X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Just having some fun Tony
    Don't worry, I'm pretty sure for the most part the rest of us are too.
    There is a serious lack of respect for both of the lower seeds in this thread and in the respective favorites home threads
    Forgive us, but we really are as awesome as we think we are. Especially at hockey.
    so in my case I feel it's what they don't know that might hurt them.
    Luckily, I'm not going to be strapping on skates when I get to Worcester.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Don't worry, I'm pretty sure for the most part the rest of us are too.
      Fun? What are you talking about!

*****http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8881/177061d68e97f5e8457375eke6.jpg******

Forgive us, but we really are as awesome as we think we are. Especially at hockey.
      Well duh? I think this picture describes the BC hockey team well:
      *****http://www.nataliedee.com/012908/self-esteem-is-awesome.jpg******

Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture for this one (if anyone can please post). Sowwy.
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

No disagreement here, sorry to see BU miss the tourney, Joe Pereria is my neighbor. I think his younger brother is heading to the Terriers as well.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Just having some fun Tony, as townie not a gownie, I will allow myself to wallow in some BS before the real game. I would love to have a productive discussion with the fans of BC and UND about the offensive strengths of Yale and some of the disadvantages we face as the underdogs along with Alaska. There is a serious lack of respect for both of the lower seeds in this thread and in the respective favorites home threads, so in my case I feel it's what they don't know that might hurt them. One thing about Yale, we are certainly well rested.
          I don't think it's so much disrespecting your squad (except in Dirty's case, of course) as it is having a lot of confidence in our own right now. This team has shown tremendous resilience during a long and trying season; and, as in years past under Coach Hakstol, they are peaking at the right time:

The Sioux have won 12 of their last 13 games--all but 2 of those games were against TUCs, including the last 2 vs. #2 DU and #7 SCSU. During that stretch, UND has scored 55 goals (4.23/gm) and allowed just 22 (1.69/gm). So those are a few of the reasons we as fans feel pretty good about our 5th-seeded Sioux squaring off against the 9-seed in round 1. Doesn't mean we think Yale won't give us a game, it just means we think our team is ready for it.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
            Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture for this one (if anyone can please post). Sowwy.
            Looks like BC colors
            http://www.cgnews.com/images/article...l_headshot.jpg
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SIOUX4EVER View Post
              I don't think it's so much disrespecting your squad (except in Dirty's case, of course) as it is having a lot of confidence in our own right now. This team has shown tremendous resilience during a long and trying season; and, as in years past under Coach Hakstol, they are peaking at the right time:

The Sioux have won 12 of their last 13 games--all but 2 of those games were against TUCs, including the last 2 vs. #2 DU and #7 SCSU. During that stretch, UND has scored 55 goals (4.23/gm) and allowed just 22 (1.69/gm). So those are a few of the reasons we as fans feel pretty good about our 5th-seeded Sioux squaring off against the 9-seed in round 1. Doesn't mean we think Yale won't give us a game, it just means we think our team is ready for it.
              Excellent point and well taken. Believe me I was torn between the Bemidji match up Yale was supposedly to receive, and ending up against one of the hottest and best teams in the Division One. I am seriously looking forward to both match ups on Saturday and will be lucky enough to be there in person. Getting to cheer for Yale for the second year in a row in the premier event of college hockey says alot about the program and alot about the players and coach. I hope to see some close hockey, if Yale can't get the cycle going down low they will be in for a long night though.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

This is why UAF will win. Because the polar bear will destroy the earth but somehow an arena will still stand.

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8THGqrjUDGI&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8THGqrjUDGI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTeLCt61hec&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTeLCt61hec&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Excellent point and well taken. Believe me I was torn between the Bemidji match up Yale was supposedly to receive, and ending up against one of the hottest and best teams in the Division One. I am seriously looking forward to both match ups on Saturday and will be lucky enough to be there in person. Getting to cheer for Yale for the second year in a row in the premier event of college hockey says alot about the program and alot about the players and coach. I hope to see some close hockey, if Yale can't get the cycle going down low they will be in for a long night though.
                  I think your earlier point about not knowing what's coming is also true (at least for me it is). We don't see/hear a lot about you guys during the regular season, so our first reaction to the draw is fairly uninformed. Obviously you have faced tough competition this year as well and put together a solid season. I doubt the players and coaching staff are looking past Saturday...

It may be too early to start talking hockey in this thread, but what can we expect to see from the Bulldogs this weekend?
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Strangest thread ever.
                    Yale and NoDak fans fighting?
                    Didn't expect this.
                    George Bush went to Yale
                    Everyone done laughing yet?
                    I didn't think so

Comment

SIOUX!!

