Northeastern Huskies 2010 Offseason: Lots of home ice now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern Huskies 2010 Offseason: Lots of home ice now

.. what a season. Several league teams finishing right around .500 (including us). One W or even a tie.. might have been a different group this wknd. Well, that is the past. Congrats to Maine & BC for making it to the finals.

It'd be nice to be in a position nxt season to try lock up home ice.. have a chance to return to the Garden.

Now with Rawlings sticking around (if the chatter is true)... i think we have a good shot.

Let the plan begin...
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2010 Offseason: Lots of home ice now

I saw Rawlings last night and asked if he knew of anyone leaving the team. He mentioned Jake Newton which we all know already, then said he had offers but enjoys college so he'll stick around. It sounded like there aren't any others with offers or at least thinking about leaving if there are offers, but it's only March.
    Go Huskies!

Comment

I hope we don't lose anyone else, it seems that most other Hockey East teams are losing a lot of top talent, and we are losing relatively little (though the ones we're leaving will hurt). My main concern is the defense, we're losing 3 defensemen, arguably our best 3 defensemen too. Luckily we're keeping most of our offense, and getting some more good offense too. Hopefully with Rawlings and Witt we'll have good goaltending, and our offense should hopefully pick up some slack.

Comment

NUHuskies.. on Rawlings, i am going to re-post my earlier comment from the last thread today, as it is more appropriate here.

Thnks for clarifying/ confirming the news on him.

Great decision if he sticks by it. I think he will mature a ton nxt yr & improve his overall skills. I can see him helping us tremendously & his game. His stock will rise (my opinion).

Far as lving for the pro ranks.. can't blame him or anyone else at any year.. (if they have a shot). Jordan Schroeder just left after 2 yrs of play & he would've had a contract had he stayed, but decided otherwise. And Minny is a solid school. If you're not in their shoes.. tough passing judgement one way or another.

I am glad Rawlings will be in a Husky uniform nxt season
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

If I remember correctly, weren't we talking about recruiting too many defensemen last year (including people who started this past year and were getting recruited for next season)? Not that we want to have tons of freshman d-men, but those are better than no d-men.

In other news, Kraemer signed with the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL. Heres the link: http://www.wingsstadium.com/news/201...ingsaddtwo.htm
          Last edited by NUHuskies; 03-21-2010, 12:21 AM. Reason: post link
          Go Huskies!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Maley got up and left a la Nycholat, I can't imagine him seeing any ice time next year.
            Arenas Attended
            Matthews Arena
            Agganis Arena
            Tsongas Arena
            Lawler Arena
            Schneider Arena
            Mullins Center
            TD Banknorth Garden
            Conte Forum
            Whittemore Center
            Gutterson Fieldhouse
            Alfond Arena
            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

I'd imagine if Maley stayed healthy he could be seeing some playing time, we don't seem to have a lot of defensive depth for next year

Comment

Originally posted by NUHuskies View Post
                ..In other news, Kraemer signed with the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL. Heres the link: http://www.wingsstadium.com/news/201...ingsaddtwo.htm
                I am going to miss him a lot on our PP nxt season.
                Seemed like (especially second half of the season).. if he had a good look at net.. those onetimers - money!
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Guzior is returning next year, correct? I assume he will be playing defense again if he does

Comment

..besides Guzior, what about Mike Power? I know he was finally eligible around the time of the last Lowell gm.. then, nothing.

I'm sure he'd be up & ready for action nxt season. If anyone has any insight.. much appreciated.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Doghouse12 View Post
                      Guzior is returning next year, correct? I assume he will be playing defense again if he does
                      Guzior is not playing defense on this team next year, and I dont think he is coming back.
                      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                        Guzior is not playing defense on this team next year, and I dont think he is coming back.
                        Why not?
                        Originally posted by Bakunin
                        Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Anyone know our OOC schedule besides the pot of beans?

I know there is that MSG game, pumped, would CC come out here for 2?

I heard we are playing bentley again (yuck) but I also heard RPI is coming to town.

Can anyone confirm/deny/add?
                          Arenas Attended
                          Matthews Arena
                          Agganis Arena
                          Tsongas Arena
                          Lawler Arena
                          Schneider Arena
                          Mullins Center
                          TD Banknorth Garden
                          Conte Forum
                          Whittemore Center
                          Gutterson Fieldhouse
                          Alfond Arena
                          Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                            Anyone know our OOC schedule besides the pot of beans?

I know there is that MSG game, pumped, would CC come out here for 2?

I heard we are playing bentley again (yuck) but I also heard RPI is coming to town.

Can anyone confirm/deny/add?
                            who are we playing at MSG?

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                              who are we playing at MSG?
                              cornell, i think

Comment

Working...
                              X