This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11

Has Neitsch been hurt? I'm excited to see what Foley can do. I think its time to change it up and I think it might make both Leis and Williams step their game up.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
      Has Neitsch been hurt? I'm excited to see what Foley can do. I think its time to change it up and I think it might make both Leis and Williams step their game up.
      I'm not sure what the deal is with Neitsch or Falitico.... I do know that Bob has mentioned that someone had a 5 game suspension, not sure who or for what. hopefully we get to see both of them and the big defensemen Devereaux this weekend... Devereaux has a cannon from the point!
      Jim Reisdorf
      Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

I thought two of the three goals given up Saturday were pretty weak (although they were both on the far end of the ice and I didn't see them very well). That said, goaltending is not the reason they lost that game. They'd better get the offense to show some consistency or it won't matter who is in goal. They haven't been inspired to play in front of Leis or Williams so it probably is time to give Foley a look.
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
          I thought two of the three goals given up Saturday were pretty weak (although they were both on the far end of the ice and I didn't see them very well). That said, goaltending is not the reason they lost that game. They'd better get the offense to show some consistency or it won't matter who is in goal. They haven't been inspired to play in front of Leis or Williams so it probably is time to give Foley a look.
          Nevermind the offense. You're going to run into good goaltending once in awhile and Relkoff has shown the ability to stymie offenses before.

While I'll agree that two of the three goals were weak (both of the one's you're referring to at the far end of the ice), it's a matter of the defense. How do you let a guy skate end to end and get enough of a lane to even take a shot without ever having to set up on the power play (the first goal)? And on what turned out to be the game winner, the D have got to start being stronger on the puck. On the PK with no pressure from the other team on you, you can't be losing the puck behind your own goalie on your teammates' skates. Just sloppy D Saturday. The offense will be there. The D need to get themselves straightened up or its going to be a long, treacherous haul.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
            Nevermind the offense. You're going to run into good goaltending once in awhile and Relkoff has shown the ability to stymie offenses before.

While I'll agree that two of the three goals were weak (both of the one's you're referring to at the far end of the ice), it's a matter of the defense. How do you let a guy skate end to end and get enough of a lane to even take a shot without ever having to set up on the power play (the first goal)? And on what turned out to be the game winner, the D have got to start being stronger on the puck. On the PK with no pressure from the other team on you, you can't be losing the puck behind your own goalie on your teammates' skates. Just sloppy D Saturday. The offense will be there. The D need to get themselves straightened up or its going to be a long, treacherous haul.
            not to worry they wil get better this weekend with 2 lesser opponets coming in .....in turn may give them more confidence, and start a roll..........

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              not to worry they wil get better this weekend with 2 lesser opponets coming in .....in turn may give them more confidence, and start a roll..........
              "Lesser" opponents? "Lesser" opponents which are both allowing fewer goals per game than Plattsburgh, have a higher penalty kill percentage than Plattsburgh and each with goaltenders who have a sub-3 (buff state) and sub-2 (fredonia) goals-against average and plus-.920 save percentages, all better numbers than Plattsburgh goaltenders? Not sure how you can classify a team being a "lesser" opponent when they rank higher in all of those things -- other than the fact that you seem to think similarly to the USCHO poll voters -- as long as your name is Plattsburgh, you have the advantage.

Look, I'm not saying they don't have a chance this weekend. But the attitude that these are "lesser" opponents is exactly how you lost to a Geneseo and a Morrisville this early in the season. If you think like that and the team thinks like that, you can be sure they won't go 2-0 this weekend. Every team is a good team. There are no lesser opponents right now when you have to have a sense of urgency this early in the season.
              Last edited by nyi19; 11-17-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
                "Llesser" opponents? "Lesser" opponents which are both allowing fewer goals per game than Plattsburgh, have a higher penalty kill percentage than Plattsburgh and each with goaltenders who have a sub-3 (buff state) and sub-2 (fredonia) goals-against average and plus-.920 save percentages, all better numbers than Plattsburgh goaltenders? Not sure how you can classify a team being a "lesser" opponent when they rank higher in all of those things -- other than the fact that you seem to think similarly to the USCHO poll voters -- as long as your name is Plattsburgh, you have the advantage.

