Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Regional: #1 Denver v. #4 RIT; #2 Cornell v. #3 New Hampshire

Go!

Games at 3:30pm and 6:30pm on Friday; final game on Saturday at 7pm.
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Re: East Regional: #1 Denver v. #4 RIT; #2 Cornell v. #3 New Hampshire

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    Go!

Games at 3:30pm and 6:30pm on Friday; final game on Saturday at 7pm.
    Just to be more specific: Denver-RIT is at 3:30 and Cornell-UNH at 6:30.

Comment

The bracket has RIT-DU at 3:00 (with CU-UNH @ 6:30). Sorry to be even more specific!

Nice to see CU in Albany too. I'll enjoy seeing all the games there! A CU-RIT regional final would be a good time in Albany.
      -M

Comment

How many fans can Cornell, RIT, and UNH bring to Albany?

I would guess 50-100 fans for Denver, and no band.

What do you think for total attendance?

Comment

Red v Orange, Red v Blue

I hope UNH has overcome its aversion to winning against teams in red!

I pick Cornell over Denver 3-2.
          Originally posted by state of hockey
          Tecate tonight. Haha!
          Ugh. That was a bad idea.
          Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

Comment

Goals will be at a premium - 3 of the best statistical goalies in the NCAA here.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I would think that this bracket would create a real nice boost to attendance -- I wish the geography worked out this nicely when the regional was hosted here in Rochester. Cornell travels very well, I'd imagine UNH does too, and RIT should travel pretty well too. RIT has a significant alumni base in Albany, and it's near enough to bring the band and students, assuming the administration gets a trip together. It's hard to bet against Denver and Cornell, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                How many fans can Cornell, RIT, and UNH bring to Albany?

I would guess 50-100 fans for Denver, and no band.

What do you think for total attendance?
                I'd estimate Cornell brought around ~2500 for the ECAC tournament this weekend at the same venue. I don't know how much different that number will be for a NCAA game rather than the ECACs.

Comment

Three of the four teams have 3-3:30 trip to get to the TUC. The early start won't help attendance, but Denver fans will either be there or not - not really a matter of late... and I know absolutely nothing about RIT fans. Cornell UNH game will have no problems with attendance - we might even get extra food from the previous match-up!
                  Last edited by WildKitty; 03-21-2010, 12:29 PM. Reason: idiocy - constant and unrelenting
                  Tecate tonight. Haha!
                  Ugh. That was a bad idea.
                  Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

Comment

I'm looking forward to exciting hockey and a terrific atmosphere in Albany. It's great to see two New York state teams in their own regional. And how about the prospect of watching 4 Hobey Baker finalists in one day?!

Marc Cheverie and Rhett Rakhshani, Denver
                    Ben Scrivens, Cornell
                    Bobby Butler, New Hampshire
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                      I'm looking forward to exciting hockey and a terrific atmosphere in Albany. It's great to see two New York state teams in their own regional. And how about the prospect of watching 4 Hobey Baker finalists in one day?!

Marc Cheverie and Rhett Rakhshani, Denver
                      Ben Scrivens, Cornell
                      Bobby Butler, New Hampshire
                      Very exciting indeed - just hope UNH can get a quick goal - coming off of two shoutouts against a goalie with 3 straight!

Comment

The time of the game will be the biggest impediment for RIT fans. Attendance for our AHA semi final was 1800, with a 4 pm puck drop, and jumped to 3200 for the final on Saturday.
                        RIT Tigers
                        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                        Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

As a UNH fan i like the Cornell draw. We have played them once already this year. I agree with wolverine, if UNH scores first I am confident that can pull it out!!

I remember being at the 03' (i think) final four in buffalo, it was a great game against cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pet_Donkee View Post

I remember being at the 03' (i think) final four in buffalo, it was a great game against cornell.

I'm still trying to forget being at that game and the no-goal call that changed the course of the game.

Being a Cornell fan, I don't love facing such a high quality team like UNH the first round, but I also think that having played, and beat UNH at UNH gives Cornell a nice boost of confidence that they can beat these guys.

That being said...after '03, UNH will always scare me.

I don;t doubt there will be a nice Cornell showing. I know UNH travels well, but will many be able to make it there for a 6:30 start on Friday?

Comment

"BigRedTerrier?" As in, a fan of both Cornell and BU? Are you not aware that this is illegal? Are you also a BC fan in your spare time?

Comment

Working...
                              X