Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
    Minus the cupcakes you mention, NMU is 3-0-2 against the WCHA this season with two of those wins at Duluth and Minnesota. Granted they should have had a clean sweep against Tech (1-0-2) You may also want to consider that NMU (with much of this years team) also swept Wisconsin in Madison last season so you cannot affort to take the Wildcats lightly.

Looking forward to the game this weekend. Hope to have a couple of beers with fellas fans in Saint Paul. Go Cats Go!!!
    SCSU can't take anyone lightly considering the futile NCAA record.
    St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Nope just powerhouses like Michigan Tech, Minnesota, and Anchorage.
      Hey come on now, even we "crushed" Bowling Green 3-1 on our home rink this year!
      (Not to mention going 5-1 against WCHA powerhouses MTU and UAA).

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
        Hey come on now, even we "crushed" Bowling Green 3-1 on our home rink this year!
        (Not to mention going 5-1 against WCHA powerhouses MTU and UAA).
        I was hoping you guys would catch that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post
          When Hockey East wins their 36th National Championship, come talk to us WCHAers...And Wisconsin can concievably only face 1 HE team, and have a mini WCHA tourney the rest of the way..
          Originally posted by nuke View Post
          In the last 10 years WCHA 6, HE 3, CCHA 1. Any other stupid comments you wish to make?
          Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
          Note I said the last few years. Any other post you would like me to read for you?
          Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
          WCHA has been around way longer...
          K then only counting since 1984 when HE was established

HE: 6 National Champions
          WCHA: 9 National Champions and we had won 5 straight going into '84
          Originally posted by Mankato student
          Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
          "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
          -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
            Minus the cupcakes you mention, NMU is 3-0-2 against the WCHA this season with two of those wins at Duluth and Minnesota. Granted they should have had a clean sweep against Tech (1-0-2) You may also want to consider that NMU (with much of this years team) also swept Wisconsin in Madison last season so you cannot affort to take the Wildcats lightly.

Looking forward to the game this weekend. Hope to have a couple of beers with fellas fans in Saint Paul. Go Cats Go!!!
            So did Tech spot you two goals in the first meeting this year?
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Nope just powerhouses like Michigan Tech, Minnesota, and Anchorage.
              Your team managed a whopping .500 record against the Gophers in one of their worst seasons ever. Congratulations on that momentous achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                Your team managed a whopping .500 record against the Gophers in one of their worst seasons ever. Congratulations on that momentous achievement.
                Take a joke bro.

Comment

So BeloBrasil signs up just so he can harass Vermont suporters? Who the heck could even dislike Vermont? What is there to hate about them. I guess maybe you could argue they are too liberal, but they do make killer ice cream there.

Someone needs to get a life.

Pretty sure its an alias for one of the UML fans who after talking trash for the past 10 months about how their team will dominate all of hockey east, and especially the Catamounts find themselves out in the first round of the HE playoffs and missing the NCAA tourney. Just sour grapes, that's all.
                  Originally posted by Hokydad
                  Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I should probably rep DL for starting an NMU/SCSU thread now. This is ridiculous I'd much rather talk about the superiority of a pasty over a Hot Pocket!
                    sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                    streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                    TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                      K then only counting since 1984 when HE was established

HE: 6 National Champions
                      WCHA: 9 National Champions and we had won 5 straight going into '84
                      WCHA actually won 10 of 11 going into 1984, and also won 5 straight from 2002-2006
                      In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas
                      "It's a great day for hockey."~"Badger" Bob Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Ooops...I stand corrected.

Comment

Take a joke bro.
                          I did - for six months. It was called the 2009-2010 Gopher hockey season.

Comment

So you are going with a 3 year sample size to prove HE's dominance. Brilliant.
                            He doesn't want to go back to 2006 when Wisconsin beat, hmmm let me think back; oh yeah Boston College in the championship game and Maine in the Semifinals! What conference do they happen to represent? Hockey Least!!!

Looking back, Michigan State beat those same two schools in 2007 to win the title.
                            Last edited by Pucky-Bucky Backer; 03-25-2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                              Ok, we get it. You A) don't understand the pairwise and B) don't like Vermont.

Duly noted.
                              The irony is that I bear no disdain for Vermont. If it were any other Hockey East team similarly situated I would be as vehement in my objection to their inclusion as I am to Vermont's. It is not the Catamounts I dislike it is this blind adherence to the Pair Wise Rankings and the inequities practiced by the NCAA selection committee which I find offensive. Vermont just happens to be the fortunate/unfortunate beneficiary of the flawed process.

Someone (not sure if it is on this thread or not) surmised that like professional football any Division I college hockey team could beat any other Division I college hockey team on any given night. If one is a true follower of college hockey it is hard to argue with this logic. The foregoing being said, there is every likelihood that Vermont could conceivably win the tournament. My argument is that based on the totality of their season and their exceedingly poor showing within their own conference Vermont should NOT be rewarded with the opportunity to win the title.

In addition to the foregoing, the NCAA has established a de facto "caste system" relegating the Atlantic Hockey Association and the (now defunt) College Hockey America to second-class status while bestowing upon the CCHA, the WCHA, Hockey East, and the ECAC "most favored" status in the dissemination of bids. Again, is the NCAA selection committee totally blind? They consider the ECAC equal to Hockey East? Hockey East teams regularly have their way against their ECAC counterparts and no ECAC team has even been in the championship game in the last twenty (20) years (the last being Colgate in 1990). Yet, despite the ECAC's anemic showing over the last twenty (20) years the selection committee continues to reward the ECAC with multiple bids while begrugingly granting the AHA and the CHA but one bid (excepting of course this year where their hands were forced to grant two bids to the CHA).

To paraphrase "Dennis" (Michael Palin) from Monthy Python and the Holy Grail "COME SEE THE [INEQUITY] INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM!"
                              Last edited by BeloBrasil; 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM.
                              "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                                Be not fooled by the absolute trash that California tosses around. Happy cows most certainly do not reside there.
                                Amen to that. I wont buy cheese that wasnt made in Wisconsin.
                                As to the whole, "California happy cow" BS, the number of dairy farms in California has been in decline that past few years, so Im doubting all those cows in Cali arent as happy as theyd like us to think.
                                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X