Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Tournament: NMU Wildcats vs. SCSU Huskies

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
    what exactly are pasties? i keep reading all this talk about them, but I just want to know what they are.
    It's a Finlander Calzone. Instead of Italian stuff inside it has meat, potatoes, onions, rutabeggi (never spelled that before, I am sure it's wrong). That along with the rapala minnow bait gives Finland a special spot in my heart. That and a chick named Haakinen who has a special spot somewhere other than my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
      It's a Finlander Calzone. Instead of Italian stuff inside it has meat, potatoes, onions, rutabeggi (never spelled that before, I am sure it's wrong). That along with the rapala minnow bait gives Finland a special spot in my heart. That and a chick named Haakinen who has a special spot somewhere other than my heart.
      At the risk of spoiling the story just a little Sanity, they are from Wales. The Welshman who came over to work the UP mines brought them from the homeland where they were a staple of the miners.

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
        Actually, you DO pronounce it as it is spelled...with the short sound "a". Now, pronouncing it with the Long "A", will get you some weird looks in UP restaurants.
        ...like holding up the wrong fingers to indicate "three" while in Germany. You can get killed for that!!

past·y1 [pey-stee]
        -adjective
        1.of or like paste in consistency, texture, color, etc.
        –noun
        2.pasties, a pair of small, cuplike coverings for the nipples of a striptease dancer, nude model, etc.
        pas·ty2 [pas-tee]
        –noun,plural-ties. Chiefly British.
        a pie filled with game, fish, or the like.
        scsuhockey.com
        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
          At the risk of spoiling the story just a little Sanity, they are from Wales. The Welshman who came over to work the UP mines brought them from the homeland where they were a staple of the miners.
          Ya' learn something new every day. Thanks for the info. Haakinan could be from Neptune, but is still worth every memory.

Comment

sounds delicious.
            This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
            www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Ya' learn something new every day. Thanks for the info. Haakinan could be from Neptune, but is still worth every memory.
              Shaped so they could be cooked on a shovel.
              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Go Huskies.
                Time to break the streak.

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I have a feeling that the Wildcats may be the team that screws up our perfect NCAA record.
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                    I have a feeling that the Wildcats may be the team that screws up our perfect NCAA record.
                    I think a lot of people thought the same thing about Clarkson.
                    Regardless, I'll be rooting for an all-WCHA regional final between UW/SCSU in this one.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I would love to see an all WCHA frozen four with DU, SCSUor uw i guess, UND and BSU
                      Originally posted by Mankato student
                      Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                      "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                      -- Peter Klein

Comment

Back to hockey for a moment, how is Olvers older brother doing? Great players.
                        Last I heard Darin was playing here http://www.aev-panther.de/
                        LIFE LONG NMU FAN & ALUMNI.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                          Go Huskies.
                          Time to break the streak.

I'm stuck going to this game since I had to buy tickets to get my frozen 4 seats next season. So something interesting like that had better happen.

Comment

It seems as though the only time a Northern game thread goes this long is when they play the Huskies.....Tech or St Cloud. The reason the Tech/NMU threads go so long is we just plain hate each other. I'm thinking the reason this thread has gone so long is that SCSU fans just like to see themselves type.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin Wildcat View Post
                              It seems as though the only time a Northern game thread goes this long is when they play the Huskies.....Tech or St Cloud. The reason the Tech/NMU threads go so long is we just plain hate each other. I'm thinking the reason this thread has gone so long is that SCSU fans just like to see themselves type.
                              I think we Hsuky fans jsut want to keep telling ourselves our team really can win a NCAA game and if we type it enough it just might happen.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                And I'm loving all the Western UP references.
                                Except for the Hodags, which are in northern Wisconsin.

Oh, what the hell. Northern Wisconsin might as well be the UP anyway.
                                sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                                streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                                TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Working...
                                X