NCAA Championship Game: UMD Bulldogs vs. Cornell Big Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Championship Game: UMD Bulldogs vs. Cornell Big Red

Just wanted to say thanks for the updates. Following from my bberry. Husband agreed to pick me up from after the game. Sure hope it doesn't go as long as the UW-Harvard play-off game did a few years ago.

Comment

Great game. 5 mins left in 2 OT, still 2-2.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

epic
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Going to OT #3. Great, great game!

Comment

Announcers talk about Cornell's stamina....seems like they had the better of play after the 10 minute mark of the 2OT....UMD makes better play set-ups whereas Cornell looks to crash the net with the puck....just putting it on net..how can we get people that don't know about this great women's game, overall, not just this game, to realize hw great this stuff is? Brilliant stuff....

Comment

Going to the 3rd OT. Feels like Cornell should have ended by now. One bad bounce....
              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                If lick iis from tyhe WCHA, why is he doing the game? Should be a CHA or Hockey east ref set....at least the men have a non-conference ref do the finals......great for Cornell to do as well as they are...I'm sure they'll be bummed if they lose...for about 5 minutes with all the firsts they've done for the program....Go BIG RED.....
                Lick reffed the UNH-UMD final or semi-final a few years ago IIRC.
                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

I'm going to run out of space on my DVR at this rate. I've now extended the recording time 3 times.

Cornell got lucky to not get burned by the badly-missed offsides play at the end of OT #2. That wasn't even close.

In response to zoofer... both officiating crews this weekend were WCHA crews. Not sure it was the right decision, but it was the decision none-the-less. I would have liked to see someone different in the UMD-MN semifinal for a change.
                  Last edited by CrazyDave; 03-21-2010, 03:53 PM.
                  Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                  Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                  Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                    Announcers talk about Cornell's stamina....seems like they had the better of play after the 10 minute mark of the 2OT....UMD makes better play set-ups whereas Cornell looks to crash the net with the puck....just putting it on net..how can we get people that don't know about this great women's game, overall, not just this game, to realize hw great this stuff is? Brilliant stuff....
                    Really? Well lets see, its slow, we saw about 3 shots by each team that period, as you mentioned Cornell is playing with zero skill just trying so kick the puck in basically, and the one great opportunity UMD gets they go to slapshot the puck and it is an end over end flutter puck. You would figure after 20 years of play hockey you could hammer a slap shot that doesn't flutter. The shot reminded me of how bad some of mine were this morning. Until the game actually gets flow and the ladies can roof a shot naturally it will never get to the next level. Just my honest opinion.

That and your head coach wears that outfit. I mean what the hell kind of statement are you trying to make?
                    http://www.umdpenaltybo*****

2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                      Really? Well lets see, its slow, we saw about 3 shots by each team that period, as you mentioned Cornell is playing with zero skill just trying so kick the puck in basically, and the one great opportunity UMD gets they go to slapshot the puck and it is an end over end flutter puck. You would figure after 20 years of play hockey you could hammer a slap shot that doesn't flutter. The shot reminded me of how bad some of mine were this morning. Until the game actually gets flow and the ladies can roof a shot naturally it will never get to the next level. Just my honest opinion.

That and your head coach wears that outfit. I mean what the hell kind of statement are you trying to make?
                      1. You obviously don't like women's hockey. Why are you here? To tell those of us who DO like the game that it sucks?

2. zoofer isn't a UMD or Cornell fan.
                      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

because we've never seen a guy misfire on a puck

or the game slow down after playing 5 periods of hockey

...and no skill for cornell...would you be willing to play against them?

Comment

If you watched the D3 men's game yesterday that went almost 3 OT's there was less back and forth action. Remember they are going on two full games now. Even the D1 men wouldn't look as stellar at this point.
                          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

This game needs to end I have stuff to do!
                            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

thanks for the defense guys...Sober guy, I understand your comment about roofing from the blue line, and anyone here on this thread has seen some women do that...Birchard's winner against Northeastern for example made the water bottle jump...not every player can do everything
                              Isn't Ruggerio miles above AJ ?

Comment

For those keeping track on the Longest D-I Games thread... This is now #6 (9 minutes into the 3rd OT) and closing quickly on #5 and #4. The UW-Harvard game in question is #3 and went to a fourth OT.

EDIT: 112:28 has come and gone... This is now #5, and less than two minutes from #4.

EDIT #2: There goes the 114:13 mark. Now at #4.
                                Last edited by CrazyDave; 03-21-2010, 04:19 PM.
                                Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                                Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                                Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X