X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
    Or perhaps the Mike Daoust award , to be presented annually to the player that most exemplifies the three qualities of Teamwork, Strength, & Dedication; as mentioned in an earlier post.
    That is already called the Chip Grabowski Award, which is given annually to the player who best typifies Cardinal Hockey, demonstrating supreme sportsmanship, leadership, hard work and dedication.

Comment

Any word yet on who will be coming to the Staff for the "Canadian Team TBD" exhibition game?

I figure if we're close enough to the season for the home page of the Cardinal Athletics website to include a countdown (to the second) to the Primelink Tournament, we must be close enough to actually know who our opening game is against

EDIT: Assuming we're playing a CIS team, the only teams available that night are:
      Brock University (St. Catherine's, Ont) - Game next night at Wilfrid Laurier (Waterloo, Ont.)
      University of Sasketchewan (Saskatoon, Sask.) - Games next 2 nights versus University of Manitoba
      University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, Man.) - See above
      University of Regina (Regina, Sask.) - Only team in all of CIS with no games listed for that weekend.

Since I doubt either Sasketchewan or Manitoba will be willing to play 3 nights in a row, with one helluva a trip after the first one, and I just generally doubt Regina will want to make that trip out here, my money's on Brock. But I could be wrong on Regina.
      Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 08-11-2010, 09:45 PM.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        Any word yet on who will be coming to the Staff for the "Canadian Team TBD" exhibition game?

I figure if we're close enough to the season for the home page of the Cardinal Athletics website to include a countdown (to the second) to the Primelink Tournament, we must be close enough to actually know who our opening game is against

10/25/2010 7pm - Concordia (Montreal)

Concordia Stingers website here.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Fast Facts About SUNY Plattsburgh
        Last edited by norm1909; 08-21-2010, 10:04 AM.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
          Well, it's rather difficult for me to figure out who's available when they went and changed the date on me.

Apparently Concordia was up for another shellacking
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Sweet, go everyone! Loyola/SGW will likely be obliterated once again, but I'm just happy they'll be here
            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
            Some National Championships:
            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
              Sweet, go everyone! Loyola/SGW will likely be obliterated once again, but I'm just happy they'll be here
              Dyce, you wouldn't happen to be a regular customer at the Subway in Peru, would you?
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                Dyce, you wouldn't happen to be a regular customer at the Subway in Peru, would you?
                Not even an infrequent one. Actually, I've never really known of any other Concordia students/alumni in the area (well, Vermont, but that's in a whole different Webb Region). Some McGill folks, certainly, but no other Stingers
                Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                Some National Championships:
                Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
                  Not even an infrequent one. Actually, I've never really known of any other Concordia students/alumni in the area (well, Vermont, but that's in a whole different Webb Region). Some McGill folks, certainly, but no other Stingers
                  We have a Loyola alumn who comes in almost daily, and gets the same thing every day (not a bad thing). He's one of the most pleasant regulars we have. Poor guy has a motor control difficulty something fierce, and I always feel bad for him when it takes him a minute or two to get his money out of his wallet. But he's almost always wearing a shirt that says Loyola College on it, and he's told me that he went there before the 1974 merger.

Actually, now that I think of it, I haven't seen him in a few weeks...
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

This has the POTENTIAL to be a step in the right direction:

PSU hires Assistant SID (Excerpt from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican 8-20-10)

Plattsburgh State Athletics Director Bruce Delventhal named Stephanie Dutton to the interim position of assistant sports information director Thursday. Dutton replaces Julia Hada, who left in June for her alma mater Heidelberg University.
                    She comes to Plattsburgh State from the world of minor league baseball. She was an assistant in the ticket and marketing offices for the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, the Triple-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies.
                    During her undergraduate years, the Plattsburgh native worked for the Cardinals as an administrative assistant and student manager at the Field House. Dutton executed men's hockey ticket sales, oversaw student game-day personnel, assisted in athletic department reconciliations, organized arena advertising contracts and helped in the administration of NCAA and conference tournaments.

Dutton also has work experience with the Binghamton Mets, Cortland Alumni Ice Arena and USA Hockey Development Camps
                    Also here.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

This has the POTENTIAL to be a step in the right direction:

PSU hires Assistant SID (Excerpt from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican 8-20-10)

Also here.
                      cool maybe next yr at the stafford you will be able to bring in a noise maker......gotta support the team ( pudy )........ besides yourperson.........lets get ready to rumble

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        cool maybe next yr at the stafford you will be able to bring in a noise maker......gotta support the team ( pudy )........ besides yourperson.........lets get ready to rumble
                        Doubtful...Dipinthal is still there...
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Word is a student band might be in the works... perhaps with some townie help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                            Word is a student band might be in the works... perhaps with some townie help.
                            Now that would be interesting.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

i thought plattsburgh were getting new home jerseys this year?

Comment

Originally posted by kylemiller View Post
                                i thought plattsburgh were getting new home jerseys this year?
                                Indeed they are.

Burghy is also getting an updated look. Check out the new Burghy costume: *****http://www.cardinalhockey.net/newburghy.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X