Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
    St Cloud is still screwed from having to play at Yost in 2002.
    At least the committee went a little easier on them the following season, dumping them in Worcester with BU and UNH...
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
      And you'll play the afternoon game.
      Don't be such a whiney beech just because your team got stuck in the NCAAs.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by richl49 View Post
        If you really want to see the hockey newbies go to http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5012918

Scooby is needed.
        joelc10 (3/21/2010 at 5:28 PM)
        "Vermont making the tiurnament takes all creditability away from tournament. If you can't finish better than eighth in your own conference, you should not make the NCAA tournament, I don't care how tough your out of conference schedule is!!!!!!!"

This says it all. This tiurnament has no creditability!
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Also if you're incapable of adding 1 and 1 and getting 2, well, don't bother.
          I better shut the hell up then.

But my team did what it needed to do.
          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
            [B]This says it all. This tiurnament has no creditability!
            Shouldn't have taken out all those loans for championchip trophies.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
              I better shut the hell up then.

But my team did what it needed to do.
              Barely according to Melrose

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
                Barely according to Melrose
                Wrong thread.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

This is not a '' my team got screwed '' reply(that was last year) but it is about a lousy Vermont team, that finished 8th in the hockey east and somehow was ranked 14th(because of the bs OOC record) and even worse was chosen over a much more deserving Ferris State(ranked 8th), they certainly got SCREWED.

So 2 years in a row UV has gotten in the dance undeservedly so.

This ranking system s-u-c-k-s and conference games SHOULD MEAN MORE than OOC games, the rule makers have it backwards.

Or maybe UV has just bought the rights to be included in the best 16 teams which they are clearly not even close!

Nothing against UV or their fans, i am just pointing out the injustice to the rest of the more deserving teams.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLfan44 View Post
                    This ranking system s-u-c-k-s and conference games SHOULD MEAN MORE than OOC games, the rule makers have it backwards.
                    I'd love to see the logic on this one.

A cross-section of games against opponents from varying conferences is going to be much more indicative of a team's skill as opposed to a cross-section of games against a set of insular opponents.

Comment

This is not a '' my team got screwed '' reply(that was last year) but it is about a lousy Vermont team, that finished 8th in the hockey east and somehow was ranked 14th(because of the bs OOC record) and even worse was chosen over a much more deserving Ferris State(ranked 8th), they certainly got SCREWED.

Or maybe UV has just bought the rights to be included in the best 16 teams which they are clearly not even close!

Nothing against UV or their fans, i am just pointing out the injustice to the rest of the more deserving teams.
                      Where is Ferris ranked 8th?

Anyway, maybe Ferris should have played better OOC teams than Canisius, Robert Morris, and UConn.

Beating NMU in the CCHA tourney (or Miami in the consolation game) might have helped, too.

UVM is deserving based on their OOC record (which includes the wins over UNH in the quarterfinals).

The system has some flaws, true (I believe it was two years ago when losing/tying the CCHA consolation game was better for Notre Dame than if they'd actually won), but to say a team's OOC record is bs is just ludicrous.
                      -Fred Shero

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbie

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        Simple math.
                        I am a U Michigan fan, so I am impartial to the argument, but how did FSU lose out to Alaska despite finishing higher than Alaska in:

1) CCHA Conference Standings
                        2) RPI
                        3) KRACH
                        4) CCHA Tournament

The math formula must be hosed up if Alaska is in despite being behind FSU in all of these categories. Granted, FSU could have won to get themselves in, but what did Alaska do the last weekend to beat our FSU? Nothing and FSU was still ahead. There is something wrong with the formula IMO. Another instance:

Before Friday UM was 16th, MSU was 17th PW.
                        Friday night UM knocked off the #2 ranked Miami squad.
                        The PW after that night's games had UM behind MSU. Just bizarre IMO.
                        Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post

The system has some flaws, true (I believe it was two years ago when losing/tying the CCHA consolation game was better for Notre Dame than if they'd actually won), but to say a team's OOC record is bs is just ludicrous.
                          Technically it was that Notre Dame had to either win or lose the consolation game to make the NCAA tournament. Only a tie would have knocked them out of the tournament. Trying to follow the logic of why a loss would have gotten them in is absolutely hilarious. There's your system that picked these teams.

Notre Dame ended up losing 2-1, but hit a goalpost with about 90 seconds left on a potential game-tying goal. I've always wondered what would have happened if they had tied it up.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbie

Such a bitter UML fan....never see any of those But seriously, just because your team hasnt lived up to expectations the past few years isn't an excuse to ***** about another team's success. UVM deserved to get in the past two years, and this year more notably due to their OOC record of 6-1

Comment

Originally posted by baalbrec View Post
                              The Badgers didn't get screwed, so I'm going to have to adopt UND as my "got screwed" school for the week.

It's hard to think that UND's reward for winning the WCHA title is to have to fly out east and get stuck in BC's bracket on BC's turf, while the team they beat gets to play in St. Paul in front of a home town crowd. I know simple math was the real culprit in this deal, but still..... If UND loses yesterday maybe they play in front of their fans in St. Paul and One and Done U gets sent east (disclaimer: I have not run the math to see what the PWR results would have been for that scenario).

On second thought, maybe UND should feel lucky to be in at all. As Melrose said, if they didn't win yesterday they wouldn't have gotten in.
                              I have never seen a single fan score a goal for the home team, so it really isn't a disadvantage if you don't have as many fans present...

Seriously, UND did get hosed slightly, but anyone can beat anyone at tourney time, so ya just get to deal with it, play your games, win your game, move on. Nothing we can do about it. I am a UM fan and everyone says that we got an advantage, but being seeded with the #1 overall who we just beat (tough to beat the same team back to back) really might not be that advantageous. No complaints, go beat who you were assigned to beat, if not, season over. Just happy to be here after the season we had...
                              Go Blue!

Comment

BTW, for that Lowell fan's argument that conference games should be worth more than OOC games, the fact that UNH was 11th in the PWR at the end of the tournaments should be proof that the conference games mean plenty - they won just two OOC games this year!

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                Technically it was that Notre Dame had to either win or lose the consolation game to make the NCAA tournament. Only a tie would have knocked them out of the tournament. Trying to follow the logic of why a loss would have gotten them in is absolutely hilarious. There's your system that picked these teams.

Notre Dame ended up losing 2-1, but hit a goalpost with about 90 seconds left on a potential game-tying goal. I've always wondered what would have happened if they had tied it up.
                                Thanks, I knew it was something screwy like that. The fact that the system leaves a coach in that situation - down by a goal late in a game, and faced with either telling his team to go for it, or pulling them back in fear of a tie that would eliminate them, knowing a loss would probably get them in - proves that there are flaws. It is certainly better than the "smoke-filled room", and really, any system is going to leave someone unhappy.

Fact is, this system is impartial, not allowing the committee to look at a team's recent results (oh, "Last 16", how we miss you! ...sort of), and argue they should be in over a team that faltered down the stretch. It takes a team's entire body of work into account, not just the past few weeks.
                                -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                                X