stout as well.
              Last edited by waterlover; 03-26-2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppa12 View Post
                Thinkin about goin over to the X after work tomorrow, what is the cheapest a ticket will go for from a scalper? 25? 30?
                Because its the early game my guess is scalpers won't be too willing to negotiate thinking (hoping) that Wisconsin fans will show up in droves and be willing to pay close to face value.

Comment

I was fishing around the NCAA's site and it appears this game will be on MASN (640 on DirecTV) for people who have the sports pack. I think MASN is out of Baltimore for anyone in the Baltimore/DC area. I'm guessing most sports bars should be able to get it as well. I checked my on screen DirecTV guide and it mentions nothing about college hockey but that doesn't mean anything.

Here is the link for anyone who wants to check it out. Appears MASN has picked up all 4 games not on live.

http://www.ncaa.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos...keySyndication

FSNorth has picked up the Bemidji/Michigan game and the UND/Yale game on Saturday.

EDIT: Or, rather than fishing around the NCAA's crappy website I should have just went to the TV Thread on USCHO and saved myself the time. Oh well, the info's the same, just in two different threads now.
                  Last edited by waterlover; 03-26-2010, 02:28 AM.

Comment

At 4 pm we'll be "Inside the CCHA." At 430 we begin our expanded pregame show. Guests include College Hockey News' Adam Wodon to break down the whole tourney, Michigan Tech Coach Jamie Russell, who saw NMU 3x and St Cloud 4x this year to break down tonight's game. We'll also talk with Ryan Riipi, who played on the 99 team. the last NMU team to reach the NCAA's and between periods we will chat with current St Cloud assistant Mike Gibbons who was an NMU assisstant 84-89 and also coached with Walt at the AHL level.
                    Last edited by davyd83; 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Good luck to the Hussies. Lets not be one and done this year . Skeeters getting old and he wants to see at least ONE NCAA victory in his life. Ill be at the bar cheering for you guys

Comment

Here's hoping for a good game from the Wildcats. It would be the best birthday present I could ask for.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

after reading the 16 reasons to cheer thing, does the writer know ANYTHING about SCSU? Honestly it was like....
                          Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee
                          USA world Juniors Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Why Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Are Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike You Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Still Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Reading Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee This Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee Mike Lee

Here's hoping for a huskies victory today, It's almost a shame we have NMU as our opponent, I like their program and wanted them to go far, until this afternoon!
                          A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Dear Wildcats of Northern Michigan University,

Don't drop an NCAA game to St. Cloud. You will never live it down, and noone will ever forget.
                            Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                            *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                              Dear Wildcats of Northern Michigan University,

Don't drop an NCAA game to St. Cloud. You will never live it down, and noone will ever forget.
                              Thank you tDarkness. I just realized that no matter who wins, we'll be able to have a great time tearing apart the loser.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Thank you tDarkness. I just realized that no matter who wins, we'll be able to have a great time tearing apart the loser.
                                Well, if SCSU wins, we can say that they *ed the fat chick and busted their slump.

If NMU wins, well, big deal. They would be the NINTH team to beat SCSU in the tourney.

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X