Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Maybe some of the DU fans will look past RIT out of a lack of exposure, but I think the Denver team won't be looking past RIT one bit. Gwoz talked on ESPN about how RIT has done a amazing job in transitioning to D-I, under Wilson. With 16,000 students, this a school that can resource their growth and become a power program over time. They have terrific fan support, and it's going to take a strong effort from Denver to win.
    I don't think too many DU fans are looking past RIT. On paper, DU should win the game. In reality they are only going to win if they put in a full effort. Gwoz did not look like a happy camper on the selection show this morning. It is pretty much up to the players from this point on. They know what makes them successful and they know what makes them struggle. There are no coaching miracles at this time of the year. Do they want to play hard and continue their run to Motown or not?
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Just found a flight that gets in an hour before puck drop and booked the sucker. I'm going to be one of the 30-50 DU fans in the house.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        [U]
        DU v RIT
        Cornell v UNH

Melrose dissing Chevy and DU already, picking Cornell to come out of this bracket.
        Maybe that's a good thing! Remember last time he dissed us was in the 2005 game against UND. I don't like the appearance of UNH in this bracket as opposed to UNM. I don't like those guys, but neither does anybody from this state!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Dmann--I was just talking to my brother in VT and he was saying the same thing. He thinks those guys are ****ed off and will knock off Cornell. I think that it will be a battle. I liked the projected bracket better--but see why they did it, for attendance.
          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
            Dmann--I was just talking to my brother in VT and he was saying the same thing. He thinks those guys are ****ed off and will knock off Cornell. I think that it will be a battle. I liked the projected bracket better--but see why they did it, for attendance.
            I'll see you in Albany. I've spoken to a few people today who are going as well.

Don't believe they hype. They didn't just move the #3 seeds around because of "attendance issues." There was a huge donut in the Pairwise Rankings this year and the #7-10 teams were pretty "soft." By moving Michigan and UND to Miami & DU's brackets they also achieved a little more fairness in the proceedings.

Comment

Looking forward to it DG. I think the BC UND matchup should be a great game.
              Glad to see that Mike C is reporting that Nutini will be back. I would think Maiani would play with a broken finger too.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Glad to see that Mike C is reporting that Nutini will be back. I would think Maiani would play with a broken finger too.
                Maiani is doubtful for next weekend. Sounds like it is similar to what Colborne went through.

He should be back for the Frozen Four bif DU makes it.

Comment

Gwoz was interviewed on local channel 9's Sunday late night Overtime show tonight. He actually seemed in a good mood. He was asked about this weekend's games and attributed Friday's loss to UND wanting it more and also stressed how difficult it is to beat a same WCHA opponent 4 times in a season let alone 5. He pretty much blew off commenting on Saturday's game just saying that at times the team "was relying on their talent too much." He also said that they have put the weekend behind them and that the guys are very excited about this upcoming weekend. He said that it is kind of a breath of fresh air being in a regional with 3 teams they haven't faced this year and that the team knows that each opponent or pontential opponent is a good hockey team.

I was glad to hear that the team has moved on and is excited to get the NCAAs rolling!
                  DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                  sigpic
                  WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Is there a link to this story? I for one will be very interested to hear about injury updates this week. We have to have Maiani back!!!
                    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

Chevy after last weekend

“You’d like to win these playoffs, but I’d rather lose this and win the national title,” DU goalie Marc Cheverie said. “I hope that’s the trade-off.”
                      Maiani and Nutini Update from Chambers

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Jumping ahead a little bit but by no means what will happen. DU, Wisconsin, UND and Miami could all be in the FF. DU would face WI in the semis and could meet UND in the national championship. This is one of the possible scenarios that could play out.

Comment

I only skimmed the threads, so sorry if this was already covered. Assuming Maiani is out this weekend, who do we move up to the second line? My thought is Shore. Shore plays with Ostrow and Martin on the second PP so he has some experience with them and he's our most dynamic player not currently on the first or second lines.

The down side to this is that it puts essentially all of our eggs into two baskets. However, with TV timeouts we could run those two lines a lot and have the third and fourth lines be solely responsible for not giving up goals.

Edit: Another downside is that Shore is a center along with Martin. Not sure if this fact rules this out as a possibility.
                          Last edited by Cross-Czech; 03-22-2010, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                            Jumping ahead a little bit but by no means what will happen. DU, Wisconsin, UND and Miami could all be in the FF. DU would face WI in the semis and could meet UND in the national championship. This is one of the possible scenarios that could play out.
                            There are also 255 other Frozen Four possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                              I only skimmed the threads, so sorry if this was already covered. Assuming Maiani is out this weekend, who do we move up to the second line? My thought is Shore. Shore plays with Ostrow and Martin on the second PP so he has some experience with them and he's our most dynamic player not currently on the first or second lines.

The down side to this is that it puts essentially all of our eggs into two baskets. However, with TV timeouts we could run those two lines a lot and have the third and fourth lines be solely responsible for not giving up goals.

Edit: Another downside is that Shore is a center along with Martin. Not sure if this fact rules this out as a possibility.
                              It does.

I go with Glasser in Maiani's spot & just roll three lines until they get the lead. Use Vossberg on PK.

We don't want to overuse the first line against RIT.

Last weekend DU went with:

Rak-Ruegsegger-Colborne
                              Dewhurst-Martin-Ostrow
                              Gifford-Shore-Knowlton
                              Glasser-Vossberg-S. Ostrow

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                                It does.

I go with Glasser & just roll three lines until they get the lead. Use Vossberg on PK.

We don't want to overuse the first line against RIT.

Last weekend DU went with:

Rak-Ruegsegger-Colborne
                                Dewhurst-Martin-Ostrow
                                Gifford-Shore-Knowlton
                                Glasser-Vossberg-S. Ostrow
                                I don't know how much TV coverage DU gets, so they may be used to rolling four lines with TV timeouts. I noticed in watching the postseason tournaments that TV timeouts mostly let teams roll two lines with the third only going out maybe 20% of the time...

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X