That's all.
                      Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                      http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                      Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                      Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                      Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                      All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by yhforlife View Post
                        What? North Dakota is a school? I thought it was some territory in Canada.
                        Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
                        i dont think you should talk about the "quality of your program" when your coach gets suspended for flipping off a ref and your captain only gets suspended for a weekend and keeps his "C" after a DUI... just a thought
                        Is this the best you can do? Obviously book smarts doesn't translate remotely to creativity.
                        but the Yale fans are making themselves look kind of dumb in this thread.
                        I'm guessing they're not used to the "tone" of WCHA/HEA threads.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          He's talking about Matt Greene, not Chay Genoway. While he may be talking about an event from five years ago, at least he understands word wrap. That's a plus.
                          That just further nullifies his point. I'd bet large sums of money that if we were able to search police records for every player in Yale history (since he needs to go back 5 years to find beef on us), i'm sure we'd find DUI's and other crimes all over the place.

I love making people eat their words.

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
                            That just further nullifies his point. I'd bet large sums of money that if we were able to search police records for every player in Yale history (since he needs to go back 5 years to find beef on us), i'm sure we'd find DUI's and other crimes all over the place.

I love making people eat their words.
                            you're an idiot dolan... first of all, if you were a real college hockey fan and noticed my name "superfan" then you'd realize i'm a bc fan... second, my point is that this kind of stuff doesn't fly at schools like bc... obv every program has incidents like dui's and drug use that we may/may not know about because we're still talking about 18-23 year old kids (probably not the coach waving his middle finger tho) but jerry york's not gonna tolerate it no matter who it is whether it's his best player or his 4th line winger (see bm and o'h in oct 07)... and finally, what are you even talking about???????... search police records blah, blah, blah.... get a life!!!

"i love making people eat their words"..... most ndakota fans ive talked to at frozen fours through the years know hockey and know their program's history... you didn't even get what or whom i was referring to.... get off the bandwagon guy you don't belong.
                            NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                            HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                            BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
                              you're an idiot dolan... first of all, if you were a real college hockey fan and noticed my name "superfan" then you'd realize i'm a bc fan... second, my point is that this kind of stuff doesn't fly at schools like bc... obv every program has incidents like dui's and drug use that we may/may not know about because we're still talking about 18-23 year old kids (probably not the coach waving his middle finger tho) but jerry york's not gonna tolerate it no matter who it is whether it's his best player or his 4th line winger (see bm and o'h in oct 07)... and finally, what are you even talking about???????... search police records blah, blah, blah.... get a life!!!

"i love making people eat their words"..... most ndakota fans ive talked to at frozen fours through the years know hockey and know their program's history... you didn't even get what or whom i was referring to.... get off the bandwagon guy you don't belong.
                              You defended Mr. Yale, so I assumed you were his Ivy league butt buddy or something, sorry I didn't draw the connection to the "superfan" name. Guess I don't understand the whole thing because we don't need gimmicks to get fans to attend games around here. I grew up by the Twin Cities and have attended UND for 3 years, so i'm a newer fan. It's kind of hard to have a "bandwagon" when you contend every year.

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
                                You defended Mr. Yale, so I assumed you were his Ivy league butt buddy or something, sorry I didn't draw the connection to the "superfan" name. Guess I don't understand the whole thing because we don't need gimmicks to get fans to attend games around here. I grew up by the Twin Cities and have attended UND for 3 years, so i'm a newer fan. It's kind of hard to have a "bandwagon" when you contend every year.
                                i defended "mr. Yale" because i dont think (and you've pretty much proved it) you have any idea what you're talking about.... i have no problem with trash talking but at least try and make sense about it.... if a maine or a vermont fan wants to start something with you about ndakota then feel free to question the integrity of their programs (although both those incidents were under different coaches and in maine's case 15 years ago) but why do it to a yale fan???... yes ndakota has won 7 national titles and yale hasn't won any... YOU GO TO NDAKOTA TO PLAY HOCKEY!!!! yale can't give athletic scholarships (although im sure theres some "grant" money thrown around) and is not a sign up school.... a ndakota fan should realize their team SHOULD beat a school like yale almost every time they play.

i understand that you're a new fan but it's not usually a good idea to challenge someone's knowledge of their own team when they don't know it themselves.... that's called being a hypocrite....anyways, i think i made my point and will let it go from here but i hope you learned something from all of this.

.....and btw, if it's any consolation, i do expect ndakota to beat yale and bc this weekend and get to detroit (i hope i'm wrong tho) because i think they're playing really well and will match up well w/ bc... this year
                                NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                                HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                                BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Working...
                                X