Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    If Willie had been doing the anti-smoking campaign, the ink wouldn't have dried on the contract before he was given the heave-ho.
    You can't blame the non profits, they want the biggest names they can get. But before I go public telling people what they should or shouldn't do I'd make d--n sure I didn't have anything to hide. Think Tom Eagleton and electro-shock therapy. Oops.

Plus most people in Texas, especially west Texas, drive 95 too. And they did so when the double nickel was the rule of the road.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 03-20-2010, 11:04 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      You can't blame the non profits, they want the biggest names they can get. But before I go public telling people what they should or shouldn't do I'd make d--n sure I didn't have anything to hide. Think Tom Eagleton and electro-shock therapy. Oops.

Plus most people in Texas, especially west Texas, drive 95 too. And they did so when the double nickel was the rule of the road.
      One time I was driving through North Texas in a buddy's Corvette going from Miami to Denver. There was no one on the road and I was boogying at about 120 or so. A Texas Ranger was coming in the opposite direction. He didn't even bother to turn around.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Jason Moy on USCHO is saying DU is headed to Albany to play RIT in the east regional. if DU wins, then DU plays the winner of Cornell vs Northern Michigan to advance to Detroit.

While the teams may not strike fear in anyone's hearts, there is no question that Cornell and RIT will enjoy all of their fans within a few hours drive of Albany.

If DU goes to Albany, we'll have maybe 30 fans on hand, depending on how many people du78 brings with him...

Comment

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          Jason Moy on USCHO is saying DU is headed to Albany to play RIT in the east regional. if DU wins, then DU plays the winner of Cornell vs Northern Michigan to advance to Detroit.

While the teams may not strike fear in anyone's hearts, there is no question that Cornell and RIT will enjoy all of their fans within a few hours drive of Albany.

If DU goes to Albany, we'll have maybe 30 fans on hand, depending on how many people du78 brings with him...
          There is room in the car.............Looking to go for the Saturday regional final, have to work on Friday. Classic match-up if DU faces Cornell.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

This is one of the easiest Regionals in recent memory. DU is being given a gift if this is the way it turns out. A good reward for a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              This is one of the easiest Regionals in recent memory. DU is being given a gift if this is the way it turns out. A good reward for a great season.
              Worcester appears to be the region of death this year.

Wisconsin and SCSU can stay in their St. Paul hotels until next weekend.........
              Last edited by du78; 03-20-2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                I really want to be optimistic. After this weekend, just making it to the FF would also be a gift. No chance the pep band will be at the regional I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  I really want to be optimistic. After this weekend, just making it to the FF would also be a gift. No chance the pep band will be at the regional I assume.
                  We can ask Seth to lend us RPI's.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                    We can ask Seth to lend us RPI's.
                    Offer 'em some lift tickets.

Comment

And another thing. DU should use the 60th anniversary uniforms the rest of the way. They look good, and DU has done well in them.

Comment

And another thing. DU should use the 60th anniversary uniforms the rest of the way. They look good, and DU has done well in them.
                        Yup. And they send a little message, too.

Comment

Man, I should have named the thread differently. I would like (after the fact and prior to NCAA names) to rename it. I'll start. (BTW, I'm still in shock).

1) It's not a Ford, it's a Toyota.
                          2) We were small, but we were slow.
                          3) Bring Back Ruckus.
                          4) Your d-i-c-k has to be long to step on it.

Continue
                          DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                          sigpic
                          WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Oh come on Swami, we strike fear into least a few teams' hearts!!
                            (That Sacred Heart seemed to have a little of it last night!) Looking forward to seeing DU in Albany next weekend if it does indeed turn out that way. I hope you're playing well again AND I hope it is a great game.

Deep down, I would love to see Cornell-RIT playing for the trip to the FF @ FF (have connections to both schools), but I am also realistic and very happy to see RIT with it's first trip to the DI NCAAs.

All the best to the Pios fans and if you do beat RIT, I'll be rooting for you the rest of the way.
                            -M

Comment

DU will be the "home" team in every NCAA game unless they would meet Miami in the Championship. They will be wearing the white unis.

Comment

I agree with DG if this bracket comes true it's the best draw we've had since 05 (the last time we were in the east). Any word on #16? I didn't see yesterday's game (thankfully). Was it Chevy or bad D? I knew Bucky had more motivation then we would--fightin for a #1.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X