This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11

Lebonon Valley left the ecac west and now is a club sport. RIT is looking a d-1 switch. Now I have heard that Utica is seeking entry into sunyac. Anymore info on Utica?

Comment

Originally posted by adk46r View Post
      Lebonon Valley left the ecac west and now is a club sport. RIT is looking a d-1 switch. Now I have heard that Utica is seeking entry into sunyac. Anymore info on Utica?
      Well there's about 7 pages of info here

On to the game last night, it's so nice to see the guys really having some fun out there. Colin Bessy made some great saves to keep Skidmore even in the game in the first period alone. The lone Skidmore goal was off of a bogus call from the refs who couldn't get out of the way of the play if they were skating in the other rink. Skidmore had very few quality chances and were on their heals errr hooves for much of the night.

The defense and goaltending has really come around in the last 5 games allowing just an average of 2 goals a game during that time. Thats over 2.5 goals a game less then the first 6 games of the season.

Great Plattsburgh crowd there for the final game of the 1st half. 7-4, not exactly what we expected to see, but things seem to be turning around. Some big games coming up in January...Could face # 11 Neumann in the CC, #1 Oswego, #3 Norwich, #4 Williams and #9 Geneseo...toss in other games with Curry, Elmira, Middlebury and still three road games to Morrisville, Fredonia and Buffalo State (with Morrisville and Buff State still ahead of Plattsburgh in the SUNYAC standings). Of Plattsburghs remaining 14 games, only 4 teams haven't been ranked in the top 25 this season (Brockport, Potsdam, Cortland, and Fredonia) Lets hope this 5 game winning streak continues!
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

while we ended the semester strong , I fear that Leis could have a bad stretch at some point or even an injury and then what are we left with in the nets . Its my opinion that Williams will not return next year ...if he came here thinking that he was going to be a #1 Im sure he may find a program that will give him a shot and with 2 years of eligibility he may want to play . I also wouldnt be surprised if there are a few goalies on a short list for Bob to bring in at semester break . He has stressed keeping it out of the net and I think it is the teams defensive output as opposed to individual ability by Leis that is the reason for the recent success.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by CardinalSin View Post
          while we ended the semester strong , I fear that Leis could have a bad stretch at some point or even an injury and then what are we left with in the nets . Its my opinion that Williams will not return next year ...if he came here thinking that he was going to be a #1 Im sure he may find a program that will give him a shot and with 2 years of eligibility he may want to play . I also wouldnt be surprised if there are a few goalies on a short list for Bob to bring in at semester break . He has stressed keeping it out of the net and I think it is the teams defensive output as opposed to individual ability by Leis that is the reason for the recent success.

Any thoughts?
          I doubt Williams will be leaving his g/f at Plattsburgh State....Leis has really come on strong the second half of the first semester, and is part of the reason Plattsburgh is 7-4 now. Ryan could very easily be a starter at several DIII schools, but it comes down to the "me" factor or team factor. I don't forsee Ryan leaving any time soon. As far as Bob bringing in another goaltender, I think Josh has eased that in his perspective. Plattsburgh (especially in recent years) does not bring in "transfers" like other SUNYAC teams....having said that you could see some names NOT on the roster at the start of the second semester, but none of them are goaltenders that I know of. The defense has really turned things around the past 5 games or so, and the record shows. There isn't much "need" at Plattsburgh right now as long as they can continue to play with the effort and mental toughness they've shown the past 5 games. Another sniper wouldn't hurt...but we all know where the big transfer is going 2nd semester already....
          Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 12-08-2010, 07:16 PM.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

what team/s would that be that brings in transfers, teams that want to better themselves??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              what team/s would that be that brings in transfers, teams that want to better themselves??
              And to quote ACDC....money talks....this player was planning on transfering to Norwich or Plattsburgh until Gosek put this nice little package in front of his face......once again...money talks....congrats on another solid pick up....
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                And to quote ACDC....money talks....this player was planning on transfering to Norwich or Plattsburgh until Gosek put this nice little package in front of his face......once again...money talks....congrats on another solid pick up....
                ?
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

So here we are again with the never-ending issue of financial aid monies. I bring this up nearly every year, so why should the the 2010-2011 season be any different?

From what I can find out and from what others posted numerous times here, I have come to the conclusion that the local college administration at SUNY Oswego realizes what a great college--and community-- asset their hockey program is. And further, I have concluded that the local college administration at SUNY Plattsburgh has not come to this realization.

So it begs the question WHY ??

Many years ago there was a local radio editorial series entitled " Listen Here Plattsburgh", so listen here SUNY Plattsburgh, wake up and smell the coffee.

GO CARDS

Wally
                  Cornell '67

Comment

Originally posted by wallhd View Post
                    So here we are again with the never-ending issue of financial aid monies. I bring this up nearly every year, so why should the the 2010-2011 season be any different?

From what I can find out and from what others posted numerous times here, I have come to the conclusion that the local college administration at SUNY Oswego realizes what a great college--and community-- asset their hockey program is. And further, I have concluded that the local college administration at SUNY Plattsburgh has not come to this realization.

So it begs the question WHY ??

Many years ago there was a local radio editorial series entitled " Listen Here Plattsburgh", so listen here SUNY Plattsburgh, wake up and smell the coffee.

GO CARDS

Wally
                    Cornell '67
                    The saddest part is that the SUNY Plattsburgh had the right idea in years past (and I'm talking much more recently that 1987 - and much more kosher with NCAA legislation). Yet somewhere along the line, they seem to have moved on to what they se as bigger and better things (or simply lost the cajones to play the financial aid game).
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                        I can't wait until the day Oswego changes its financial aid policy, and then it is YOU complaining about the situation.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          I can't wait until the day Oswego changes its financial aid policy, and then it is YOU complaining about the situation.
                          Right after we win two more national championships (without being vacated), so we can have one more than our lovely friends in Plattsburgh.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            To what player are you referring to here Remy?

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                              FYI I played on the Oz 87 team that had tried to win within the rules, so dont tell me about who should be complaining.......Best of luck the rest of the yr......

Comment

If Emery doesn't want transfers, that's his problem. Our arch rival in Western, New York has four Division-I transfers that have been a nice addition to the program over the years.

Oswego can finish 27-0 after the SUNYAC's are said and done. Let 'em have it. They'll choke come NCAA time just like they did last year. They can laugh as much as they want because when it comes to National Championships, SUNYAC titles, All-Americans, and the all-time series record...Plattsburgh holds the upperhand on all of those. They get big headed because of those four straight wins over the PSUC. We'll see come January 29th.
                                Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                                1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                                21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Working...
                                X