Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Puck Swami: Please ignore me if I'm being rude/nosey, but I'm wondering if you were in the bar of the St. Paul Hotel after the game Friday night? Don't know you by sight. Just curious.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      I don't know how much TV coverage DU gets, so they may be used to rolling four lines with TV timeouts. I noticed in watching the postseason tournaments that TV timeouts mostly let teams roll two lines with the third only going out maybe 20% of the time...

GFM
      Every game in the WCHA has "TV timeouts" by league rules.

DU can dictate the match-ups by being the "home" team in the Regionals.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        Every game in the WCHA has "TV timeouts" by league rules.
        Thanks. I figure, then, that each line skates that much harder because they know they're going to get a regular blow. Makes sense.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

DU rolled 3 lines most of the year with the 4th line used as an energy line. There were many games where Gwoz dressed 7 D and only 11 forwards. He would then double shift someone on the 4th line when he put them out there. As DU had some injuries on D for part of the season and has a number of frosh on D, Gwoz was able to rotate 7 d-men in those games to get them experience and to not have to rely on 1 freshman to take an injured vet's spot.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

DU drops to 3rd in the Inch Power Rankings behind Miami and Wisconsin. BC and UND round out the top 5.

Cornell at #6, RIT#15 and UNH#18.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

From the Toronto Maple Leafs website:
              "Tyler Bozak continues to emerge as a bona fide number one centre in the NHL. Bozak had his second straight multi-point Saturday. Last week he had three points against Edmonton this week two against Montreal.

Bozak makde a great play on Kessel's goal, chipping the puck off the boards to Kulemin who fed Kessel for the great goal. He was excellent in the faceoff circle, winning 15 of 20 draws and he was a very good part of the penalty killing unit that killed off five of six penalties."

Bozak started the scoring with a PPG in the first period.
              GP 27
              7-14-21
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                Puck Swami: Please ignore me if I'm being rude/nosey, but I'm wondering if you were in the bar of the St. Paul Hotel after the game Friday night? Don't know you by sight. Just curious.
                Wasn't me.

I was not in St. Paul this last weekend due to work commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                  Wasn't me.

I was not in St. Paul this last weekend due to work commitments.
                  Just playing a hunch. Must have been some other knowledgeable DU fan.

Comment

Must have been some other knowledgeable DU fan.

That describes all of us!

Comment

Just playing a hunch. Must have been some other knowledgeable DU fan.
                      Funny story. Back in 2004 I was down in Colorado Springs with my girlfriend to watch DU play North Dakota in the regional. We were eating at a restaurant when a DU supporter came up to us and said something like, "go DU, be loud tonight!". We had never met Puck Swami at the time, but my girlfriend turned to me and said, "that's Puck Swami". About a year later we found out that it was in fact the legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                        Funny story. Back in 2004 I was down in Colorado Springs with my girlfriend to watch DU play North Dakota in the regional. We were eating at a restaurant when a DU supporter came up to us and said something like, "go DU, be loud tonight!". We had never met Puck Swami at the time, but my girlfriend turned to me and said, "that's Puck Swami". About a year later we found out that it was in fact the legend.
                        Now I know why you are marrying her....

Comment

That describes all of us!
                          Well, except for that one poster who was defending Randy Schmidt.

Comment

Comment

Well, except for that one poster who was defending Randy Schmidt.
                              You gotta love the "Bull"

Comment

Her rack was that memorable, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X