Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Well it looks like a little change was made to send Michigan to Fort Wayne. Should be some fun games.

Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

lets go miami

Comment

I'm sorry in advance to the few Michigan posters I've met here whom I like, but this is disgusting. Screw attendance. So now Miami gets the #1 seed overall, and they get to play a "road" game with 8000 Michigan fans in attendance?!
      "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Wow, we got hosed by the selection committee. Michigan instead of Yale? Compromising bracket integrity for a sham reason.

Screw it, we'll just have to win the whole f------- thing.

Comment

The way Michigan has been playing lately we'd have to face them sooner or later if we intend win it all anyway.
          You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
          GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
            The way Michigan has been playing lately we'd have to face them sooner or later if we intend win it all anyway.
            Its the principle of the whole thing ok

Comment

If we do meet Michigan in Ft. Wayne, this past Friday's loss should give them enough motivation (beyond the FF itself) to at least show up this time. If Miami is playing up to potential (particularly on defense), I am confident we can shut down the Wolverines.

Of course, two days ago I assumed the Mason Cup would be enough motivation, too...
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                I'm sorry in advance to the few Michigan posters I've met here whom I like, but this is disgusting. Screw attendance. So now Miami gets the #1 seed overall, and they get to play a "road" game with 8000 Michigan fans in attendance?!
                We beat Michigan twice in Ann Arbor earlier in the year. Last year we beat Denver and Duluth in front of pro-WCHA sellouts. Three years ago we beat UNH in New Hampshire. I don't think the attendance will be a factor. Miami should have a good amount of fans in Fort Wayne, most people don't want to travel to the hole that is Detroit like last weekend. Plus we just saw Michigans best team of the season, they just saw our worst, and we were still only a couple bounces away from winning that one. Still confident about that potential matchup, either way, first things first, lets beat the Chargers.
                Last edited by mcfarljd; 03-21-2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Its the principle of the whole thing ok
                  LOL. My bad. Just trying to be objective, that's all. It would have been nice to see Mich. in the east and let Denver or Cornell beat up on them before our next shot at them. Then we could have rooted for an all CCHA Frozen Four. Boy, now wouldn't that start a river of tears from the WCHA & HE?
                  You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                  GO HAWKS!

Comment

Times and TV for the regional...

(1) Miami (Ohio) vs. (4) Alabama-Huntsville, 4 p.m. ET (ESPNU)
                    (2) Bemidji State vs. (3) Michigan, 7:30 p.m. ET(ESPN360.com)
                    Regional final, 8 p.m. ET (ESPNU HD)

Go back to selling the games to regional networks if you're only going to put it on the internet.

Comment

Miami is penciled into the final against Wisconsin, says former Wolverine and ESPN analyst, Sean Ritchlin.

My guess is, Michigan will have to concern itself with getting out of the first game before worrying about Miami. Miami should do the same, considering how hacked off CHA fans/teams feel about the CCHA. This was the only regional where attendance was a concern, so they pulled the attendance and proximity card.

FWIW, a certain Miami fan suggested that Michigan's depth and talent is down, anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        We beat Michigan twice in Ann Arbor earlier in the year.

Yup, and, like you said, you saw Michigan at its worst.

I don't think the attendance will be a factor. Miami should have a good amount of fans in Fort Wayne, most people don't want to travel to the hole that is Detroit like last weekend.
                        Maybe not, but for a national championship caliber club like yours, it shouldn't matter where the events are held, "hole" or not. Besides, Ft Wayne is closer, so that makes more sense than throwing out an insult.

Plus we just saw Michigans best team of the season, they just saw our worst, and we were still only a couple bounces away from winning that one.
                        I think Miami's play was fine until the third period. Then again, they got extended by OSU on home ice, too, and lost to UNO at home-so it seems to be a trend of uninspired play. But Michigan owned Miami in that game save for the first ten minutes. I wouldn't say they were only a few bounces from winning when they trailed the whole game and got trucked in the third period.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          Maybe not, but for a national championship caliber club like yours, it shouldn't matter where the events are held, "hole" or not.
                          Anyone familiar with Miami's program will tell you that we have a great, dedicated fan base, but we are not Michigan. The numbers and long standing fan base are just not there. The 8,000 people Michigan packs into a neutral site game is 50% of our undergraduate enrollment. And lets be fair the 40 minute drive for Michigan students is a little more economical then the 4 hour trek from Oxford hence most of the students I know were saving their money to go to Fort Wayne.
                          Last edited by MUhawks628; 03-21-2010, 12:39 PM.

Comment

and lost to UNO at home-so it seems to be a trend of uninspired play
                            Didn't Michigan get swept by UNO?

But Michigan owned Miami in that game save for the first ten minutes. I wouldn't say they were only a few bounces from winning when they trailed the whole game and got trucked in the third period.
                            Yes we didn't play well, but with all the posts that we hit and Hunwick leaving out 3726 rebounds in front of the net that hopped over our sticks, that game still could have gone either way. Those 3 quick goals in the 3rd hurt, but up until that point it was still a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              Anyone familiar with Miami's program will tell you that we have a great, dedicated fan base, but we are not Michigan. The numbers and long standing fan base are just not there. The 8,000 people Michigan packs into a neutral site game is 50% of our undergraduate enrollment. And lets be fair the 40 minute drive for Michigan students is a little more economical then the 4 hour trek from Oxford hence most of the students I know were saving their money to go to Fort Wayne.
                              I'll bet a 12 ounce beverage that BSU has more fans at the regional than Miami. They did at last years FF.
                              No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X