Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
    Talk to me when a WCHA school wins an NCAA championship. Hasn't in the last few years. Fun fact: The last two seasons Vermont has lost in the post season, they have lost to the national champion. That will not be the case this season if Wisco beats VT. Wisco is going to lose to a Hockey East school somewhere down the line. Might as well get it over with early.
    In the last 10 years WCHA 6, HE 3, CCHA 1. Any other stupid comments you wish to make?

Comment

• Re: West Regional: #1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Vermont, #2 St. Cloud vs. #3 Northern Michigan

Originally posted by nuke View Post
      In the last 10 years WCHA 6, HE 3, CCHA 1. Any other stupid comments you wish to make?
      Note I said the last few years. Any other post you would like me to read for you?

Comment

And I am not hating on the WCHA. I am only hating on all the teams in the WCHA besides NoDak.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post
          When Hockey East wins their 36th National Championship, come talk to us WCHAers...And Wisconsin can concievably only face 1 HE team, and have a mini WCHA tourney the rest of the way..
          WCHA has been around way longer...

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
            Wisconsin is known as, "America's dairyland".
            Be not fooled by the absolute trash that California tosses around. Happy cows most certainly do not reside there.

Comment

I have seen Vermont play on TV a few times and in person - went to the series vs. BU in Burlington. Vermont won those 7-3, 3-2.

When Vermont plays well, it seems to me, that they score quickly - not a lot of controlling possession in the offensive zone for a long period of time and then scoring - but more of quick offensive possessions resulting in scores.

Since I don't see UVM controlling play in Wisconsin's zone for long stretches, that may be an advantage. And, Madore can be a lights-out goalie on any given night - see the back-to-back shutouts against #1 seed New Hampshire. (And we all saw how UW struggled against Lee when he was on the Final Five).

I'm not necessarily predicting a UVM win. If Vermont plays poorly and Wisconsin is at top of its game, could be 7-1 Bucky. But if the Cats are on and Wisconsin is not, a Cats win isn't going to surprise me.
              St. Norbert College Green Knights
              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              ---
              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                Note I said the last few years. Any other post you would like me to read for you?
                So you are going with a 3 year sample size to prove HE's dominance. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeydkjr22 View Post
                  Really high on Nothern Michigan Right now. Oliver is a stud hands down one of the best players in country. Greger Hanson if he plays the way he did in the CCHA tournament St. CLoud is in trouble. With 6 guys in double digits in goal this team can strike at any time. its gunna come down to Stewart in net i feel.
                  That's certainly impressive. But having said that, SCSU is still a deeper team than NMU.
                  St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    He can't be that good if you don't know his name. His name is Mark Olver. I think the CCHA stands for the CupCake Hockey Association, but even I know the dude's name. And we had 5 guys with double digit goals, and our conference schedule doesn't include games against powerhouses like Western Michigan and Bowling Green.
                    Nope just powerhouses like Michigan Tech, Minnesota, and Anchorage.

Comment

Originally posted by STCHuskies View Post
                      That's certainly impressive. But having said that, SCSU is still a deeper team than NMU.
                      Certainly offensively.

Of course if our top 2 lines score 7 goals on Friday you can take your depth with you all the way back to St. Cloud.

(The same could be said the other way around.)

Also we have some guys on our 3/4 lines who have been playing well lately in Pietila and Maltese.
                      Last edited by nmu_27; 03-24-2010, 09:57 PM. Reason: Stupid typo.
                      Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        Nope just powerhouses like Michigan Tech, Minnesota, and Anchorage.
                        Look at the BADger fan getting all the shots he can get in on Minnesota. lol

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                          Certainly offensively.

Of course if our top 2 lines score 7 goals on Saturday you can take your depth with you all the way back to St. Cloud.

(The same could be said the other way around.)

Also we have some guys on our 3/4 lines who have been playing well lately in Pietila and Maltese.
                          Good thing the teams are playing on Friday then.

Comment

Good thing the teams are playing on Friday then.
                            Indeed they are.
                            Embrace the hate.

Comment

Look at the BADger fan getting all the shots he can get in on Minnesota. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                He can't be that good if you don't know his name. His name is Mark Olver. I think the CCHA stands for the CupCake Hockey Association, but even I know the dude's name. And we had 5 guys with double digit goals, and our conference schedule doesn't include games against powerhouses like Western Michigan and Bowling Green.
                                Minus the cupcakes you mention, NMU is 3-0-2 against the WCHA this season with two of those wins at Duluth and Minnesota. Granted they should have had a clean sweep against Tech (1-0-2) You may also want to consider that NMU (with much of this years team) also swept Wisconsin in Madison last season so you cannot affort to take the Wildcats lightly.

Looking forward to the game this weekend. Hope to have a couple of beers with fellas fans in Saint Paul. Go Cats Go!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X