X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    any video tonight against the cadets????????
    As far as I know...there is no video. Sorry. If the game was at Kreitzberg we would have it for you on NSN.

Norwich's radio crew will be there as will Plattsburgh's and you can follow live stats through the Plattsburgh website but that's the best you're going to get I think. I'll be at the game and will probably be providing in-game commentary and updates.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

any video tonight against the cadets????????
      Who needs video, when you have Ducky???
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

thanks for the info, would love to watch the game, why doesnt platts have video?? is it because the students are not there??

Comment

thanks for the info, would love to watch the game, why doesnt platts have video?? is it because the students are not there??
          Partially. When the students are here and PSTV is running, the games are sometimes available on PrimeLink. But, as you've mentioned, students aren't here.

Comment

Man oh man; the night definitely started off a bit rough - but I'm glad to see that Plattsburgh rebounded quickly. Once the Cards settled in, they were ready to rock and roll.

http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...rwich-7-4.html

Comment

• Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
              Man oh man; the night definitely started off a bit rough - but I'm glad to see that Plattsburgh rebounded quickly. Once the Cards settled in, they were ready to rock and roll.

http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...rwich-7-4.html
              Norwich is not plattsburgh's arch-nemesis. Oswego is.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

the stats should be corrected tomorrow after the coaching staff watches the film from the game tonight but it was Ryan Corry who scored the empty netter at the end of the game not Dylan Clarke.... which helps my fantasy league!
                Jim Reisdorf
                Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Norwich is not plattsburgh's arch-nemesis. Oswego is.
                  Personally, I consider Oswego Plattsburgh's Conference arch-nemesis, and Norwich their Out-of-Conference arch-nemesis (though for a long time Elmira held that role).
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    Personally, I consider Oswego Plattsburgh's Conference arch-nemesis, and Norwich their Out-of-Conference arch-nemesis (though for a long time Elmira held that role).
                    I'm with you there. Oswego definitely has the historical edge, but Norwich ranks up there for me as well. Gotta love great hockey!

Comment

When you start 2-4 EVERYONE is your nemesis.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardinalSin View Post
                        When you start 2-4 EVERYONE is your nemesis.
                        Correct and not to look ahead but the first 2 conference games in February could get UGLY the way the Cards are playing
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

What does everyone think about Ryan Craig? Through three games he's posted three points, all of which have been assists.

I think having him on a line with Satim and Jensen will do some good. Nice move by Bob.

The first two games in the lineup, he seemed to be standing around a little bit out there. I saw some improvement last night. I think he's finally adjusted to the system.
                          Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                          1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                          21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

So I GUESS ??? Leis is the guy????????

Comment

Looks like the waters have calmed and the sailing is smoother. Hope things stay calm for the duration. Looks like they have a run in them.

Comment

Cardinals rally to defeat Norwich - {Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican 1/5/2011}

With 5:35 gone in Tuesday night's game against Norwich University, Plattsburgh State men's hockey coach Bob Emery had seen enough.

Emery called a timeout after the Cadets had jumped out to a 2-0 advantage with two power-play goals.

The timeout apparently came at the right time as the Cardinals got their act together and skated to a big 7-4 victory in non-conference play at the Stafford Ice Arena.

"This was a great win for us," said Emery. "It's tough to beat a team like Norwich twice in one year."

Norwich (6-4-1) took the early lead when Chris Duszynski tallied a power-play goal at 4:15. The Cadets then went on a five-minute powerplay and Scott Schroeder made it 2-0 at 5:35.

That's when Emery called his team together for a talk and the Cardinals were able to kill off the rest of the penalty.

"We have to stay out of the box," said Emery.

Eric Satim then gave Plattsburgh State (10-4-0) a lift on the scoreboard when he scored an unassisted goal with 11 seconds remaining in the period to cut the Cardinals' deficit in half.

"That was one of the two key moments in the game for us — having Satim score that late in the period," said Emery.

Daniel Cobb pulled the Cardinals even with 5:55 gone in the second period before Plattsburgh State goaltender Josh Leis made an outstanding glove save on Chad Anderson's point-blank shot following a Cardinal turnover to keep the score tied.

"Leis played a great game — he gave us a chance to win," said Emery. "He couldn't be blamed on any of their four goals and made some great saves when called upon.

"You're only as good as your goalie."

Vick Schlueter's goal from in close gave the Cardinals a 3-2 lead at 10:11, only to have Blake Forkey jump on a loose puck and pull the Cadets even at the 13:58 mark.

But, Kyle Taylor put the Cardinals back in front at 17:45 after getting a loose puck in front and Satim, who was all alone in front of the Norwich net, had plenty of time to deke Cadets' goalie Alex Dubois at 18:09 to give Plattsburgh State a 5-3 lead after two periods.

The Cardinals held on to the lead by killing off a two-man disadvantage that started late in the second and carried into the third stanza.

"That was the second key moment for us," said Emery. "Our penalty kill was weak early in the game, but we made some adjustments."

Nick Jensen put the Cardinals in front, 6-3, on a breakaway at 5:15 of the third.

Forkey's rebound finished off the Norwich scoring at 19:11 and Ryan Corry added an empty-net goal for the Cardinals with just one second let on the clock.

"We didn't get good leadership coming out of the lockerroom to start the game, but we got good leadership after that," said Emery.

"I also felt we did a good job on our forecheck. We forced them into making some mistakes."

Leis stopped 27 of 31 shots for the Cardinals, who were outshot by a 31-27 margin. Norwich held a 25-15 edge over the first two periods and Plattsburgh State a 12-6 advantage in the third.

The Cardinals, who won their eighth game in a row, return to home ice on Saturday night in a non-conference game with Elmira College.

Plattsburgh State 7, Norwich 4
                                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X