Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

I wish Union had gotten in.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Originally posted by SPCSMAN View Post
      Where is Bob Norton when you need him.
      Duh- UNH isn't there so he doesn't care.

Does it count if my team screwed itself?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLfan44 View Post
        This is not a '' my team got screwed '' reply(that was last year) but it is about a lousy Vermont team, that finished 8th in the hockey east and somehow was ranked 14th(because of the bs OOC record) and even worse was chosen over a much more deserving Ferris State(ranked 8th), they certainly got SCREWED.

So 2 years in a row UV has gotten in the dance undeservedly so.
        Good grief, UML should make all their students by stock in Kleenex so that at least they can't get something for all the crying they do.

I wonder which UML fan that's an alias for? One post, just to come on this thread and beetch about UVM...........
        2 years UVM got in undeservedly? So last year with their 22-12-5 record they didn't deserve to get in either???

This year with wins over the top teams in the country and going 6-1 in OOC they didn't deserve to get in either? But this isn't a "my team got screwed reply?"
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
          I wish Union had gotten in.
          And St, Clooud did? Fraud, I say!

Hokydad feels PC got screwed. They tied NU!!!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Nate86 View Post
            It is beyond me how anyone thinks Bemidji is an undeserving team. They are there because they earned it.
            Yes.

Originally posted by Nate86 View Post
            As Far as Alabama Huntsville, didn't they make it in the same way that Michigan made it, Having some hot games and winning their tournaments?
            Yes. But they didn't beat the #14, #1 and #9 teams to do it.

I also heard that Taco Bell has shrimp tacos now, too. Better than nachos?

Comment

The phrases "Taco Bell" and "shrimp tacos" should not be in the same sentence.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                Give me a break.

Well played!
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  ..... without pepto bismol being in that same sentence.
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UMLfan44 View Post
                    This ranking system s-u-c-k-s and conference games SHOULD MEAN MORE than OOC games, the rule makers have it backwards.
                    Yes, I agree.

We should rate conference games more highly. In fact, we should make conference games the only factor that matter for tournament play. If you can't get it done in your own little circle of friends, you shouldn't be in the tournament.

Yeah, let's rank every team by their in-conference winning percentage, and barring tournament autobids...

1 Miami
                    2 RIT
                    3 Bemidji
                    4 Denver
                    5 Yale
                    6 Cornell
                    7 New Hampshire
                    8 Wisconsin
                    9 Boston College
                    10 Union
                    11 Sacred Heart
                    12 St. Cloud
                    13 Air Force
                    AB North Dakota
                    AB Michigan
                    AB UAH

I like this field. Full of those who are truly worthy, and got it done in their in-season play.

Of course, Colgate and Minnesota-Duluth can complain that they got forced out by the fluke autobids of Michigan and Huntsville, but naturally, nobody's listening.
                    UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

• Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbie

Originally posted by tdzro View Post
                      I am a U Michigan fan, so I am impartial to the argument, but how did FSU lose out to Alaska despite finishing higher than Alaska in:

1) CCHA Conference Standings
                      2) RPI
                      3) KRACH
                      4) CCHA Tournament

The math formula must be hosed up if Alaska is in despite being behind FSU in all of these categories. Granted, FSU could have won to get themselves in, but what did Alaska do the last weekend to beat our FSU? Nothing and FSU was still ahead. There is something wrong with the formula IMO.
                      Ferris State even beat Alaska in their pairwise comparison.

However, here's where they lost out to Alaska: They had a bad record against teams under consideration. They went 6-10-3 against Miami, Alaska, Northern Michigan, Yale, Nebraska-Omaha, Michigan State and Michigan.

This lost them two comparisons with teams lower than them in the final standings.

The advantages of a fully transparent system include that a team bemoaning its fate can see exactly what it failed to do in order to get a tournament bid.
                      UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

• Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Maybe, haven't tried it yet. But you can't have a tunament w/o seafood.

Comment

• Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
                          1 Miami
                          2 RIT
                          3 Bemidji
                          4 Denver
                          5 Yale
                          6 Cornell
                          7 New Hampshire
                          8 Wisconsin
                          9 Boston College
                          10 Union
                          11 Sacred Heart
                          12 St. Cloud
                          13 Air Force
                          AB North Dakota
                          AB Michigan
                          AB UAH
                          So, North Dakota had to win or they wouldn't be in the tournament....just like Barry said

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            So, North Dakota had to win or they wouldn't be in the tournament....just like Barry said
                            Yup, although they were in a three-way tie for 14th with Minnesota-Duluth and Mercyhurst, and would have been a natural tourney team had there not been upsets by Michigan and UAH.
                            UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Seems kind of stupid to waste an AB on UNH! This is the NCAA tournament we all know what that means. CHOKE!

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post

We should rate conference games more highly. In fact, we should make conference games the only factor that matter for tournament play. If you can't get it done in your own little circle of friends, you shouldn't be in the tournament.
                                The "N" in NCAA stands for "National". Non-conference games are the only national yardstick we have of evaluating teams on a national scale relative to each other prior to the tournament. Granted, we in hockey have a cruddy small sample of non-conference games to compare teams (this is where NCAA basketball is so much better in with more non-conference games) but just using conference games as the deciders would not give us the requisite level of national confidence in seeding a national tourney.

The analogy here would be if all colleges threw out the SAT/ACT, and only used high school class rank to make admissions decisions. You'd have no way to measure kids nationally (or high schools nationally)...

Comment

Working...
                                X