Look, I'm not saying they don't have a chance this weekend. But the attitude that these are "lesser" opponents is exactly how you lost to a Geneseo and a Morrisville this early in the season. If you think like that and the team thinks like that, you can be sure they won't go 2-0 this weekend. Every team is a good team. There are no lesser opponents right now when you have to have a sense of urgency this early in the season.
                Compared to who's coming in the following weekend, or say Oswego or Geneseo...yes they are lesser opponents. Having said that you are 110% correct. They need to come out and pretend they are facing a team like Oswego and not take for granted who is on the other bench.
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

On the topic of lesser teams I seem to recall a 7-3 loss to a Geneseo team that Buffalo just played to a tie last weekend.

Comment

Not sure who said it in another thread, but just wanted to stir up things around these threads for some fun, but anyway, I think Platts will have a good weekend against 2 improving teams that will firming up the whole SUNYAC conf., which will make for better hockey within the conf. and perhaps we can do even better out of the conf.

Comment

Cardinals lose aura in SUNYAC - {Excerpt from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican 11/19/2010}

For more than 20 years, Bob Emery has made sure his team never looked down on its opponent.

Entering the fourth week of the 2010 State University of New York Athletic Conference men's hockey season at 2-3, now is not the time to start for Plattsburgh State.
                      "The way we are playing right now, we are definitely beatable," Emery said. "Our leadership has to step up, and we have to fine tune a lot of parts of our game."

Buffalo State comes to Plattsburgh with a 2-2-1 record and a goals/goals-against ratio of 13-15.

The Bengals dropped their first two games to Oswego and Cortland before stringing together one-goal victories over Fredonia and Brockport.

They tied Geneseo, 1-1, last Saturday.

"Buffalo State is newly energized," Emery said. "They have lots of new players and play with a lot of emotion. They are well-coached."
                      "You can't be playing catch-up by two goals each week," Emery said. "I think we can't let up that early soft goal like we've done a lot because it puts pressure on us offensively."

Special teams played a big role in the loss to the Mustangs.

Emery said the power play worked really well like it has all season, but it didn't reflect on the scoreboard despite some chances early on, including a long power play on a major penalty.

The penalty kill, Emery added, was the real cause for concern.

"I was very concerned about the penalty kill and the lack of discipline there," he said. "There will be some players out because of that."
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I just returned home from downtown Plattsburgh. I noticed signs all the way up Rugar St. advising Men's Cardinal Hockey, Fieldhouse Tonight @ 7:00PM. At least an attempt is being made to spike student attendence.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Bill -- any chance you are going to be tweeting the game...or perhaps fb updates?

Comment

One word sums up the 2010-2011 Plattsburgh State Cardinals...ATROCIOUS!

I can't believe I pay $120 to watch this ****?
                            Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                            1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                            21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Been going to Cardinal games--home and away--pretty much all season-every season since 1987-88. Can't remember seeing two worse back to back performances anytime during that 23 year time span.

Maybe the conference is getting more competitive, but the 2010-2011 Cardinals surely aren't part of that competitive growth. At least not what we've seen so far.

If things don't turn around--and soon, it's gonna be a looong season with an early ending. Ugh

Wally
                              Cornell '67

Comment

Yikes...I cannot recall seeing the Cardinals this bad...ever. Granted, I've only been a fan since '97 but man...How could the night start off seemingly so right - only to wind up in a 6-2 train wreck? It seemed as if the game went from a confident, competitive team straight into a complete meltdown.

http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...burgh-6-2.html

I would like to hope that things turn around tomorrow night, but given how this season has started that may be wishful thinking. From my perspective, it looked like they were really trying to change things up some - and yet we have the same problems over...and over...and over...It's going to be a short season if we cannot get our defensive coverage under control and our goaltending stabilized.

On a somewhat related note, anyone know what the deal is with the frequent scoreboard malfunctions? It seems like the entire system continually goes bonkers once we are on the power play. Any idea if it's user error, or perhaps some other glitch?

PS - Hats off to the folks at the Stafford Arena for the slideshow/video before the game. It brought back memories of when that place was hopping with the light show and crowd energy for me (1997-2001). I thought we were potentially going to see the light show resurrected; but classic hockey footage and pre-game slides fit the bill, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X