Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Selection Show

What time does this occur on Sunday?

Always interesting to see if Moy's Bracketology ends up being correct, as well as what kind of uninformed losers ESPN puts on the screen.

Re: NCAA Selection Show

11:30AM Eastern, the Deuce

Comment

11:30 tomorrow morning of ESPN 2.

Comment

This show in my opinion is anti-climatic. After today 99% of the teams already know if they are in the NCAA tourney. Maybe they should just discontinue the selection process and televise repeats of pumpkin pushing.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by retrorunner View Post
          what kind of uninformed losers ESPN puts on the screen.
          This is my favorite part. There have been years when I've wondered if they even understand the PairWise. I also love when they mispronounce school and player names.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            This show in my opinion is anti-climatic. After today 99% of the teams already know if they are in the NCAA tourney. Maybe they should just discontinue the selection process and televise repeats of pumpkin pushing.
            It does serve its purpose. Jayson Moy is still the foremost Bracketology expert anywhere on the planet, but I don't believe he's ever gotten the bracket 100% perfect. There's always some minor, unexpected tweak somewhere and that usually gets revealed on the selection show.

It's not a matter of discovering who's in the tournament - they really ought to cut it out with the lame "are they in or aren't they" cutaways to the teams watching the show.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              It does serve its purpose. Jayson Moy is still the foremost Bracketology expert anywhere on the planet, but I don't believe he's ever gotten the bracket 100% perfect. There's always some minor, unexpected tweak somewhere and that usually gets revealed on the selection show.

It's not a matter of discovering who's in the tournament - they really ought to cut it out with the lame "are they in or aren't they" cutaways to the teams watching the show.
              tweak=1% wrong

That is why I said 99% correct.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                tweak=1% wrong

That is why I said 99% correct.
                With only 16 teams in the tournament, your math may be slightly off.

Comment

Be happy we have a selection show at all and a reasonably transparent selection process underneath.

Into the pre-Internet early !990s, there were smoke-filled room politics, the bracket was revealed in the newspaper (if you lived in a hockey city) and there was a media conference call where the committee chairman usually avoided the tough questions by spouting platitudes such as "Team X played well, but in the end there were other teams that made for more a competitive bracket"

We have it great now!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    Be happy we have a selection show at all and a reasonably transparent selection process underneath.

Into the pre-Internet early !990s, there were smoke-filled room politics, the bracket was revealed in the newspaper (if you lived in a hockey city) and there was a media conference call where the committee chairman usually avoided the tough questions by spouting platitudes such as "Team X played well, but in the end there were other teams that made for more a competitive bracket"

We have it great now!
                    Agree for the most part - need to get some of the auto bids straightened out, which should happen next year. But removing the human element is the way to go 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by WILD E WOLVERINE View Post
                      Agree for the most part - need to get some of the auto bids straightened out, which should happen next year.
                      There wasn't any problem with the autobids this year. Either you were in favor of the CHA getting an autobid this season or you weren't before the decision was made, but once the decision was made we all knew what might happen. It's a ridiculous argument and it's obviously one we don't have to worry about anymore past this season, unless you're one of the kooks who think the Atlantic Hockey autobid is undeserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        There wasn't any problem with the autobids this year. Either you were in favor of the CHA getting an autobid this season or you weren't before the decision was made, but once the decision was made we all knew what might happen. It's a ridiculous argument and it's obviously one we don't have to worry about anymore past this season, unless you're one of the kooks who think the Atlantic Hockey autobid is undeserved.
                        well yes there was a problem - if you did not like it, mister ridiculous.

Comment

I have to agree with Red here. Allowing the CHA an autobid in it's last year was the right thing for the NCAA to do. The NCAA is not known for doing the right thing so we should celebrate that.

If your team gets left out because UAH played their way in - you should have played better or won your tournament.
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I think a better course of action would have been to give the CHA "guaranteed representation" instead of an autobid. That is to say, they only send their conference champion if nobody else in the league qualifies as an at-large.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              11:30 tomorrow morning of ESPN 2.
                              This is better then years past when it has been on ESPNU, that no one gets.

10:30 Central BTW
                              SCSU!

Comment

Working...
                              X