Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Originally posted by richl49 View Post
    what's a Tunament?
    A tuna with good breath?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Where the auto-bid for the Big 10 Champ?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Before starting your own thread, please view this public service announcement.

Please allow this thread to serve as your place to complain about the PWR, the committee, the smoke-filled room or your misinformed views about why undeserving teams like Alabama-Huntsville, RIT and Bemidji stole your team's spot. This is also a good place to ***** about your coach, the referees, the RPI formula, KRACH and the entire process.

This version of the thread even promises entertaining topics such as the Big Ten Hockey Conference, Joe Thornton being traded, Giada's Melons, Merrimack being kicked out of Hockey Rast, #26 Union, the playoff chances of St, Clooud, a symposium on the many hackings of Freddy Meyer and the always-popular college hockey video game.

We have the Waambulance standing by and extra tissues handy.

*****http://i28.***********.com/albums/c206/zimmie123/waambulance.jpg******
        *****http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/447/kleenex5e24f2crs1.jpg******

We also have several types of cheese to go along with whatever whine you prefer. We promise you'll get your just desevrings!

What are the odds this works?
        It is beyond me how anyone thinks Bemidji is an undeserving team. They are there because they earned it. As Far as Alabama Huntsville, didn't they make it in the same way that Michigan made it, Having some hot games and winning their tournaments?

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
          Where the auto-bid for the Big 10 Champ?
          Well, duh- that would be Michigan.

Wisconsin had to get the play in auto bid.

What I don't get is why Minnesota, Michigan State, and Ohio State did't get their semi-auto bids.

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbie

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            They're getting a bye into the Final Four to help attendance
            I'm sure WSU's 75 fans will put Ford Field attendance over the top.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbie

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
              Simple math.
              Yea I know, simple math. Better overall record then Alaska, higher finish in regular season standings, higher RPI, more wins over TUCs but it always comes back to that simple math. And yes I know Alaska won the head to head, I guess that is the simple math portion of it.

Comment

How can a podunk Fooper STD-infested teacher's college with admissions standards of "color inside the lines" make it to the dance, yet a world-renowned Upper Peninsula engineering school with 3 NCAA championships, a brazillion Frozen Fours and one of the most legendary coaches to grace the sport sits home?

FIRE JAMIE RUSSELL!
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  How can a podunk Fooper STD-infested teacher's college with admissions standards of "color inside the lines" make it to the dance, yet a world-renowned Upper Peninsula engineering school with 3 NCAA championships, a brazillion Frozen Fours and one of the most legendary coaches to grace the sport sits home?
                  But enough about Lake State - they jobbed Michigan Tech too.
                  Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                  I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                  Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by richl49 View Post
                    If you really want to see the hockey newbies go to http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5012918

Scooby is needed.
                    I'll take solace in the fact that here on USCHO most everyone can add 1 and 1 and get 2.

Over on ESPN from what I read they can't add.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Tech got screwed, big time. I am outraged! Rabble rabble rabble!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        I'll take solace in the fact that here on USCHO most everyone can add 1 and 1 and get 2.

Over on ESPN from what I read they can't add.
                        I just read the ESPN comments...they can't add or subtract. I particularly like the guy commenting that Maine was in the top 3 of HE all year and that what does it matter what OOC schedules are for the tourney.. So it's like saying the Red Sox had the best intra division record in the AL East but got crushed by the central and west but because they had the best intra division record they deserve to go to the playoff's. So overall records don't matter...

Comment

Originally posted by Nate86 View Post
                          It is beyond me how anyone thinks Bemidji is an undeserving team. They are there because they earned it. As Far as Alabama Huntsville, didn't they make it in the same way that Michigan made it, Having some hot games and winning their tournaments?
                          For the uninitiated, here's a scientific explanation of how this thread works.

****** src="http://v.wordpress.com/wp-content/plugins/video/flvplayer.swf?ver=1.18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="224" seamlesstabbing="true" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" overstretch="true" flashvars="guid=Aq9Y9nAR&width=400&height=224&locksize=no&qc_ publisherId=p-18-mFEk4J448M" title="Whoosh Bottle Demonstration">
                          Last edited by PCM; 03-21-2010, 08:53 PM.
                          Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

I am perfectly content where my team was seeded, where they're playing, and who they're playing.

Shoot. Wrong thread.
                            Cornell '82

"The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe. I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink." - Carl McKee, father of Cornell Goalie, David McKee

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                              Why didn't they take note of that small college in Hockey East?
                              Personally, I think that "taking the defending Nat'l Champion to a 3rd game in the playoffs" should count more than that random Pairwise thing
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Has anyone posted on the ESPN.com board that the poles don't matter??
                                Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Working...
                                X